2023 Schedule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

Not sure this was all Wildhack's call...

To commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the first college football game played at the original Yankee Stadium, the Atlantic Coast Conference announced today that the 2023 Pitt at Syracuse football game will be played at the current Yankee Stadium in the Bronx on Nov. 11.

“We look forward to celebrating this significant anniversary involving Pitt, Syracuse and the Yankees,” said ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips, Ph.D. “This is an incredible milestone in college football and we appreciate the cooperation of our tremendous partners to make this a special opportunity for our student-athletes, programs and fans. Yankee Stadium has a rich history of hosting college football games and we’re proud to add this game to its tradition.”

What a joke! Season ticket holders should get a free ticket to that game, I have 8 season tickets and now this home slate looks even worse. Disgusted.

Don’t count on it

Not sure this was all Wildhack's call...

….this was SU decision

On the bright side, after we lose to Pittsburgh football (for the 99th time in 100 tries) in a baseball stadium we can all go to bars and watch JB lose to Colgate for the third year in a row.

Great job, ADJW! Love those ESPN connections!

The worst part is that they'll point to the fact that season ticket prices are not increasing. Well guess what, the home slate is MUCH less attractive than last year, and has one less game. Don't act like you did us a favor...
I have had season tickets for 30+ years and laughed when I read the release. Should we send John an email thanking him for taking away a home game with a rival and not raising the price of my season ticket. With every passing year of mediocre football I wonder why I keep my season tickets.

FnvLqApXEAAl4ax

I don’t want to not support the team by not going to that game, but on the other hand I don’t want to encourage this precedence by buying separate tickets for it.

Uh they aren’t supporting you by taking a CONFERENCE home game away

A game that’s GUARANTEED to be a home game every other year

I mean this is an absolute slap in the face to every season ticket holder.

The fact that they expect you now to go to NYC and spend at least $100 plus a ticket… when you’ve already bought seasons…

This is why and how you lose the local fan base…

i would so much rather drive 4 hours to Syracuse for a game than 2 to the Bronx.

Signed, a guy from NJ

Seriously...I was at the Pinstripe. I cannot imagine what about that overflow crowd led the powers that be to say "Hey, let's run it back!"

If only fans got NIL, we could buy out this contract.

I spend an absolutely silly amount of time and money on Syracuse football and basketball for a 25 year old who didn’t go to undergrad at the school and they just consistently piss in my face.

It’s basically in my blood so I’m never going to stop supporting but at some point I’m an idiot for getting mad at decisions like this because I’m going to keep coming back regardless.

i would so much rather drive 4 hours to Syracuse for a game than 2 to the Bronx.

Signed, a guy from NJ

Seriously...I was at the Pinstripe. I cannot imagine what about that overflow crowd led the powers that be to say "Hey, let's run it back!"
Amen. I’m soooo over the Yankee Stadium experience. It’s a bland corporate masusoluem that’s like navigating the 7th circle of hell to get to.

Signed, a guy from NJ

I have a thought on that but it’s just conjecture. They helped get us out of the Fenway Bowl if you follow what I’m getting at.

SU just announced that because we are losing a home game, season ticket holders will get a FREE ticket to a 2023-24 SU basketball game (men's or women's), 2023 football game, or a 2024 Lacrosse game ticket (men's or women's)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom