2024 NFL Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2024 NFL Thread

Hmmm, think I just might mosey on over to the Cowboys' fan site in a few...
Jerry Jones GIF by SB Nation

Zero idea what Todd Bowles was doing calling timeout for Detroit on 3rd and 4th and long. Moronic clock management.

Hmmm, think I just might mosey on over to the Cowboys' fan site in a few...

Meh personally I’m enjoying this as a Cowboys fan. Bringing in Zimmer along with paying everyone who wants to be paid was dumb. If they make the playoffs this year I’ll be very surprised. Jerry is just as obnoxious as Steinbrenner. Until the old man passes they won’t make a conference championship.

Also this is why I think ppl underrate what our hoops and football programs can do. You don’t need to be the richest gig in town and now that money is in play- I want roster management not roster buying.

Cowboys defense is cooked. Kamara had looked washed for the last 3 years. NFC south might be pretty good with Tampa and NO both with big wins today.

Cowboys defense is cooked. Kamara had looked washed for the last 3 years. NFC south might be pretty good with Tampa and NO both with big wins today.

Zimmer tries the same crap the Ryan Brothers did- it’s too complex and for every game it works you get embarrassed the next two,

Not sure if anyone saw the end of Raiders/Ravens, but Lamar was just awful on the final drive.

They have 28 seconds left and no timeouts, down three to get into field goal range. He throws a dump-off over the middle for a 10 yard gain. Lose like 10 precious seconds.

And then on the final play of the game, instead of throwing a Hail Mary, he takes off running. He looks like he has a chance to score with maybe a juke move or two, but decides to lateral it to some random uncoordinated oaf, and the game ends.

Not sure if anyone saw the end of Raiders/Ravens, but Lamar was just awful on the final drive.

They have 28 seconds left and no timeouts, down three to get into field goal range. He throws a dump-off over the middle for a 10 yard gain. Lose like 10 precious seconds.

And then on the final play of the game, instead of throwing a Hail Mary, he takes off running. He looks like he has a chance to score with maybe a juke move or two, but decides to lateral it to some random uncoordinated oaf, and the game ends.
If Allen pulled the crap jackson does , the pundits would claim he’s the worst Qb in history

It seems as if every week the Chiefs benefit from close calls that go their way. Last week is was the TD catch by the Ravens at the end of the game that would have put the Ravens in position to tie or win. This week an interception by Cinci is nullified by a questionable illegal contact penalty. Followed shortly by a Joe Burrow fumble returned for a TD where he appears to clearly be down . The announcers, Romo & Nance, questioned that one. I swear they seem to be in some sort of NFL protection program.

Even that PI there was definitely a foul

Oh well, Chiefs are smitten by the Gods

The weakest call of the game was the 15 yarder on Chase. The other calls were correct IMO.

It was a penalty but the luck this team gets is truly something else too.

Bengals will be tough the rest of the way. Lots of overreaction to week one like usual.

It seems as if every week the Chiefs benefit from close calls that go their way. Last week is was the TD catch by the Ravens at the end of the game that would have put the Ravens in position to tie or win. This week an interception by Cinci is nullified by a questionable illegal contact penalty. Followed shortly by a Joe Burrow fumble returned for a TD where he appears to clearly be down . The announcers, Romo & Nance, questioned that one. I swear they seem to be in some sort of NFL protection program.
He clearly fumbled, not sure what you were watching

The weakest call of the game was the 15 yarder on Chase. The other calls were correct IMO.
Yeah I get why people are angry with the PI. But the KC player was essentially shoved down for a jump ball. The Cincy players momentum was on top of him. Was def close but I felt like that was correct call.

I think the ref should have kept his flag in his pocket when Chase complained.

That 15-yard penalty effectively ended a promising drive and forced the Bengals to take a field goal.

Also left more time on the clock as a result.

No real issue w the refs. It is just incredible how lucky they are. Mahomes really does have the Brady horseshoe. 3rd&6 with 3:30 left was the game, of course Spags dials up the sack play like it's a game of Madden. Their defense ALWAYS gets that stop and of course the Kicker auto after the completely unnecessary PI.
Don't even care that much since Arrowhead is so grossly overrated as I've been saying for years.

Bengals blew that game. Chase earned his PF and it was PI. Bottom line ahead with the ball with six minutes left - Burrow and Taylor need to come up with something to get a drive that ends it.
Oddly as a Bengal fan even though we lost ( and again I think Taylor is the worst coach in the league), I think come December we may be better than the Chiefs. We need to get healthy and get in synch. The Chiefs have trouble stopping the run and their OL is a disaster in pass pro.