2024 NFL Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2024 NFL Thread

Bengals blew that game. Chase earned his PF and it was PI. Bottom line ahead with the ball with six minutes left - Burrow and Taylor need to come up with something to get a drive that ends it.
Oddly as a Bengal fan even though we lost ( and again I think Taylor is the worst coach in the league), I think come December we may be better than the Chiefs. We need to get healthy and get in synch. The Chiefs have trouble stopping the run and their OL is a disaster in pass pro.
anarumo has Mahome's number. He gets frustrated and eventually forces things every time it seems

Not sure if anyone saw the end of Raiders/Ravens, but Lamar was just awful on the final drive.

They have 28 seconds left and no timeouts, down three to get into field goal range. He throws a dump-off over the middle for a 10 yard gain. Lose like 10 precious seconds.

And then on the final play of the game, instead of throwing a Hail Mary, he takes off running. He looks like he has a chance to score with maybe a juke move or two, but decides to lateral it to some random uncoordinated oaf, and the game ends.
This Raiders fan loved it.

It was a penalty but the luck this team gets is truly something else too.
To beat them you can't leave any doubt. A big enough margin that the refs can't help them.

Bengals blew that game. Chase earned his PF and it was PI. Bottom line ahead with the ball with six minutes left - Burrow and Taylor need to come up with something to get a drive that ends it.
Oddly as a Bengal fan even though we lost ( and again I think Taylor is the worst coach in the league), I think come December we may be better than the Chiefs. We need to get healthy and get in synch. The Chiefs have trouble stopping the run and their OL is a disaster in pass pro.
You’re way too hard on Taylor and you were playing without Higgins which doesn’t help. Those other guys are lucky to be on an NFL roster and the Bengals RB’s are awful.

You’re way too hard on Taylor and you were playing without Higgins which doesn’t help. Those other guys are lucky to be on an NFL roster and the Bengals RB’s are awful.
What other guys are lucky to be on an NFL roster? We never play with Higgins eventually you need to adjust.

What other guys are lucky to be on an NFL roster? We never play with Higgins eventually you need to adjust.
Trent Irwin and Iosivas as a 2 and 3 are awful. I’d play Burton more. At least he can get deep. Moss and Brown are Just guys.

It seems as if every week the Chiefs benefit from close calls that go their way. Last week is was the TD catch by the Ravens at the end of the game that would have put the Ravens in position to tie or win. This week an interception by Cinci is nullified by a questionable illegal contact penalty. Followed shortly by a Joe Burrow fumble returned for a TD where he appears to clearly be down . The announcers, Romo & Nance, questioned that one. I swear they seem to be in some sort of NFL protection program.
Both calls were correct.

Shockingly bad penalty by London but Koo still drills it. Amazing how stupid some of these players can be.

Also they scored too early but what a drive.

That’s why you take the points and kick the field goal in the first half on 4th and 4.

Way too many penalties. Not a fan of all the ineligible down field calls.

Defense is getting no pressure and soft.

Hurts forced another throw again rather than play another down.

Saquon is so good in green behind that line, but that drop to seal the game…

I always like to think when watching my favorite teams play football. If I was a fan of the other team, what would I be scared of or not want my team to do.

If I’m a falcons fan with a 90 year old Cousins coming off surgery, I’m thinking, boy I hope they don’t send a bunch guys at him and make him move, he still has his arm though and he can pick apart a zone.

So Fangio sends 4 who have got no pressure all game and watches Cousins pick it apart. Just insanity

I always like to think when watching my favorite teams play football. If I was a fan of the other team, what would I be scared of or not want my team to do.

If I’m a falcons fan with a 90 year old Cousins coming off surgery, I’m thinking, boy I hope they don’t send a bunch guys at him and make him move, he still has his arm though and he can pick apart a zone.

So Fangio sends 4 who have got no pressure all game and watches Cousins pick it apart. Just insanity
This is how the NFL works. "hmmm. what has been working all game long? lets make sure we do the OPPOSITE right here when it matters most!"

I know being a Captain isn't a big deal in the NFL but does it have to be a complete farce? How are these rookie QBs in their first games Captains? Or a guy live Young who is getting benched?

I was thinking "Don't run it twice on 3rd&3". 98% chance of a game ending 1st down.
Then the FG of death.

Took a while but the real David Carr showed up finally

Never change Raiders. The Panthers get the opening kickoff and march right down for a TD. No way in hell I bet them today. Never trust them ever.