2024 New York Mets Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2024 New York Mets Thread

We get a somewhat dubious "can't overturn" call at third. Kelenic has a brain freeze on a squeeze play and Laureano overruns, (how often do you see that?) McNeil's tall can of corn to right and we win, despite Sale. Life is good.
I didn't think that call was dubious at all. Didn't look like there was enough to overturn to me, even as a Braves fan.

I didn't think that call was dubious at all. Didn't look like there was enough to overturn to me, even as a Braves fan.
Agree, there was an angle they showed late during the review from behind that appeared to show Vientos got the tag on in time. Great throw by Alvarez might hvae saved the game. The Met pitchers have to do a better job holding the runners close. Diaz completely ignored the runner and the Braves (almost) took advantage.

The Mets finished the game with 3 hits. They did not get a runner in scoring position until the 10th inning and only got one there then because everyone automatically gets a runner in scoring position to start the 10th inning and beyond. Sale was really impressive.

I have to say though that the way he delivers the ball almost ensures he is going to have another severe arm injury. It hurt me to watch the way he throws across his body like he does.

The Mets burned 3 of their best relievers last night, which means we really need the starting pitcher to do deep into the game tonight. Even at his best, Senga tends to do deep in counts a lot and rarely gets into the seventh inning. Given how he looked pitching in Syracuse on Saturday, I think it would be a minor miracle if a) he pitches well and b) he gets through the fifth inning.

I would think the Mets are going to have to come up with a way to cover at least 4 innings after Senga leaves. Would guess Nunez is going to be reserved to cover a couple, at least if the Mets are still in the game.

Would expect to see all three lefty relievers pitch an inning and either Houser or Nunez. Nunez might only pitch if it is close. If so, he might pitch a couple innings.

Hopefully at least one of the banged up outfielders can play tonight. The versatility of McNeil is really helpful in situations like this.

The Mets made a bunch of moves today.

Dedniel Nunez goes on the IL, which is a major loss for a bullpen with a lot of people already out. Eric Orze was called up to replace him.

Eric has a good fastball and a really good spin rate on his curve but has not been able to fully realize his potential to date. The stat nerds love his spin numbers though.

Segna gets activated and Houser gets DFAed.

Without Nunez and Houser, there are slim pickings left in the bullpen. Orze, Diekman, Ottavino and the two lefties named Young. Maybe Maton can pitch two days in a row. Can't imagine Diaz can.

Diekman will probably be the closer again.

I hope the Mets score a lot of runs tonight.

The Mets made a bunch of moves today.

Dedniel Nunez goes on the IL, which is a major loss for a bullpen with a lot of people already out. Eric Orze was called up to replace him.

Eric has a good fastball and a really good spin rate on his curve but has not been able to fully realize his potential to date. The stat nerds love his spin numbers though.

Segna gets activated and Houser gets DFAed.

Without Nunez and Houser, there are slim pickings left in the bullpen. Orze, Diekman, Ottavino and the two lefties named Young. Maybe Maton can pitch two days in a row. Can't imagine Diaz can.

Diekman will probably be the closer again.

I hope the Mets score a lot of runs tonight.

Ugh. I hate it when all your injuries seem to be to the same unit.

Senga pitched well, (2 runs, 9K's in 5 1/3) but left the game with a "left calf strain".

Meanwhile the Mets picked up this guy from the Mariners:

Orze gave up a home run but then got 5 outs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom