2023-24 NBA Season | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

harden to clippers for not much. Basically bunch of trash going both ways .. a first in the year 7050, a 2nd… some pick swap that won’t be activated. And some mystery pick ..

I guess you do it for the picks if you’re Philly, but feels like this ends any hope of them contending for a title (unless they flip the picks later on) and I’m not really confident it makes a significant difference for the Clippers either, though Harden remains a good player when he cares.

I guess you do it for the picks if you’re Philly, but feels like this ends any hope of them contending for a title (unless they flip the picks later on) and I’m not really confident it makes a significant difference for the Clippers either, though Harden remains a good player when he cares.

There was no way they were getting anything back from the Clippers that helped them win a title. The Sixers were signaling they wanted to keep the cap space for the summer, so this helps them with that. But also maybe they will take the picks and try and add something to the team now? Its not like they have an MVP candidate who is about to turn 30 or anything, so who cares about this season?

One thing I am curious about is Shams is saying the Clippers are sending their 26 first (via OKC). The Clippers sent OKC that pick in the Paul George trade. Obviously the Thunder arent giving that pick up for nothing, so whats going on here?

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1719341559907238286?s=20

Apparently I suck at posting tweets now

Further trade details: The Clippers are sending a 2027 first-round pick swap to Oklahoma City, clearing way for OKC to move a protected 2026 first-round pick to the 76ers, sources said. The Clippers are sending a 2024 and a 2029 second-round pick to the Sixers in the deal too, sources said.

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1719341559907238286?s=20

Apparently I suck at posting tweets now

Further trade details: The Clippers are sending a 2027 first-round pick swap to Oklahoma City, clearing way for OKC to move a protected 2026 first-round pick to the 76ers, sources said. The Clippers are sending a 2024 and a 2029 second-round pick to the Sixers in the deal too, sources said.
Yeah the message board can’t embed x.com links. I think if you click on the tweet first and then copy the link, you might get a Twitter link instead of X and then it works. It messed me up for a while too and I can’t remember the exact solution.

Yeah the message board can’t embed x.com links. I think if you click on the tweet first and then copy the link, you might get a Twitter link instead of X and then it works. It messed me up for a while too and I can’t remember the exact solution.
Replace x.com with twitter.com before posting and you can embed tweets.

Curious whether Embiid is going to be patient and see what the Sixers are going to do in the offseason or if he's going to push for a trade next.

They added an “ecstatic” James Harden for nothing and you don’t think it makes a significant difference?

They added an “ecstatic” James Harden for nothing and you don’t think it makes a significant difference?
Not really, no. I think he’ll be a significant upgrade for the games that Kawhi and PG13 miss, but I don’t think this really makes them a title contender personally and it’s a lot of picks to give up for anything short of that.

I know divisions don't matter as much as they do in the NFL and MLB but Harden going to the Pacific makes the best division in sports even more talent rich.
Likely hall of famers: Lebron, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry.
That doesn't even include players who qualify for the new NBA "star" rest rules, you can throw in: De'Aaron Fox, Domantas Sabonis, Bradley Beal and Andrew Wiggins

Not really, no. I think he’ll be a significant upgrade for the games that Kawhi and PG13 miss, but I don’t think this really makes them a title contender personally and it’s a lot of picks to give up for anything short of that.

If the playoffs roll around and PG and Kawhi are healthy, I can see them as serious contenders, and Harden would help then, but how many years do we need to say if PG and Kawhi are healthy?

That should mean a better seed in the playoffs. The Clippers were considered the favorites a year ago, when they didn’t have a point guard or a backup center. Now they have Westbrook, Harden, and Plumlee, and they didn’t have to sacrifice depth.

If the playoffs roll around and PG and Kawhi are healthy, I can see them as serious contenders, and Harden would help then, but how many years do we need to say if PG and Kawhi are healthy?
As many years as we should be saying the exact same thing about star players on the Suns, Celtics, and Lakers. It’s been mentioned before…Durant has played fewer games than Leonard since Leonard joined LA.

He can't/doesn't want to play off the ball so have fun with that.
They said it wouldn’t work out with Westbrook either. The Clippers had to do something.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you don’t think this makes the Clippers a contender. They should have been considered contenders before the move. Doesn’t mean they’ll win it, but the potential is there.

Harden just led the league in assists, and he’s happy and motivated. Contract talks won’t take place until the season is over.

As many years as we should be saying the exact same thing about star players on the Suns, Celtics, and Lakers. It’s been mentioned before…Durant has played fewer games than Leonard since Leonard joined LA.

Yeah I get it. Durant definitely misses time every year. But what was the last playoff run Kawhi was healthy at the end of, the bubble? Just seems like he's always breaking down at the end of the year. For the first two games of the Suns series last year the guy looked like the best player in the league and then he was just done.

I see the Lakers and Clippers basically in the same tier, fwiw. Denver, Boston, Milwaukee and probably Phoenix are ahead of them if you ask me.

DK has the Clippers +1200 to win, Warriors also +1200, Lakers +1300. That seems fine to me.

They said it wouldn’t work out with Westbrook either. The Clippers had to do something.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you don’t think this makes the Clippers a contender. They should have been considered contenders before the move. Doesn’t mean they’ll win it, but the potential is there.

Harden just led the league in assists, and he’s happy and motivated. Contract talks won’t take place until the season is over.
On paper they’ve got 3 stars. We’ll see how it gels.

If they stay healthy and play well together, they could do it.

That should mean a better seed in the playoffs. The Clippers were considered the favorites a year ago, when they didn’t have a point guard or a backup center. Now they have Westbrook, Harden, and Plumlee, and they didn’t have to sacrifice depth.
I think that was probably incorrect back then, and also think the competition has improved while the shine has worn off the stars a bit.

They’re probably in the third tier of teams to me.

Why make the deal now? Sixers could have held out with nothing lost. Conspiracy on a radio show this AM that the league encouraged the deal to get done now so we don't have months of Harden on the bench in street clothes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom