2024 Seating Changes | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Sat with David and his dad, local radio personality “Stereo” Steve Becker at an Orange United event a few months ago. Good people and Steve had some great stories!

Now I see the resemblance.

Another trick if having problems loading is go to "incongnito". I just did that on my Mac when I had trouble getting into gmail on chrome.
My desktop does not seem to work loading the tutorial and the sample seating map, so I did it also "incongnito"
So worked on both devices that way.
How do you get to the tutorial?

My time slot is Friday morning, I have 3 seats I'm hoping to get in our original spot which I'm thinking may be a difficult task. Plan b is getting 2 together and 1 close by.

I'll be glad when this process is over as I'm sure most everyone else will be.
I think you will be fine. Good luck. It is a relief when you’re done.

Was able to get the four seats I have had in 210 / Row A for the past 25+ years. Hope you got yours Kelly.
I had to move over a section to 212, my original 3 were in 213 seats 3, 4, & 5 but 5 was already gone. Seats 1 through 4 were available but it wouldn't let me leave a single seat so I had to move. I apologize if I took another syracusefan's seats but I didn't have a choice.

There are plenty of row A seats in the 200 level available today

I had to move over a section to 212, my original 3 were in 213 seats 3, 4, & 5 but 5 was already gone. Seats 1 through 4 were available but it wouldn't let me leave a single seat so I had to move. I apologize if I took another syracusefan's seats but I didn't have a choice.

There are plenty of row A seats in the 200 level available today
Exactly what I said about 50 pages ago because they are just letting the process play out. Someone had to change sections and someone behind them gets the seats they would take because of the no seat left behind rule. Not a bad thing in this huge jig saw puzzle. but if they were working with people manually some of this could be adjusted by simple slide, some of it couldn't the new gaps could be in some strange places when this is all said and done.

But a week from now that same move might be 2-3 sections as people fill in more

Exactly what I said about 50 pages ago because they are just letting the process play out. Someone had to change sections and someone behind them gets the seats they would take because of the no seat left behind rule. Not a bad thing in this huge jig saw puzzle. but if they were working with people manually some of this could be adjusted by simple slide, some of it couldn't the new gaps could be in some strange places when this is all said and done.

But a week from now that same move might be 2-3 sections as people fill in more

Once again, if I picked seats and Syracuse “slid” me to accommodate someone else who was picking after me, I would be pretty pissed tbh

Totally agree. I think people take things a bit too far when they talk about their old seats etc but once you pick, those exact seats should be yours.
So when you go to a movie and you pick seat 4 and and have 3 seats and either side and a group of 4 come in do you move over or just say tough noogies.

This is a one time pick the seat process. if you pick 3-4-5 and 6-7 are empty does sliding 1 seat matter all that much?

Thats far different than picking the aisle location or being asked to move rows.

And again. You never own the seat. They always have the right to adjust your seat or take it away.

So when you go to a movie and you pick seat 4 and and have 3 seats and either side and a group of 4 come in do you move over or just say tough noogies.

This is a one time pick the seat process. if you pick 3-4-5 and 6-7 are empty does sliding 1 seat matter all that much?

Thats far different than picking the aisle location or being asked to move rows.

And again. You never own the seat. They always have the right to adjust your seat or take it away.
That's a whole other topic, but honestly I can't stand how theatres make you pick the exact seat now. I always based where I sit in a movie theatre in direct correlation to how annoying the seat neighbors happen to appear.

I'm on deck for selection at 1pm. SU sent me an email reminder this morning along with a step-by-step brochure describing the process. I just might be able to pull this off without the humiliation of asking my (millennial) rep for digital babysitting. ;)
I am on today as well.. Looked thru the Doc

I was wondering if the time is off by 2 min or just opens 2 min early?

That's a whole other topic, but honestly I can't stand how theatres make you pick the exact seat now. I always based where I sit in a movie theatre in direct correlation to how annoying the seat neighbors happen to appear.
yup. The old days of showing up with a group and you had to sit in the front row or spread out all over. Now you pick them before you leave and decide if you want to show up.

I am on today as well.. Looked thru the Doc

I was wondering if the time is off by 2 min or just opens 2 min early?
Consigliere said the slot will open 5 minutes before your select time, with the caveat that you won't be able to put seats in your shopping cart until after the allotted select time (according to their clock).

Reading the help guide. If someone had never purchased parking before how would they know what code to pick? I dont see any map linked?

Reading the help guide. If someone had never purchased parking before how would they know what code to pick? I dont see any map linked?
Go to the parking link in your reminder email. The lots are color coded .. yellow is most expensive and Fine Mess where I park is tinted orange/red. It's a no-brainer. Even I can't f this up.

Last edited:

Well considering we’re doing renewals, most if not all have purchased parking before……….