2022 Spring game is Friday April 1 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Spring game is Friday April 1

Best thing was Lamson, willing to sling it and completing the passes. Going to be happy to have him when Shrader has thrown 3 int and team is losing.
Both TDs were stare down throws however. But I’m not complaining. He’s a very solid #2 it appears, and will inevitably get on the field because the back up QB always does. Won’t need to burn a TO because Shrader’s helmet came off.

Shrader brings a lot of MF’er to the position. That can’t be understated. He’s a leader of this team. That makes up for a lot.

We’re headed in the right direction. I hammered Tucker for taking a shot at the OC at the end of the season….but kids know when the plan isn’t working, and when it is.

Shrader’s comments are a direct reflection of his belief in the offensive staff.

Andre Szmyt is good. He had no coach last year. The 2018 Andre was the Lou Groza winner and probably the best in the country. He does not have to replicate that season to be considered “good”.

You are right I would settle for adequate or decent.

I think this is a poor judgement.

Shrader was SLINGING it in practice before the game. Looked like the best thrower easily.

Lamson looked good and he’s the clear #2 in my opinion.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Morgan transfer out once spring ball wraps up
Lamson was playing against the 2s. Think it was interesting that the coaches had Morgan and Villari playing against the 1s. Wonder how they would have done if the 1s and 2s had been reversed.

And I don't think Morgan is going anywhere.

After such a great night in the Dome, I honestly can’t see SU not doing this every year going forward for now on. It’s an inexpensive way to keep the diehards excited during the way to long off season. Lots of little kids/ future fans having a blast as well.

Both TDs were stare down throws however. But I’m not complaining. He’s a very solid #2 it appears, and will inevitably get on the field because the back up QB always does. Won’t need to burn a TO because Shrader’s helmet came off.

Shrader brings a lot of MF’er to the position. That can’t be understated. He’s a leader of this team. That makes up for a lot.

We’re headed in the right direction. I hammered Tucker for taking a shot at the OC at the end of the season….but kids know when the plan isn’t working, and when it is.

Shrader’s comments are a direct reflection of his belief in the offensive staff.

Dino didn’t have to burn that timeout. Stupid decision.

Not sure Lamson needed to look away from the receivers on the TD throws, there were no other defenders besides the primary cover man.

This is what it is all about, seeing kids out with their moms and dads at a game smiling and having a blast and taking a pics with their favorite player(s). This is awesome to see especially with all of the problems that we have here and abroad.
Yes sir. Events like this are designed for just that IMO. No offense to anyone, but alot of people on here put so much into the football portion. Like thinking how great or how bad we’re gonna be based on an inter squad scrimmage. The football part is fun, but it’s not realistic. I’m sure Perry Patterson really lit it up at a spring game once upon a time. The part where you rub elbows with the program is what most come for.

Lamson is going to be on the field regardless. Definitely see him in their football player position. He’s gutsy
I think it makes more sense to use Villari there. Another good athlete (put a nice spin move on Caleb O.) and need to keep Lamson healthy in case we need him at QB.

I can tell there is good coaching going on because we had long drives with multiple QB’s. We haven’t had that in previous spring games. McPhail even drove them down for a TD.
Surprised he got so many reps, but he's not bad, either. At the minimum, he throws the ball better than Culpepper.

I think it makes more sense to use Villari there. Another good athlete (put a nice spin move on Caleb O.) and need to keep Lamson healthy in case we need him at QB.
It can be both. A couple a touches a game wont hurt. That position is not in every set they have. I think its ok to get him some experience on the field. That's vital for a back up. Also keeps him in good spirits about his future here. Remember he is far away from home.

It can be both. A couple a touches a game wont hurt. That position is not in every set they have. I think its ok to get him some experience on the field. That's vital for a back up. Also keeps him in good spirits about his future here. Remember he is far away from home.
And safeties aren't going to be happy having Shrader out as a receiver. That's like having a fast TE running downfield.

Can anyone translate the hand signals for an old guy? It was so much easier in my day when there was really only one universal hand sign. These days I feel like I need to bone up on my ASL in order to understand anything.

Dome dogs were awful tonight though gotta say. Are hoffmans hoffmans anymore??
From my experience at the new dome - Depends on the concession stand you go to.

The new grab and go ones are awful. They’re like re-heated weirdly so they are dry and stale.

The old style concession stands taste the same as they always have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom