2023 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Men's Div I Bracket

Yikes, the refs blew that.

Had a feeling Leadmon was gonna hero ball that as he wasn’t moving the ball.

It wasn't like a foot was in there. He was entirely in the crease and there was a ref right there who didn't blow the whistle. The NCAA is going to be taken to task over this.

how come we haven’t learn to have replay in playoffs? after the uva maryland goal called for hitting post and the maryland yale goal called even before that. For psu to lose game where clearly on crease and can’t review it is bs. The technology we have these days yet can’t have simple replay in these big games.

It wasn't like a foot was in there. He was entirely in the crease and there was a ref right there who didn't blow the whistle. The NCAA is going to be taken to task over this.

I think he can land in the crease after the goal scores, just as long as he's not in the "goal mouth circle". Especially if he's pushed.

But his foot was blatantly on the line before he released the shot.

Refs left field rather quickly also. Almost like know they blew that called. What a disgrace ncaa n their choices are. Penn state played hell of a game and did not lose this game fairly. His entire foot was on that line. Ncaa will prob have no choice now to change the rule for replay. Why took for team to lose that way for it to happen is crap.

Not great for the sport when this is the takeaway from a national stage. Gotta fix this.

Disgusting ending...
Agreed, but neither team should have lost. Duke played one of their worst defensive games and still "won". As a fan, I'm glad they missed that call. It's an exciting way to win a game, even though he stepped over the line. Duke clearly was the better team overall and I'll take the win.

That’s why I think the snow cone is stupid - too many things for a ref to adjudicate in a tight space on a bang/bang play.

Should be simple - if the shooter touches the crease before the ball crosses the goal line then no goal.

Dives are attempted when driving from X or GLE. Nobody is diving directly at a goalie from a topside dodge so I don’t think the snow cone is necessary.

Last edited:
Mean i’m sure like football replay it while game continues n if need to change call do so. It was end of game so clearly have time n need to make sure right call on such a big game.

Duke may have more talent but penn state played hell of game and did not deserve to lose that way. Even if was other way around and how much hate duke no team should lose that way. Makes sport look bad n that we are dumb and can’t make good goals or no goals.

How many other ncaa sports have replay n yet we still refuse to make it happen. These kids work super hard to get to these games and to have their career end on poor refs calls is a joke.

Mean real time i said he was on crease n the one ref ran over hard like was gonna tell other ref no goal but then called it goal and the refs just straight bounced off field asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom