2023 NFL Thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Anyone watching the Denver v KC game, feel free to explain how that wasn't a TD by Denver on the muffed punt??

Their secondary is the main issue the past two weeks.
Their issue is Leonard Marshall stole their souls, and they’ve only been able to win one time when their owner cheated, since then.

I hate that franchise and fanbase.

Yeah the Niners did a lot of moaning in the off-season about how they would have won it all if Brock Purdy had not gone down. He's a decent QB and a helluva bargain for where he was drafted but I need to see a lot more b4 he deserves to get mentioned with the elite QBs in the NFL.

Yeah the Niners did a lot of moaning in the off-season about how they would have won it all if Brock Purdy had not gone down. He's a decent QB and a helluva bargain for where he was drafted but I need to see a lot more b4 he deserves to get mentioned with the elite QBs in the NFL.
He’s played solid, but they have issues when they fall behind. I’d still take him over Carr.

That's definitely hurt them as has their inability to get chunk runs off the left side. Their ability to dictate via long drives to limit their defense being exposed is adding up.

It's very odd that national broadcasts celebrate players playing fantasy football but gambling is treated the way that it is

Smash spot on Detroit tonight vs the dumb McDaniel Raiders.

This is a big boy move by John Lynch while Jerrah thinks he has what he needs.

And a third round pick is theft. Young is far better value even if he needs to get paid soon after finally being healthy.

And a third round pick is theft. Young is far better value even if he needs to get paid soon after finally being healthy.

Not only that, if Young leaves in free agency, the Niners will likely get a compensatory pick close to the same value. So essentially they could get a half year rental for almost nothing.

Washington would bend over for the Niners. Classic Washington move.

Send them to the XFL already, most unserious franchise in the league.

Washington would bend over for the Niners. Classic Washington move.

Send them to the XFL already, most unserious franchise in the league.

Yeah they have plenty of young talent just a year away and giving away the farm

What do the Bears need Sweat for ? So they can be dogs by fewer points ? I don’t understand this move at all

What do the Bears need Sweat for ? So they can be dogs by fewer points ? I don’t understand this move at all

It really only makes sense to me if they give him an extension.

It really only makes sense to me if they give him an extension.
To me this is an insane trade. Absolutely insane. I’m surprised it’s not getting crapped on immediately. Even if he signs an extension (no guarantee) he was going to be available as a FA at the end of the year. Sign him then and keep your second round pick. They obviously aren’t trying to win this year. I’m flummoxed. Trading a SECOND for a rental in a year you aren’t trying to win. Mind you this will be an EARLY second

This is the Claypool trade all over again. Trade a second for that stiff then trade him to Miami for nothing .

Last edited:
To me this is an insane trade. Absolutely insane. I’m surprised it’s not getting crapped on immediately. Even if he signs an extension (no guarantee) he was going to be available as a FA at the end of the year. Sign him then and keep your second round pick. They obviously aren’t trying to win this year. I’m flummoxed. Trading a SECOND for a rental in a year you aren’t trying to win. Mind you this will be an EARLY second

This is the Claypool trade all over again. Trade a second for that stiff then trade him to Miami for nothing .
They’ll give him an extension. They have 110 million in cap space.

Plus, if he helps them win a game or two, it actually HURTS them. IMO a firing offense.

Put Dexter Lawrence at QB and run sneaks every play. I’m telling you. DeVito is going to get sacked or run straight out of bounds every play.
It might be that it was the SU staff that was lacking, not Tommy.

It might be that it was the SU staff that was lacking, not Tommy.
Maybe. But Illinois’ offense wasn’t good with him either. He had more or less the same stats there as he had at SU in 2019.

And the Giants wouldn’t even let him throw.

They’ll give him an extension. They have 110 million in cap space.
Rather have a second round pick on a cheap contract and keep all the cap space.

I don’t see how it’s theft . Obviously not one team offered a second or he’d have been traded there. You’re just not getting that much for a rental . Sweat actually brought back more given the records the 49ers and bears will have

I don’t see how it’s theft . Obviously not one team offered a second or he’d have been traded there. You’re just not getting that much for a rental . Sweat actually brought back more given the records the 49ers and bears will have
I’d rather have Young than a draft pick. I think a lot of teams and fans overvalue them. You only have about a 50% hit rate on a player you draft having an impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom