2024 Seating Changes | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

From presale today for opener. Quickly looked at Stamford + Ga Tech and only noticeable difference was it appears the upperdeck above visitor section in corner is blocked off for both of those games (open for Ohio below). Other than that, looks similar.

View attachment 242619

Where did you see that? If you had wanted could you have purchased tickets?

Just got my tickets. 117 row O. Pretty happy overall considering how late I chose my seats. Almost went to 300s for first time because there were some great options but couldn’t pass up lower on the 30. Easy to use map and everything too. Pretty pleased
I ended up in 319 which is fine as I like the upper deck. A season ticket holder years ago that used to drive up from NYC then the kids took over . I’m back now.

Where did you see that? If you had wanted could you have purchased tickets?
Yes. Pre sale for Legends Society. Though I never got advanced warning so who knows. Said it’s July 2-14. Granted I don’t need any more tickets so I imagine it’s more of a courtesy than really selling many more tickets.

Just got my tickets. 117 row O. Pretty happy overall considering how late I chose my seats. Almost went to 300s for first time because there were some great options but couldn’t pass up lower on the 30. Easy to use map and everything too. Pretty pleased
We sat in 117 last five years. Love that section. Those are great seats.

Thats a pretty good start to seasons.. Hard to know how many are blocked for the special game packages but we have sold a nice amount of those in the past.

It is interesting the tickets that show up for the Stanford game vs the others. Something is up for that game

From presale today for opener. Quickly looked at Stamford + Ga Tech and only noticeable difference was it appears the upperdeck above visitor section in corner is blocked off for both of those games (open for Ohio below). Other than that, looks similar.

View attachment 242619
My goodness I didn’t realize the students also have the upper section. That’s going to be empty for the 1st half on most games.

Stanford has a lot of alumni in the BOS-WASH. We are their first ACC game. I'd imagine they'll travel well.
I went back and looked again. Looks like Ohio and Uconn -- they have the entire corner available, along with the rest of that endzone. For all the ACC games and Holy Cross (which is parents weekend), they blocked off the entire upper corner and the rest of the end zone. So likely for a combination of selling more visiting tickets PLUS some kind of packages I imagine.

My goodness I didn’t realize the students also have the upper section. That’s going to be empty for the 1st half on most games.
Also keep in mind it's individual seats so they wont be cramming in like they did before. It forces them to space out a bit, which I hope is good? But agree, they need to have some initiatives to get them to be there for the whole game. Rewards etc. With technology, easy to do.

Thank you for sharing!

Is it just me or does it seem like we're doing substantially better in terms of STH numbers this year?

Or perhaps, they block off a lot of seats for single game tix only?

They'll block of tix for

single games
packages
group tickets
discount tix
etc

Feels like momentum is there, but still have plenty of time before 8/31

Or the second half. The students are very mercurial these days. With social media and texting, they know the instant some of their friends leave and they leave too. It annoyed me when my daughter was at SU a couple of years ago. She would text me to say she was leaving at halftime because ask of her friends were going to a party. I was always like, "if it's a worthy party, it will still be rocking after the game!"
KIDS TODAY, I TELL YA!

Campus Project Phase III: Kegs installed in the bleachers
Kegs don't move the students nowadays. X, moly, weed. That moves the needle. Put in a dj booth and a foam machine at the top of the student section and you've got something. A good dj can time the drop right before the snap of a big 4th down play.

Kegs don't move the students nowadays. X, moly, weed. That moves the needle. Put in a dj booth and a foam machine at the top of the student section and you've got something. A good dj can time the drop right before the snap of a big 4th down play.
They tried the DJ thing before. Obviously I wasn’t the target demo, but it seemed like a waste to me.

They tried the DJ thing before. Obviously I wasn’t the target demo, but it seemed like a waste to me.
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

Also keep in mind it's individual seats so they wont be cramming in like they did before. It forces them to space out a bit, which I hope is good? But agree, they need to have some initiatives to get them to be there for the whole game. Rewards etc. With technology, easy to do.
Ehhhh, they usually stand so I doubt individual seats makes any difference.

If you re-read my full post, you might see I was suggesting something a little more extreme than a dj.

... and it was completely un-serious.

Ehhhh, they usually stand so I doubt individual seats makes any difference.
but they didnt stand all game for most of them. They would sit and stand and sit and stand for sure.

Now there will be no control over it and no stomping on the metal so you may well endup with extra people in a row and no place to stand.

Unless the school applies some order to the process which will be hard to do.