2024 NFL Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2024 NFL Thread

so the police camera footage released by the Miami Dade PD make them look pretty bad. The exact moment where the cops escalated crap is very easy to identify. Cop tells Hill to keep his window down..Hill initially doesn't respond. But then he DOES lower the window part way and cops says " keep it down or else im going to get you out of the car" pause...pause..."as a matter of fact get out of the car." at which point Hill starts to get out of the car but the loser cop grabs him before he can get out of the car himself (mind you its not that easy to get out of a mcclaren...not a humble brag)

the "AS A MATTER OF FACT" was total escalation. Hill did not re-raise the window. he complied at that point. and butt hurt loser punk byotch just decided to escalate. it's clear as day who escalated.
The cop's clearly a meathead on a power trip as expected, but Hill's no angel here. He told the cop not to knock on his window and then put it back up. That was very dumb on Hill's part and what triggered the cop.

The cop's clearly a meathead on a power trip as expected, but Hill's no angel here. He told the cop not to knock on his window and then put it back up. That was very dumb on Hill's part and what triggered the cop.
That’s fine but hill did roll it down and only after he rolled it down did the cop mid sentence change his own stance and decide to escalate. Hill is a known butt hole so his antics initially were not surprising. But this cop was just waiting for his chance to go full ump show

That’s fine but hill did roll it down and only after he rolled it down did the cop mid sentence change his own stance and decide to escalate. Hill is a known butt hole so his antics initially were not surprising. But this cop was just waiting for his chance to go full ump show
That's fair too

Just saw Travis Kelce at the US Open dressed up in Gucci, what a completely bad look that was him. Pretty sure that that Taylor wears the pants in that relationship. I'm sure he is going to get an incredible amount of crap from his NFL buddies. But he is golden now because Greenlaw had that fluke Achilles tear at the beginning of the second half of the super bowl. He is good, but it is better to be good and lucky; I hope he and Taylor live happily ever after.

Matthew McConaughey on the other hand was doing his own thing and looked marvelous.
Now this is salty.

Tua never should have played football again after the last one. It's beyond time for him.

That's two times Tuas body went into a Fencing response. He should really consider retirement, for his long term health...

Let's see we got a star young back who is a little fragile on a short week, let's give him the ball 35 times. Smart guy McDaniel.

I legitimately wouldn’t be stunned if the NFL made the ultimate call on this one.
I was just thinking the same thing. Make the money work. Get him into some front office training position.
Do not let something horrible happen to him again on the field.

I was just thinking the same thing. Make the money work. Get him into some front office training position.
Do not let something horrible happen to him again on the field.
So the league says you can't play. Dolphins say we aren't paying him all that money. Tua sues to play. Wins and league is now off the hook for any future damage?

I sort of think the league is waiting for a test case where they can see "we have done all that we can informing the player that like police and military service reps, there are inherent dangers in playing our sport. We will continue to try and limit those dangers but the player has been informed that one can be severely injured playing our game". In short - you've been warned don't sue me later.

Sucks for Tua, but he was never lasting behind that Dolphin line. That wasn't even that big of a hit and should have been a relatively easy place to slide.

We've come a long way from the NFL of the 90's where it seemed like Steve Young and Troy Aikman were getting concussed multiple times a year(I know that is what forced Young into retirement).

Tua never should have played football again after the last one. It's beyond time for him.

The first step to me has to take a at least a full year off the field, perhaps two...not just from game playing, but really any physical contact. Perhaps he doesn't need to call it a caree... maybe he does.

Sidney Crosby had severe concussion issues and largely didn't play for 15 months (back in 2011 and 2012), and it seemed to help him battle the issue moving forward for the past 12 years.

I legitimately wouldn’t be stunned if the NFL made the ultimate call on this one.
Then they're kind of saying the quiet part out loud... I feel weird saying it because it's a dude's brain on the line but it's a fascinating situation. "Retirement" into a coaching or FO position seems like the way to go. Pay him most of his guaranteed money and figure it out. They can afford it.

Sucks for Tua, but he was never lasting behind that Dolphin line. That wasn't even that big of a hit and should have been a relatively easy place to slide.

We've come a long way from the NFL of the 90's where it seemed like Steve Young and Troy Aikman were getting concussed multiple times a year(I know that is what forced Young into retirement).

One of smart things the Saints did when they had Brees was always invest in the O-line especially the interior spots. It's easier to avoid pressure as a QB when you see it coming off the edge rather than up the middle. Dolphins got Tua the WR help but never the O-line

One of smart things the Saints did when they had Brees was always invest in the O-line especially the interior spots. It's easier to avoid pressure as a QB when you see it coming off the edge rather than up the middle. Dolphins got Tua the WR help but never the O-line

All very fair points.

However, the day was always coming. Tua doesn't slide enough. That very play, as 0307 noted, that's an easy slide. You got the first down already and he took the hit willingly.

Makes no sense - but even a GREAT offensive line can't save you from yourself.

All very fair points.

However, the day was always coming. Tua doesn't slide enough. That very play, as 0307 noted, that's an easy slide. You got the first down already and he took the hit willingly.

Makes no sense - but even a GREAT offensive line can't save you from yourself.

Yep he absolutely has to slide there

Yep he absolutely has to slide there
He’s not sure that it’s a first if he slides. It’s down from the moment he begins the slide so in his head he wants to leave no doubt.

The first step to me has to take a at least a full year off the field, perhaps two...not just from game playing, but really any physical contact. Perhaps he doesn't need to call it a caree... maybe he does.

Sidney Crosby had severe concussion issues and largely didn't play for 15 months (back in 2011 and 2012), and it seemed to help him battle the issue moving forward for the past 12 years.
We’ll never know but had the criminal dolphins not denied his initial concussion vs Buffalo (and instead called it a “back” problem) and immediately sat him for multiple weeks to give his brain time to recover, he might be in a very different place now

I was told the Dallas defense was elite .

All those who didn’t understand the Carolina / bolts line. You were right