2023-24 Portal Options | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Let them riot- quality has to be the play here.
Will there be any quality players left in the portal after the next week?

Cooley is landing players left and right. Jesse went from portal to commit in a week. Other top guys are committing left and right. We’ve been radio silent for a couple weeks.

Edwards is gone leaving a huge hole. Judah is likely gone. If we replace those two guys with portal leftovers it’s going to be a long season next year.

Maybe Red is planning to use next year as a full rebuilding year? His roster / portal movement over the next couple of weeks will tell us a lot. In the meantime, fans are left to scratch their heads at the lack of activity.

Not sure if mentioned but I'm genuinely curious who else Red was visiting with during that trip he posted the pic of catching up with JJ yesterday...

My guess would have been Dickinson at Michigan. But since he’s in DC visiting family and taking a couple unofficials, that’s not the right answer.

My guess would have been Dickinson at Michigan. But since he’s in DC visiting family and taking a couple unofficial, that’s not the right answer.

Yeah.. Unless he took a trip down to Texas and Oklahoma...

Cooley is landing players left and right. Jesse went from portal to commit in a week. Other top guys are committing left and right. We’ve been radio silent for a couple weeks.

Edwards is gone leaving a huge hole. Judah is likely gone. If we replace those two guys with portal leftovers it’s going to be a long season next year.

Maybe Red is planning to use next year as a full rebuilding year? His roster / portal movement over the next couple of weeks will tell us a lot. In the meantime, fans are left to scratch their heads at the lack of activity.

Well two key names we know in Cisse and Ousmane as well. Red was in South Bend to see JJ... assuming he wasn't out traveling for that alone...

The portal doesn’t close for 24 days. More will enter.

If you took Colvin Street all the way East, you'd run into Skytop Plaza.

There was a locally owned grocery store named Peter's (now Tops), a liquor store, drug store, dry cleaners, and a hair salon.

Behind the grocery store was Johnny's Pizza (now OIP).
I grew up in Binghamton and had season tickets with my family and my grandmother. She was the manager of the York State Manor for retired teachers. It was there in Dewitt down the street from Peter’s. Anytime there was a week day game we would stop at Johnny’s and get pizza to eat before we went to the game. Weekend games we always went to Grimaldi’s after games and the. Eventually Joey’s!

Interesting story, but sometimes we would go Friday night and spend the night. We would eat breakfast there at the Manor where many of the cooks and waiters were Syracuse mens and womens basketball teams! One time after a Seton Hall game at Grimaldi’s there was PJ Carlisemo, JB, and Dick Vitale eating dinner. Such great times growing up! I was lucky!

But will we get them to commit to SU? Bar is not too high for Red. Just needs to land a quality (top 100) center and additional guard from the portal.
Remains to be seen, but there's plenty of time, and your question had a very specific time bound parameter.

Remains to be seen, but there's plenty of time, and your question had a very specific time bound parameter.
Most of the top 100 portal transfers have been committing. We’ve gone a month so since getting JJ and have lost our center. Color me a little worried we’re going to be left with portal scraps after the top 100 are all picked over.

Most of the top 100 portal transfers have been committing. We’ve gone a month so since getting JJ and have lost our center. Color me a little worried we’re going to be left with portal scraps after the top 100 are all picked over.

More guys will keep dropping in...

Former hokie before UConn.
Cuse better land Westry or another comparable guy who can score.

All of those players can’t even produce on a mid major level. Until Dean or McCallister say that’s who our priority is I don’t believe it at all.
It’s not our priority: it’s our price range.

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

Seems like Red really has to deliver another portal commit within the next week or the natives will really start to riot. If he starts accepting commitments from low D1 schools we are in trouble and it’s setting the tone for a very long rebuild.

….and we started off so strong with JJ……SMH
Why a week?

That's the recent SU way. Fighting for the scraps from Longshank's table.

As one of the posters mentioned, he didn’t even put on the UNT guy, dude is lost
“Some” of the guys who were mentioned multiple times. He didn’t say that it was the whole list.