2023 Depth Chart | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Depth Chart

I respect the Alford believers. I really don't want to rag on the kid, but I just don't see it. What does looking like a stud even look like for him? Catching 2 passes a game?

He’s got all the physical tools and I never say stuff like that on here. I let other homers say it about recruits for the last 15 years. I don’t care about making a great catch every 3 games. Take that away, I still think he could be a stud. Not sure what’s missing; seems the mental part is missing but I never like to pin that on a player. So no clue.

I respect the Alford believers. I really don't want to rag on the kid, but I just don't see it. What does looking like a stud even look like for him? Catching 2 passes a game?
All he does is make plays. You know, there are practice players who don't do squat in game situations, and players who show up in games situations having done nothing in practice. Remember Marquis Spruil? The quintessential gamer. Took a while for the coaches to figure it out.

Need a center.
Would love a stud WR.
A starting TE.
Another Corner

Keep the entire staff!

THIS. He will return for his Jr year, then bolt to the NFL.

To the OP - I don't think we need LB's.
one RB might be nice, but not mandatory.

DL depth - an impact player would be awesome.
OL depth - can never have too many elephants and hippoes.
WR - need an impact dude.

Iffy, Cisco, Trill, GW, and Duce? That’s a lot of Orange DBs in the league.

Two Wide Receivers I'm going to be eyeing closely if they hit the transfer portal due to lack of playing time:

Kentron Poiter (FSU)
Malick Meiga (Penn State)

Both seriously considered SU, so the relationship is there.
My number one Wr get would be Wicks from UVA. He wont leave for playing time but he might want to go back to a staff that he has a relationship with and had a phenomenal season with in their system.

Last edited:
Maybe they’re trying to lower his draft status by not using him?
The extent of his injuries - and by extension the nature of the coverup - will be the greatest mystery of the decade.

He’s got all the physical tools and I never say stuff like that on here. I let other homers say it about recruits for the last 15 years. I don’t care about making a great catch every 3 games. Take that away, I still think he could be a stud. Not sure what’s missing; seems the mental part is missing but I never like to pin that on a player. So no clue.

I think it’s his mental makeup. He seems like a passive kid and not an alpha. Being an alpha is an attitude. He doesn’t act like he’s the biggest strongest fastest kid on the field, ever. He sort of acts like a timid kid who stands in the back.

Last edited:
I think it’s his mental makeup. He seems like passive kid and not an alpha. Being an alpha is an attitude. He doesn’t act like he’s the biggest strongest fastest kid on the field, ever. He sort of acts like a timid kid who stands in the back.

I didn’t want to say that but….. thanks for saying it for me. There’s a lot more to playing WR then just speed. This board loves guys that can run really fast down the field and not catch passes (this doesn’t apply to Alford). But there’s a lot of intangibles involved in playing at this level. He seems to be a good example of this, he’s got the physical tools. Some one needs to teach him how to learn to become a different person when he steps on the field. Teach him how to be angry is the best way to say it.

THIS. He will return for his Jr year, then bolt to the NFL.

To the OP - I don't think we need LB's.
one RB might be nice, but not mandatory.

DL depth - an impact player would be awesome.
OL depth - can never have too many elephants and hippoes.
WR - need an impact dude.

Wes Hoeh was not good last year, as in epically bad at completely whiffing on blocks. If he is in our 2-deep, that is a position that requires an immediate upgrade.

If we can sell another 10,000-15,000 season tickets and give that D a crazy loud crowd for every big game next year we should win all/most of our home games.

Colgate, Western Michigan, Army, Boston College, Clemson, Pitt, Wake Forest should be an attractive slate. ...

Yeah, that's a home slate where you expect to win almost every game.

I picked him in the pre-season predictions contest for him to be our break-out star with the most TD receptions. Glad for the year we got from Gadson! At least one of those guys became a break-out star. Now, we need a couple more.

There is definitely some encouraging things there that is probably the best deaf we had at quarterback in a long long time period wide receiver if it stays the way it is with those 3 guys in particular are all very big and fast guys that's very impressive .
of course Mr duce chestnut is a big timer! I love him and alijah Clark I love , plus I'd like to see Neil Nunn finally Show how good people thought he was gonna be early sided

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom