2024 bowl projections thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 bowl projections thread

Going back to 1990 SU is 8-4 @ BC. Went in 1990, beautiful day, Rob Carpenter went off. blew them out 35-6. It was a SU home game in the second half. 92 all time classic, large SU contingent, both teams were very good, down right cold evening. Marvin took SU 97 yds for the clinching TD if I’m not mistaken.

This is shaping up to be a very meaningful game with some story lines.
Had dinner with Rob Carpenter at a golf outing recently. Very down-to-earth and personable. There were lots of Jets fans there, but seemed he wanted to mostly to talk about Syracuse. It was great to hear him talk about all the guys he played with and how they are still close.

IMG_1367.jpeg

He's worthless on any bowls except the major ones. That's all he ever updates weekly.
Oh yeah he is a moron. Before Ga Tech he didn’t even have us in a bowl and he was projecting 4-5 teams with 5-7 records into bowls.

Last edited:
This thread should be shut down until November. I know some of you think this is gospel, but bowls are determined in November/December.

I think it was Chris Carlson who first suggested Duke’s Mayo Bowl.

it appears the NC teams are down some this season. Geography will always work against us here but early on, this looks like maybe it could happen.

Average high around 48. Does not sound optimal for golf.

Myrtle Beach 3.5 hours away looks a lot better. High around 60 there. i could go,for thst.

Looks like one of the ESPN guys dropped us completely out of his bowl predictions this week. Seems a bit harsh. The other dude has us at Fenway against Memphis. Palm dropped us out too.

Looks like one of the ESPN guys dropped us completely out of his bowl predictions this week. Seems a bit harsh. The other dude has us at Fenway against Memphis. Palm dropped us out too.
We were bowl eligible a couple years back and Palm still had us out of his projections while placing two projected 5-7 teams into his predictions. Not sure what his issue is with us.

My expectations on this season have been lessened but I have little doubt we get to 6 wins. We will be halfway there on Saturday with eight games left to get 3 wins. We will be in a bowl.

We were bowl eligible a couple years back and Palm still had us out of his projections while placing two projected 5-7 teams into his predictions. Not sure what his issue is with us.

My expectations on this season have been lessened but I have little doubt we get to 6 wins. We will be halfway there on Saturday with eight games left to get 3 wins. We will be in a bowl.
CBS hates us because we are ABC/ESPN's property.