2022 Spring game is Friday April 1 | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Spring game is Friday April 1

The second wave of hitting the portal has already begun, if you look at 24/7.

Remember, it's not just guys getting beaten out--it's also scheme changes that don't fit players' skill sets. We'll probably have some leave us for that reason, but there will definitely be players out there who suit our scheme.

Cali Awards coming this afternoon before the hawks get cooked and Duke loses its story book ending

2018 Andre Szmyt was good. I'm hoping Hawkins and Williams are walkons then. Penn State has like 8 TEs on their roster. We need to bring in some TEs fast.
Pretty sure Williams was recruited as punter. Listed as p/pk on roster. So is Hawkins but no clue who he was before last night.

Last edited:
This is endlessly frustrating to me. Why does Dino have to be pushed? imo its a given we play a spring game. I think SS started this nonsense by only doing drives inside the 50.
Idgaf who the coach is the job description includes a spring game for the fans.
The ACC requires a game now because they are televising them all for each school. Dino had no choice.

I’m so pissed. I haven’t been sick in years and I was so violently ill yesterday I couldn’t even drink water. Unreal
Just your body expelling 2019, 2020 and 2021 before Cuse starts winning again in 2022.

Goodness I just looked at the schedule and I feel like Belgium staring down the Germans in August 1914

I hope so too. But, a lot of the portal TEs are already gone.
Maybe catch the 2nd wave after Spring ball.
You don't think the current TE's can get the job done?

Thought, physically, Mahar’s impressive. I don’t think we need Alford in a hybrid/Charles Clay role. Mahar’s that with size. Could always use depth but I really think Mahar’s going to do some things the board convinced themselves Benson would be able to do.

Didn’t somebody talk to Mahar, and he said they throw to them a lot in practice?
And that they didn’t want any of that on film.

Or did I dream that??

Anyway - that all sounds like Dino to me;
Keeping it (mostly) vanilla, and trying to keep any big changes/wrinkles under wraps so Llvll won’t know until during the game.

Villari and Morgan showed some grit and made some positives against a rock solid first string D.

Villari had a very Tommy like near pick six trying to get out from our own goal line though I gotta say

Didn’t see a lot of the game because I had a prior commitment, but Lamson looks like a better thrower than I expected and better than Shrader in that department for sure. Seems like it’s going to be a tough decision who starts there.

Last edited:
Asking the guys who attended: did you see any physical changes to the Dome?

Not really. Shrader is the starter

No reason not to think Shrader has improved his passing also.

He was dinged up later in the season, so that didn’t help.

And - all of the WR’s seem to have upped their games, so hopefully we won’t have nearly as many drops as last year.
That was a killer - seemed like at least 1-2x a game where Shrader got the ball out and on target, and it was simply dropped by the receiver.
If those are catches, his passing stats become much more respectable.

Talked to Mahar. He said they throw to the TE’s a lot but didn’t want to show it all tonight.

Hilarious that throwing to our tight ends is top secret.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom