2023 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Men's Div I Bracket

Penn State up 7-3 at half.

Penn State up 9-6 end of 3rd quarter

Last edited:
This is an interesting finish.

Army may or may not have tied the game up at the buzzer.

PSU 10, Army 9

Army was man-up at the end of the game but didn't get the shot off in time.

Glad Army lost, their coach is a tool and their fans are insufferable, especially that one guy on twitter that openly bashes Syracuse any chance he gets.

Glad Army lost, their coach is a tool and their fans are insufferable, especially that one guy on twitter that openly bashes Syracuse any chance he gets.

Army has a weird online fanbase. There's not many of them at all to start but a few I've run into seem to have a major chip on their shoulder and some odd obsession with Syracuse which I don't get either. The dude over at fanlax acts like he's a fan of UVA or Maryland and not a team that hasn't been to a final four since Reagans first term in office.

Gotta give them credit though for this year, definitely overachieved based on what they lost to graduation. They also return a lot next year but lose their goalie who has been outstanding. I'm sure they will be good again but their Achilles heal is always Offensive depth and you saw it cost them again today

Last edited:
During the two games today, I watched all four teams' ssdms closely. Duke and UVA both ran out 3 or 4 who were either big fast very athletic underclassmen or seasoned excellent fast upperclassmen who could hold the other teams best attacks after big little hand offs without giving up either goals or great passes. McGuire of Duke and was one example, a freshman who made several good plays. Georgetown and Michigan could not take advantage while UVA and Duke could abuse their ssdms. Big factors in their success. More evidence that you cannot get by with mediocre dms. Most of the good ones for the winners were exceptional offensive mids in hs. I do not think SU can decide to employ their best freshmen most athletic offensive mids as second line offensive players. I think UVA might make a player like Rhoa into a dm during his first year. Of course they have many more great freshman recruits than SU, so it would be easier for them. I always run into that great wall of recruiting when thinking about this stuff.
Aviles was an O middie of the yr in HS yet is leaving because he wants to push transitions and do things these other SSDMs do. He wasn't allowed at SU. No point moving a great O mid to play D if ur gonna run em off right away.

Was expecting a slightly more lopsided result so props to the hop squad there. Have not watched it yet. Think their DC has been their only certain home run hire but Milliman has certainly earned some time as well. Think the D is all that really separated them from us this season, but we really were at a similar level to them overall. Our O was a good deal better. D and fogo/rope unit unfortunately far worse.

In the end their O was never high powered enough this season. Future looks pretty good there mainly due to Mr. Collision, but the middies besides him tend to go quiet against the best of the best. Think it would be criminal to not move him to Degnons lefty attack spot next season.

Certainly dislike both teams but I get more enjoyment out of hop fans suffering than ND’s. Hope our resident Hop troll enjoyed that.

Was expecting a slightly more lopsided result so props to the hop squad there. Have not watched it yet. Think their DC has been their only certain home run hire but Milliman has certainly earned some time as well. Think the D is all that really separated them from us this season, but we really were at a similar level to them overall. Our O was a good deal better. D and fogo/rope unit unfortunately far worse.

In the end their O was never high powered enough this season. Future looks pretty good there mainly due to Mr. Collision, but the middies besides him tend to go quiet against the best of the best. Think it would be criminal to not move him to Degnons lefty attack spot next season.

Certainly dislike both teams but I get more enjoyment out of hop fans suffering than ND’s. Hope our resident Hop troll enjoyed that.

Hop played pretty well defensively but their lack of elite level dodgers or scorers was evident. It was a pretty close game but you never really got the sense ND was in an actual trouble.

Who do you all like in the final four? I think it is Notre Dame’s year

Last edited:
Saturday, May 27
ESPN2
Noon
1. Duke vs 5. Penn St

2:30 PM
2. Virginia vs 3. Notre Dame

Championship — 1PM on Monday, May 29

Hopkins does bring in that Canadian lefty attackman Gabriel Sorichetti from Culver next fall.

Aviles was an O middie of the yr in HS yet is leaving because he wants to push transitions and do things these other SSDMs do. He wasn't allowed at SU. No point moving a great O mid to play D if ur gonna run em off right away.
you can't always get what you want.

Army has a weird online fanbase. There's not many of them at all to start but a few I've run into seem to have a major chip on their shoulder and some odd obsession with Syracuse which I don't get either. The dude over at fanlax acts like he's a fan of UVA or Maryland and not a team that hasn't been to a final four since Reagans first term in office.

Gotta give them credit though for this year, definitely overachieved based on what they lost to graduation. They also return a lot next year but lose their goalie who has been outstanding. I'm sure they will be good again but their Achilles heal is always Offensive depth and you saw it cost them again today

Are you talking about Lorin over at fannlax? If so that dude is so insufferable. He cannot let it go that Syracuse booted the Cadets off the schedule this year.

Hopkins does bring in that Canadian lefty attackman Gabriel Sorichetti from Culver next fall.

Could see Cam Mule from Lehigh as an option for Hopkins, he’s a lefty as well. Brendan Grimes isn’t consistent but he is a big lefty who many people thought would slide into that spot early in his career. I think their offense is best when Melendez gets run out of the box and can match up with a shorty.

This is all just speculation from you. Has he said to one of your connects that was the specific reason he was leaving? If not then you are just saying things. And what is “right away” about playing on the team for four years? He knew he was locked in to the d middie role from the shortened 2020 season. Why did he not leave after 2021 when he continued to play only ssdm for a full year, the team struggled, and the head coach who recruited him left? Why did he not leave in 2022 after another year of true ssdm play and the team continuing to struggle? Carter rice played plenty of o mid in high school as well. Has he up and left yet? Or anyone of our other ssdm guys who played offense? Your talk about our lack of transition is overblown and all of this with Aviles is just guessing

Who do you all like in the final four? I think it is Notre Dame’s year

Well Notre Dame can’t beat Virginia and Virginia can’t seem to beat Duke. That said the Virginia-Duke games have been close this year and it’s really difficult to beat the same team three times in one year. Penn State is the forgotten team but I don’t think they’ll have the possessions to keep up with Duke.

Well Notre Dame can’t beat Virginia and Virginia can’t seem to beat Duke. That said the Virginia-Duke games have been close this year and it’s really difficult to beat the same team three times in one year. Penn State is the forgotten team but I don’t think they’ll have the possessions to keep up with Duke.
We have been able to beat them in playoffs during the streak, 2010 ACC tournament and 2019 NCAAs.

This is a strange take. I dont know a thing about Army's fans (pretty much all fanbases are insufferable when you really think about it), but Alberici seems to be a great coach and from the accounts I have heard, a great person.

And what Syracuse fan roots for Penn State in anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom