2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

They don’t want them to take them to the ground which is where a lot of injuries happen. It’s Difficult to prevent the non contact leg injuries which are going to happen but can try to limit the contact injuries that occur with tackling to the ground.

Edit- agree they prob should wrap up a little more but also a slippery slope when going full speed then trying to slow down and go half speed and wrap up.
OK. I guess that makes sense?

My understanding is Bellamy has a pretty big lead over other guys for cb1. Buxton is a name I am surprised keeps coming up as someone to keep an eye on.
Yeah Bellamy started 7 games for us last year so I find it hard to believe he won't be playing a lot. Grant has so much potential with his size and he had like 6 pics and couple pic sixes last year or something, all be it at safety. And Lewis started 2 games each of the past 2 years at ND and started every game in his freshman season. No way all of those guys don't see a lot of PT.

My understanding is Bellamy has a pretty big lead over other guys for cb1. Buxton is a name I am surprised keeps coming up as someone to keep an eye on.
I thought I saw yesterday someone say they moved buxton to safety.

I thought I saw yesterday someone say they moved buxton to safety.

Buxton has been working at strong safety. Word is Buxton has been running with the 2's behind Cinco at strong safety for most of the summer.

We have 23 DB's, 17 scholarship plyers and 6 walk-ons. Many of these guys have worked at both corner and safety. Some DB's have also been looked at at WR. The coaches are trying to find the best fit for the player and for the team.

From what I am hearing all five positions in the secondary have a different role and responsibility.
  • The corners are not interchangeable. One is a boundary-corner and one is a field-corner.
  • The three safeties have different roles and responsibilities. We have the Star position, a strong safety and a free safety.

The 4-2-5 is a new system with a lot to learn.

The first game is just over three weeks away. There will be three scrimmages (Aug 10, 17 and 24) to help coaches and players determine who will be on the field against Ohio on the 31st.

Go Orange - stay healthy.

Buxton has been working at strong safety. Word is Buxton has been running with the 2's behind Cinco at strong safety for most of the summer.

We have 23 DB's, 17 scholarship plyers and 6 walk-ons. Many of these guys have worked at both corner and safety. Some DB's have also been looked at at WR. The coaches are trying to find the best fit for the player and for the team.

From what I am hearing all five positions in the secondary have a different role and responsibility.
  • The corners are not interchangeable. One is a boundary-corner and one is a field-corner.
  • The three safeties have different roles and responsibilities. We have the Star position, a strong safety and a free safety.

The first game is just over three weeks away. There will be three scrimmages (Aug 10, 17 and 24) to help coaches and players determine who will be on the field against Ohio on the 31st.

Great stuff! Thanks for the information.

Great stuff! Thanks for the information.
Agree. Sounds like a complicated defense. Hope this won’t take players a year to re-set and learn. In White’s 3/3/5 we were aggressive and ran to the ball, hope this is the same in that respect.

Great insight on roles and responsibilities for the DBs.

I really hope they don’t scrimmage on the 24th! If it is a scrimmage I hope it’s controlled and not a full blown team v team as we need guys healthy and fresh from the get go. But then again the coaches definitely know and understand the make up of the team.

In my view point from listening to Fran and the rest of the coaches, this team is going to play multiple guys at each and every position besides probably QB in a blow out. Lots of rotation amongst the defensive line and maybe the oline (although i don’t think I know of a team whose rotated 7-8 consistently thru). Oline is all about cohesion and communication.

Game 1 will be awesome to see. The team can make a statement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom