2024 Seating Changes | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I'm not a lawyer, but couldn't someone pursue legal means and jam up the process.
What would the grounds be for suing Syracuse University & Ticketmaster?

We all purchased “General Admission“ tickets for the 2024 season and were told in writing that we would be selecting “new seats” based upon our donor rank.

Our seats from last season no longer existed after the new seats were installed and no one was guaranteed a seat in the exact same location as last season.

Be thankful you are not a Buffalo Bill’s season ticket holder. The Bills are refusing to disclose the cost of a season ticket or Personal Seat License (PSL) until the fan attends a Bills Experience meeting. Fans who have attended the event have reported to the Buffalo News that the PSL for seats in the new stadium range from $10,000 and $50,000 per seat. The PSL is on top of the cost of a season ticket.

technically were all new season ticket holders since we're choosing seats :)
I have heard what your asking but with new coaching staff there is usually a bump of some kind.
You wouldn’t know by looking at the seating charts so far.

Could have easily been talking to a client who had priority before you, and asked to hold the seats for a few days, then wasn't getting back to them. It doesn't make a ton of sense for them to hold seats back during an STH reseating process.
Or maybe the folks who grabbed those seats called SU and moved them to a higher priced section?

Apologies for asking again, but has anyone heard anything about how STH numbers are looking?
Last I heard, season ticket sales were up significantly from last season.

And there is already talk of a sell out in the home opener. Lots of excitement about the talent bump, the new staff, the new seats and a good home schedule.

G Tech, V Tech and Miami all look to be memorable games.

Fans picking this week will be very surprised to see some great seats still available. If a few of you are picking this week and want to sit together I recommend to pick in a wide open area. Leave a row open below and above your first selection to give your other friends options. Finally make sure all your friends are in agreement of general seating guidelines.

If you are young and money is tight I'd look at the 200 or 300s. As some have stated there is some good value there.

What do you consider key points for seating?

Yard line, side line or end zone view?, or maybe a corner that gives you a little of each?, close to aisle, middle of the row for less up-downs, close to the exit, close to bathrooms, ability to get your group together? Remember there are very few bad seats in the Dome

First Time Season Ticket Holders: In the $200 and under areas there will still be good seats available when you pick if you want to save some $$$. You will also have some opportunities to get great seats between the 30s in the 300s or in few spots in the 100s. For first time high rollers there is still some seats available too. Anyone reading this and wanting the Super Premium Seats, call ASAP to 1-888-Dome-Tix and get personal assistance.

2024_FB_Season_Map_Only.png

SEE PRICING NEXT POST DOWN

Last edited:
Renewals were high, STHs adding new seats was up, and New buyers was in the several thousands. How many does that mean? 20k maybe more? You got like 5-6K reserved for student, Then you add on the game packages and the box seats another 5K as a guess and thats over 30K . If thats a low guess you only have 10K left. if SThs were higher than 20K we are in good shape to get pretty full.

Last I heard, season ticket sales were up significantly from last season.

And there is already talk of a sell out in the home opener. Lots of excitement about the talent bump, the new staff, the new seats and a good home schedule.

G Tech, V Tech and Miami all look to be memorable games.
Fantastic news. Thank you, Tomcat!

Fans picking this week will be very surprised to see some great seats still available. If a few of you are picking this week and want to sit together I recommend to pick in a wide open area. Leave a row open below and above your first selection to give your other friends options. Finally make sure all your friends are in agreement of general seating guidelines.

If you are young and money is tight I'd look at the 200 or 300s. As some have stated there is some good value there.

Yard line, side line or end zone view?, or maybe a corner that gives you a little of each?, close to aisle, middle of the row for less up-downs, close to the exit, close to bathrooms, ability to get your group together? Remember there are very few bad seats in the Dome

First Time Season Ticket Holders: In the $200 and under areas there will still be good seats available when you pick if you want to save some $$$. You will also have some opportunities to get great seats between the 30s in the 300s or in few spots in the 100s. For first time high rollers there is still some seats available too. Anyone reading this and wanting the Super Premium Seats, call ASAP to 1-888-Dome-Tix and get personal assistance.

