2022 Spring game is Friday April 1 | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Spring game is Friday April 1

Didn’t somebody talk to Mahar, and he said they throw to them a lot in practice?
And that they didn’t want any of that on film.

Or did I dream that??

Anyway - that all sounds like Dino to me;
Keeping it (mostly) vanilla, and trying to keep any big changes/wrinkles under wraps so Llvll won’t know until during the game.
Yup classic Dino

You don't think the current TE's can get the job done?
It's risky right now; we need more TEs. We lost maybe our best two prospects to portal, and didn't replace them with anybody. Mahar is under weight, Mang grew up in Germany, Rhino is a fullback, and Alford is a wide receiver.

Didn’t see a lot of the game because I had a prior commitment, but Lamson looks like a better thrower than I expected and better than Shrader in that department for sure. Seems like it’s going to be a tough decision who starts there.

I think this is a poor judgement.

Shrader was SLINGING it in practice before the game. Looked like the best thrower easily.

Lamson looked good and he’s the clear #2 in my opinion.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Morgan transfer out once spring ball wraps up

I think this is a poor judgement.

Shrader was SLINGING it in practice before the game. Looked like the best thrower easily.

Lamson looked good and he’s the clear #2 in my opinion.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Morgan transfer out once spring ball wraps up
The only thing I can compare it to is last year. I know there’s other fans that feel the same who weren’t at the game. I don’t care who wins the job, but we need a passing game.

The only thing I can compare it to is last year. I know there’s other fans that feel the same who weren’t at the game. I don’t care who wins the job, but we need a passing game.

Right but two things…

Last year Shrader hadn’t played qb in a year and half. His arm was absolutely gassed by the end of the season. His arm is much stronger this year and has been in training now.

2) Shrader finished the season with an injury to his mid-section which really hampered his throwing motion. Couple that with the dead arm and the later part of the season his throws looked meh.

The kid is the real deal, he’s QB1 without a doubt. He was allowed to drop his number from 16 to 6. That shows the confidence Dino has in him.

He is the man. But if anything happens we have Lamson right behind him

My kids ending up loving the evening. Great job by Cuse even if they were forced into it.

We were all pretty down on the program in December. There were even a few talking about no longer supporting the program. It seemed like a long shot at the time, but great hires, community outreach, portal and a spring game could get this program back on track.

The off-season so far has been as close to perfect as possible. They have hit on almost everything! If they can get some portal support before summer and mix it up with the community a little more it would be a perfect off-season.

Hate to wish the time away, but I’m really excited for September.

Another under the radar thing I noticed..

Shraders much much much more vocal it seems this year. There was not one moment where he wasn’t surrounded by other players, either coaching them up or joking with them.

Also that man may be like 6’4 240 of north carolina angus. He’s a huge lad

It's risky right now; we need more TEs. We lost maybe our best two prospects to portal, and didn't replace them with anybody. Mahar is under weight, Mang grew up in Germany, Rhino is a fullback, and Alford is a wide receiver.
maybe is the key word. The staff are evaluating from a view that fans don’t have access to. We don’t know how they feel about the position. They might love the players that they have. If it’s a depth thing then they can get a guy from the portal. Are you assuming whatever TE that transfers in will be better than what we have?

Few things I really liked.
1. Offensive staff is going to be best we had since Dino first year.
2. Young defenders McDonald, Mason, and Nolton make future look bright.
3. Allen is going to be a superstar. The staff will find a way to get him the ball THIS season.
4. Oliver might be the best athlete on defense and that’s saying something. Only a matter of time before he passes Coley or Simmons.

Few things I really liked.
1. Offensive staff is going to be best we had since Dino first year.
2. Young defenders McDonald, Mason, and Nolton make future look bright.
3. Allen is going to be a superstar. The staff will find a way to get him the ball THIS season.
4. Oliver might be the best athlete on defense and that’s saying something. Only a matter of time before he passes Coley or Simmons.
Mentioned this during game, but Jaquez looked like a player too.
Love the thought of a Carter, Scott, Clark safeties group.

Was good is more appropriate. Has to redeem himself this season after 2 not so good years.
2018 Andre Szmyt was good. I'm hoping Hawkins and Williams are walkons then. Penn State has like 8 TEs on their roster. We need to bring in some TEs fast.
Andre Szmyt is good. He had no coach last year. The 2018 Andre was the Lou Groza winner and probably the best in the country. He does not have to replicate that season to be considered “good”.

2018 Andre Szmyt was good. I'm hoping Hawkins and Williams are walkons then. Penn State has like 8 TEs on their roster. We need to bring in some TEs fast.
Williams is a punter.

Andre Szmyt is good. He had no coach last year. The 2018 Andre was the Lou Groza winner and probably the best in the country. He does not have to replicate that season to be considered “good”.
Yes. To say Andre Szmyt was "good" in 2018 is like saying your all-expense paid vacation to Aruba was decent

Szmyt was beyond excellent in 2018, and I hope to see him in that spot again

Didn’t catch that much of the end of the game but was there a Nolton sighting?? Didn’t see him in the beginning or on the sidelines.

Didn’t catch that much of the end of the game but was there a Nolton sighting?? Didn’t see him in the beginning or on the sidelines.
Nolton looked good, and was standing on the sidelines right in front of us for quite awhile in sect 116. Had a couple pressures and forced fumble.

Best thing was Lamson, willing to sling it and completing the passes. Going to be happy to have him when Shrader has thrown 3 int and team is losing.

Tucker caught quite a few TDs? Do you watch games
2!!!!!!! You were right I was wrong, we do pass successfully and alot to our TE and RB with 2 TDs to our RBs for the full season last year. Our top receiver even had well over 388 receiving yards.
I have to watch games closer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom