2024 bowl projections thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2024 bowl projections thread

Fran knows a big part of recruiting is getting guys drafted and constant exposure on draft night. No way he’s letting someone play if it’s going to possibly hurt their stock unless it’s the playoffs. Just keep winning all the games and playoffs here we come

Fran knows a big part of recruiting is getting guys drafted and constant exposure on draft night. No way he’s letting someone play if it’s going to possibly hurt their stock unless it’s the playoffs. Just keep winning all the games and playoffs here we come
Logically they should sit out even if it's the playoffs if we're being consistent.

IMG_1484.jpeg

My daughter is having her baby shower on December 28 and she wants it to be for the whole family, men included. So of course SU will be bowling on that day and I won't be there in person. Fortunately she promised me that there will be a TV there no matter what. I told her that was not necessary. Her response, "Dad, the TV is for me too." Proud papa moment.

how does that work that ASU is considered a PAC-12 team for bowls? This realignment is ridiculous on all fronts.
For X amount of time, former Pac-12 teams will cover the Pac-12 bowl slots. It's quite possible that some ACC team could play Cal in the Sun Bowl or Holiday Bowl since they are ACC v. Pac-12.

This is setting up as a special year for ACC bowl teams.

Right now, it looks possible ND, Clemson and Miami could make the playoff. Add in FSU’s complete meltdown and the disastrous results for college football teams in North Carolina and there are a lot of bowl slots available for the other ACC schools.

And as mentioned by others, Cal and Stanford are not considered ACC schools by the bowls.

1. Clemson (4-0 ACC, 5-1 overall)

UVA, UL, @VT, @Pitt, The Citadel, USC (rednecks)

projected record 8-0, 11-1

2. Miami (2-0, 6-0)

@UL, FSU, Duke, @GT, WF, syracuse

projected record 8-0, 12-0

3. Pitt (2-0, 6-0)

Syracuse, @SMU, UVA, Clemson, @UL, @BC

projected record 4-4, 8-4

4. SMU (2-0, 5-1)

@Stanford, @Duke, Pitt, BC, @UVa, Cal

projected record 8-0, 11-1

5. Louisville (2-1, 4-2)

UM, @BC, Clemson, @Stanford, Pitt, @Kentucky

projected record 5-3, 7-5

6. Syracuse (2-1, 5-1)

@Pitt, VT, @BC, @Cal, UConn, UM

projected record 6-2, 10-2

7. Virginia (2-1, 4-2)

Clemson, UNC, @Pitt, @ND, SMU, @VT

projected record 3-5, 5-7

8. Georgia Tech (3-2, 5-2)

ND, @VT, UM, NC State, @Georgia

projected record 5-3, 7-5

9. Duke (1-1, 5-1)

FSU, SMU, @UM, @NC State, VT, @WF

projected record 4-4, 8-4

10. Boston College (1-1, 4-2)

@VT, UL, Syracuse, @SMU, UNC, Pitt

projected record 2-6, 5-7

11. Virginia Tech (1-1, 3-3)

BC, GT, syracuse, Clemson, @Duke, UVa

projected record 3-5, 5-7

Comments:

I think it would be good for Syracuse to see Clemson, UM and ND run the table.

it looks very possible SMU could also run the table and finish 8-0 in the ACC and 11-1 overall. That would give the ACC three teams with a 8-0 regular season conference record.

If this happens, I assume the two highest rated would play in the conference championship. If everyone runs the table, that would be Clemson and UM.

But I would think SMU has a good chance for also making the playoff. Expect some heavy lobbying by the SEC to get a team with 2 or 3 losses in before them. It certainly would be good,for,us if the ACC could sneak 3 teams in.

if SMU is shunned, I assume they would get the Gator over us. Not a given though. They are really small and I don’t think they have a great history of traveling. But the Gator has not had us for a long time and I think this star packed, high scoring team would be really attractive to it. And the Pop Tart just took us. Some maybe that counts for something.

Pretty sure the Sun would love SMU if they are available. It looks to me as though Duke is likely headed to the Belk. They haven’t been there since 2012 and they are the only decent team from North Carolina this season.

Maybe Pitt to the Holiday? GT to the Pinstripe and UL to the Military?

If things break the way I think, the ACC is going to have issues filling all its bowl slots and a school like UConn might get a bowl like the Fenway.

ACC bowl slots:

Gator
Pop Tart
Holiday
Sun
Belk
Pinstripe
Military
Fenway
Birmingham
Gasparilla