Great job, TexanMark. (TexanMark - if you saw this before the edit, I apologize for calling you Tomcat in the original post!) You really are a great ambassador for the program.

I will add this, for what it's worth. If you like end zone view (I do), look for the Orange level in the 200's. I believe this is the first four rows. The Olive level is under the third level overhang and, to me, feels a little claustrophobic. You are high enough to see the opposite end of the field, very close to big plays in the end zone, and they are the slightly bigger seats with an armrest.

I was in 327 and displaced by the students this year. I used to have seasons in the 200s back in the late 90's glory days, and gladly grabbed the opportunity to move back into them.

After saying all that, I have no idea how many seat options are still available in the 200s Orange.

Really looking forward to this new era of Syracuse football!

Last edited:

In Sections 210, 211, and 212 there were a lot of seats available in front of the 300 level overhang (Rows D - F) in the middle of the sections.

In Sections 210, 211, and 212 there were a lot of seats available in front of the 300 level overhang (Rows D - F) in the middle of the sections.
How full were those before this season and where did those people go now? Did people move up or price out?

How full were those before this season and where did those people go now? Did people move up or price out?
I have sat in Section 210 for the past 32 seasons. Looking at the seats available in Section 210 on Tuesday (when I was helping a neighbor pick his seats) it was the most season ticket holders I have seen in the section since the Marrone era. I assume most of these season ticket holders moved from the 100 & 300 level in the opposite end zone.

The person who sat to my left in Row A for the past 15+ years moved to Section 210/Row B since his seats were gone two weeks ago. Two other friends who sat to my right in Row A moved to Section 210 / Row D / Seats 10 & 11 (seat 10 was the closest seat to the aisle in Section 210 on Tuesday) and the other person opted for Section 311 / Row A.

This section is a good deal price wise with the first four rows $250 a and the remainder $200. 300 level end zone are an even better deal at $150.

Last edited:
I wonder how the new STH are picking? In order of deposit or maybe pts if they have some from other sports? There will be a good chunk of people in that next wave next week, I don't think they would just all pick at once.

I wonder how the new STH are picking? In order of deposit or maybe pts if they have some from other sports? There will be a good chunk of people in that next wave next week, I don't think they would just all pick at once.

It’s the same process

Donation and longevity pts

Wow. Just wow. When they put Single Game Tickets for sale, if people start seeing their old season tickets they couldn't get during this process because they weren't made available, you are going to see outrage.

I know SU can re-classify seats at their leisure and displace fans if they move the student section or visiting team seating to a new area and various stuff like that. But this isn't that, this is displacing season ticket holders without telling them they never had a chance to renew at their spot because those tickets weren't going to be made available. To not disclose that up front and keep that quiet, just wow! That is a shady business practice right there.

To me, it was incredibly fishy that when we selected our seats, basically all of the aisle seats in the 300's in the endzone were spoken for, unless you looked at the last 5 rows. The fishy part was that it was typically only the two seats closest to the aisle and then the rest of the seats in the row were available. So the only people claiming those aisle seats were in groups of two? Not four? Five? Six? Then I remembered that TicketMaster charges a premium for aisle seating for single game/event tickets and it all started to make sense to me.

Honestly curious - was anyone here able to get aisle seats? Between us and two other groups that I know of that all had aisle seats last year, not one of us were able to get them this year.

To me, it was incredibly fishy that when we selected our seats, basically all of the aisle seats in the 300's in the endzone were spoken for, unless you looked at the last 5 rows. The fishy part was that it was typically only the two seats closest to the aisle and then the rest of the seats in the row were available. So the only people claiming those aisle seats were in groups of two? Not four? Five? Six? Then I remembered that TicketMaster charges a premium for aisle seating for single game/event tickets and it all started to make sense to me.

Honestly curious - was anyone here able to get aisle seats? Between us and two other groups that I know of that all had aisle seats last year, not one of us were able to get them this year.
I got one row of aisle seats in the bottom half of 309. Couldn't get the aisle in our second row.