2022 Spring game is Friday April 1 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Spring game is Friday April 1

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
FKefXklWQAM1jav

This means Spring practice should be starting sooner than last year-maybe a month from now?

Last edited:
Was hoping the spring game would have been mid to late April. Chance to limit covid issues and gives new coaches more time.

I’ve never been to a spring game, how does it work? Can you just sit wherever you like if it’s free?

Maybe it will be a good thing and allow coaches more time post-Spring to figure how all the pieces fit.
Yeah early April will be right on time to scratch my football itch. No problem for me with that date . Don’t love the 7pm time but can live with it. The sooner the new offense can start to be integrated the better.

Yeah early April will be right on time to scratch my football itch. No problem for me with that date . Don’t love the 7pm time but can live with it. The sooner the new offense can start to be integrated the better.

It’s because it’s a Friday night

Yup, the out of towners get a bone with it televised but I hope people keep expectations in check, Babers hates the spring game and isn't going to show anything and its going to be a lot of special teams and other stuff like fan fest last year.

Last edited:
Yeah while I would rather it be Saturday I can make Friday work and have seen the Spring games before. I get Babers doesn't love emm. My son and I will still go and have a good time shooting the breeze and see some of the new players and staff and watch a little football.

Friday night most likely means we won't go which stinks kids really enjoy these and gives us an excuse to visit Cuse lol

I might go but my wife probably won’t because she’s a teacher and we live two hours away. If it’s on ACCN I may just stream it online or listen on the radio if it’s broadcasted. But who am I kidding I’ll probably be there.

Yup, the out of towners get a bone with it televised but I hope people keep expectations in check, Babers hates the spring game and isn't going to show anything and its going to be a lot of special teams and other stuff like fan fest last year.
My understanding is that while this is not going to be a true football game, it will be much closer to a true scrimmage than the last few spring game 'experiences' the fans have been exposed to.

Just the fact it is being televised is going to help here.

I expect one team will have Shrader, one will have Villari and the TV guys will play it up as a battle for the starting job at QB. Regardless of how true this is.

I also expect vanilla play calling but with a new offense being installed, I think we might see the playbook opened more than we are used to. We have a new guy running the offense and he likes to pass it a lot.

Lots of new faces, lots of returning talent. More depth than we have had in years. It should be worth watching.

But I am optimistic. I thought we might enjoy the spring game last year. So my credibility is shot.

My understanding is that while this is not going to be a true football game, it will be much closer to a true scrimmage than the last few spring game 'experiences' the fans have been exposed to.

Just the fact it is being televised is going to help here.

I expect one team will have Shrader, one will have Villari and the TV guys will play it up as a battle for the starting job at QB. Regardless of how true this is.

I also expect vanilla play calling but with a new offense being installed, I think we might see the playbook opened more than we are used to. We have a new guy running the offense and he likes to pass it a lot.

Lots of new faces, lots of returning talent. More depth than we have had in years. It should be worth watching.

But I am optimistic. I thought we might enjoy the spring game last year. So my credibility is shot.
Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

I’d expect the ones get two or three series of live work and then hand it over to the rest of the roster.

?’s

Who is the fifth OL starter and is he center or RT

2nd unit OL

Wr DC, a lot of competition there

same with safety and rover

DL, how ready are the guys that redshirted to contribute

qb dc behind Shrader,

lb depth, what’s the fall off between the ones and twos

big group of kids we have never seen live, redshirt freshmen, transfers, and early enrolling fr.

looking forward to it

I am considering going just to see the new coaches interact with the offense and to see the two athletic QBs show me what they got. I hope to see GS look comfortable throwing the ball. I want to see flashes of DVs arm potential. And some WRs who look like they’ve grown up more in the off season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom