2024 Seating Changes

That’s because 103 is 450 a seat this year

Directly across the aisle in 104 is 250 a sear

The value just isn’t there
1000000500.jpg

That’s because 103 is 450 a seat this year

Directly across the aisle in 104 is 250 a sear

The value just isn’t there
Su overpriced the lower bowl home sidelines by a lot. I cant imagine paying 450 to sit on the 5 or 10 yard line. I used to pay about that for much better seats behind su bench down low. Now, Im paying (overpaying) even more than that for far worse seats much further down the sideline thsn I had. SMH

Su overpriced the lower bowl home sidelines by a lot. I cant imagine paying 450 to sit on the 5 or 10 yard line. I used to pay about that for much better seats behind su bench down low. Now, Im paying (overpaying) even more than that for far worse seats much further down the sideline thsn I had. SMH
Every single SU fan has been lucky that prices have essentially stayed the same for the last 20 years. No other program in college football was as cheap as SU was for STs.

Every single SU fan has been lucky that prices have essentially stayed the same for the last 20 years. No other program in college football was as cheap as SU was for STs.
The program has had like five winning records in the last twenty years. Only two winning records in the last ten seasons. And only ranked once in the top 20 at the end of the season in the same time frame.

I think the school is lucky that the fans are buying tickets. You couldn't justify charging a premium for an inferior product.

If you’re gonna raise prices you have to phase it in over a few seasons. The lack of more varied pricing tiers greatly magnifies the problem. The price jump between any tier should not be more than $50. You’ll still have your expensive seats but fans will be more willing to make small upgrades to move around a bit. Can someone please explain the SU sales logic because it is predictably backfiring.

hopefully fans will slide over after a few games to fill those holes on tv when they recognize nobody is sitting at the 50-yard line.

I would look at it the other way: SU is lucky fans bought tickets at any price when the product was garbage for many of those 20 years.

And I will say this: with the increased prices fans are now paying, it will be a short leash. Fans won't pay these prices moving forward if the team isn't good. The novelty of the "new seats" will go away really fast.

I would look at it the other way: SU is lucky fans bought tickets at any price when the product was garbage for many of those 20 years.

And I will say this: with the increased prices fans are now paying, it will be a short leash. Fans won't pay these prices moving forward if the team isn't good. The novelty of the "new seats" will go away really fast.
Yep. I concur, all of us on this board have been all in over 2 decades of mostly bad to awful football. I travel 4 hours each way, and spend hundreds of dollars each trip between gas, tailgate supplies etc.

I think we have all fought the good fight all along and happily done so. I have no problem with ppl expressing when they are less than thrilled with the tix pricing or where they ended up location wise after putting in so much for so long for a mostly bad product far too many seasons.

This whole process has been a sham/fiasco from the start. And I have receipts.
- I knew my old seats were taken before I picked. Thanks to a screen shot sent to me.
- l huddled with my friends who sit with me and we decided when it was my turn to,pick that I would pick extras so we could all sit together, knowing our old seats were gone . They didn’t pick until late in the process. I picked enough seats for all of us and had to change sections
- Fast forward to this last week. Their turn comes up for seat selection
- Nothing available, like we knew was going to happen. Nothing comparable. They ask for their money back.
- Rep says not so fast. Give us a few days and we will get back to you.
- Rep gets back to them, and lo and behold. Their old 4 seats are offered to them, after not being shown available for the last month!!
GMAFB!

- I knew my old seats were taken before I picked. Thanks to a screen shot sent to me.
- l huddled with my friends who sit with me and we decided when it was my turn to,pick that I would pick extras so we could all sit together, knowing our old seats were gone . They didn’t pick until late in the process. I picked enough seats for all of us and had to change sections
- Nothing available, like we knew was going to happen. Nothing comparable. They ask for their money back.
- Rep gets back to them, and lo and behold. Their old 4 seats are offered to them, after not being shown available for the last month!!
GMAFB!
Wow. But, not a surprise.

GMAFB
Wow. Just wow. When they put Single Game Tickets for sale, if people start seeing their old season tickets they couldn't get during this process because they weren't made available, you are going to see outrage.

I know SU can re-classify seats at their leisure and displace fans if they move the student section or visiting team seating to a new area and various stuff like that. But this isn't that, this is displacing season ticket holders without telling them they never had a chance to renew at their spot because those tickets weren't going to be made available. To not disclose that up front and keep that quiet, just wow! That is a shady business practice right there.

