2023 NY Mets thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

As long as we make the playoffs, we have a chance. Regular season hasn’t meant too much in most sports recently. Let’s get in and we have as good a chance as anyone.

Bingo.

if we get in and dont have to play the 1 game season and our 2 bigs are healthy we can compete.

if we get in and dont have to play the 1 game season and our 2 bigs are healthy we can compete.

I thought they got rid of the 1 game season.

Still so salty we let Holderman go in that trade. Infuriating.

Looks to me like a possible future closer and a damn good one at that. Either way at least a bigtime setup or top 2 reliever for anyone.

Last edited:

Still so salty we let Holderman go in that trade. Infuriating.

Looks to me like a possible future closer and a damn good one at that. Either way at least a bigtime setup or top 2 reliever for anyone.
Agree. So many senseless moves by Eppler. Hard to understand why he is still employed.

Here is an article that explains why Peterson and Megill have struggled this season. Not very optimistic on Megill's chances of improving over time without going to the minors first.

Hopefully they are right about Peterson and his stint in the minors will help him.

Worrisome so many things the staff is changing with Met players is being counterproductive.

This team does not have the pitching to overcome shoddy defense.

Baty holds on to a ball when it looked like he had the third out. Costs the Mets 3 runs.

Pham drops a routine fly ball.

A couple more runs score needlessly

Lindor misses a tag on a throw to a runner trying to take second.

Inning continues.

Lindor makes an awful throw for another error (it appears it was scored a hit but the runner would have been out with a good throw). Again, the inning continues when it should have ended

I think Sanchez is awful framing pitches and calls a bad game,

Megill wasn’t great but he deserved better.

Let‘s start fixing things by releasing Pham and Sanchez. Burn their uniforms to be sure they don’t ever get on the field again.

Another sloppy loss that we were never in. The thing that impressed me the most about last year's team was their strong fundamentals. They won a bunch of games because they didn't give up ore runs than they had to and took full advantage of scoring opportunities. Not so this team.

Nothing Mets fans like better than listening to "Go Cubs Go1" after a loss at Wrigley Field. Not. :(

After Alvarez hit the homer to put us up 2-0, our bats did nothing. Our started had 6 walks and threw 106 pitches in 5 innings. Their starter, (who used to be ours), had 2 walks in 8 innings and threw 88 pitches.

Gary wasn't scary...

A sensible decision. This is a special day.

Vogelbach starting instead of Vientos again. Vogelbach is hitting like a rookie pitcher. Swings at balls and loves to take pitches right down the middle with 2 strikes.

He isn’t bad. He is horrendous. EVEN worse than Pham.

Stop the madness. Park the garbage. Play Vientos every day. Try and score runs and win.

Peterson had a good game for Syracuse. Maybe he is figuring it out. That is good because Butto has got the same disease so many of the other starters Syracuse has.

Carrasco tonight. Zero expectations he will br effective. Hopefully he figured something out.

Last edited:
Well, we won the series 14 runs to 12!

Hopefully this breakthrough will lead to a stretch of better games and not be an isolated explosion.

What does Vogelbach have on Stevie Cohen?

Well, we won the series 14 runs to 12!

Hopefully this breakthrough will lead to a stretch of better games and not be an isolated explosion.

What does Vogelbach have on Stevie Cohen?
For Vogelbach’s own sanity, I hope they ship him out of here soon. The fans are never going to get behind him. Will get ugly.

For Vogelbach’s own sanity, I hope they ship him out of here soon. The fans are never going to get behind him. Will get ugly.

He sure has milked that one 30 HR year in Seattle for all its worth. Should be just an extra bat for a team that can afford the depth at the end of the bench. That is it.

It seems like he has no eye at all he just flat takes pitches and hopers they are balls.

It seems like he has no eye at all he just flat takes pitches and hopers they are balls.
I wonder if he has a vision problem. Maybe he has the same dry eye issue Nido had?

Great to see Carrasco pitch at a high level. He looked great.

Props to Alvarez for adjusting to what was working. I think he called close to 40% of the pitches to be changeups.

McNeil looked like his normal self again. Marte is looking better with each game. Nimmo has been very good all season. Baty has been struggling some but got a huge hit early to help get the offense rolling.

Maybe we are poised to do damage in Colorado. Hope Max is feeling frisky today.

Already lamenting no game on Memorial Day. That just isn’t right.

Verlander's 2nd inning:

J. VERLANDER PITCHING FOR NYM
McMahon struck out swinging.
Grichuk singled to left.
Castro singled to left, Grichuk to third.
Jones singled to left, Grichuk scored, Castro to second.
Trejo doubled to right, Castro scored, Jones to third.
Tovar walked.
Blackmon doubled to right, Jones scored and Trejo scored, Tovar to third.
Profar hit sacrifice fly to right, Tovar scored, Blackmon to third.
Díaz lined out to center.

Keith Hernandez: 'It was a tough night for the pitchers to get out of Dodge."

I think the early use of the bullpen, (minus it's closer) is really starting to show.