Who are you comparing to? A few years ago I looked at similar programs in the ACC and we were higher than a few.

Wow. Just wow. When they put Single Game Tickets for sale, if people start seeing their old season tickets they couldn't get during this process because they weren't made available, you are going to see outrage.

I know SU can re-classify seats at their leisure and displace fans if they move the student section or visiting team seating to a new area and various stuff like that. But this isn't that, this is displacing season ticket holders without telling them they never had a chance to renew at their spot because those tickets weren't going to be made available. To not disclose that up front and keep that quiet, just wow! That is a shady business practice right there.
This scenerio would be really, really bad if it were to happen

GMAFB!
but that was known as well in many cases. They always held back seats so that had some in sections for the other deals they offer. its why you should always call if you can't find things online. Even before there were seats in the STH sections being held until after week 1-2 that if you called you could get as a one off but you couldn't buy it online as a single game.

And getting all the angst, they made it clear getting to pick early was a perk you had to pay up for. It was a onetime sunk cost. Moving from 8 to 7 or 7 to 6 and jumping 1500+ people was a few hundred dollars.
Everyone had a low cost chance to game up the system. Some did, some didn't. Now if you had to have a certain seat was there value in jumping up to level 5? Thats a decision people had to justify and decide if they spent the money and didnt get that special seat.

What was the alternative to the process? You could have done a flat renewal and told several thousand they had to find something else after that? that would have pissed far more off, I think. I don't think there was any system that was going to please more than 75% or so.

And if they didn't modify the pricing now, when were they going to do it? If they wait and phase it in people would have had even less choice going forward.

Re-pricing was fine, the price points perhaps too steep. But in the bigger scope they now have options for people and spots for people to jump in, in locations that might not have come up for years.

Maybe we don't fill the 103 and leave a hole, But a newbie can get a 5-6 seat group in there now that may have never gotten that chance in the 100 bowl for many years in the old system.

This scenerio would be really, really bad if it were to happen
how would you control the seating process differently. They have X in a section for STH and Y in some sections for the multi game packs. they couldn't do some of that before because they seats were long gone. Now they can and if a random group calls and asks maybe they decide to open up a few more. Its the same in many big venues.

I'm just skimming this thread, War and Peace is easier to digest. But wasn't the first thing out of SU's mouth was treat this as a new facility, your old seats no longer exist?

I'm just skimming this thread, War and Peace is easier to digest. But wasn't the first thing out of SU's mouth was treat this as a new facility, your old seats no longer exist?
Yup. Pretty much the deal. The only thing people could control is buying up into the process to get a better draft pick.

Like going to a movie last minute or going 30-60 min early back in the old days of non-reserved seating.

They did, but this is a letter of the law vs spirit of the law debate. I think someone sitting in a random 300 level in Row E wouldn't expect his seat to be re-classified and not be available when it was his turn in line, or at least would have liked to have been told that upfront. And then to hear some people picking after him calling in because they are upset and seats in that same general area are given to them as an option while others in that general area beforehand aren't able to obtain them because they followed the process and used the website like they were directed to, it's shady. That's all.

And then if people in a few weeks look online for single game tickets and see the seats they wanted for sale, its just gonna come off as shady. Nobody is saying SU did anything wrong per se, but lets call it what it is. SHADY!

Like the University said from the start. ”Your seats” are no longer. They don’t exist. I’m not sure how much clearer they can say it.
Fine. But when you see your old seats are gone , you pick others, and then they magically appear when you can see from their own map that they aren’t available is underhanded

Fine. But when you see your old seats are gone , you pick others, and then they magically appear when you can see from their own map that they aren’t available is underhanded
Could have easily been talking to a client who had priority before you, and asked to hold the seats for a few days, then wasn't getting back to them. It doesn't make a ton of sense for them to hold seats back during an STH reseating process.

Could have easily been talking to a client who had priority before you, and asked to hold the seats for a few days, then wasn't getting back to them. It doesn't make a ton of sense for them to hold seats back during an STH reseating process.
They were gone the whole time, not just a couple of days. Weeks. Even before my day came to pick. Then when my friend wanted his money back, they magically appeared as available

They have always held back seats. Its possible in this new world they held back different rows until some new threshold was met to open it up. like in the old days where the upperdeck row like P thru T could not be bought until some number below it was open.

The part that made this harder was that we cant review the dome in real time to see things open. As a STH they could have let those who are done go back and see things.. Maybe some would change their mind or buy more or whatever but they dont make it easy for what ever reason. They also didnt make it clear what they were holding back.