2024 Winter Workout | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Winter Workout

Excellent interview. Again Fran is a very serious individual. Every interview that I have seen is the same. Zero fluff. No BS. He has been exactly the same in each interview. I thought his comment on OG hanging in his office was very telling.
I'm not surprised that he might have used the term dismissed when discussing Alford because that is what it was.

The team has been working really hard in the winter strength and conditioning program. I was told one player said, "why haven't we been working like this before? I feel like I've wasted the last three years."

You may recall scene from the first video posted in this thread the guys looked like they were running into the weight room. They were. The team lifts Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday, and is broken three groups. Each group gathers in the hallway outside the weightroom and runs to a station when the door is opened for them.

Everyone wears the same type of gray t-shirt with their last name on the back, the same type of shorts, and the same type of team issued black socks.

Players get their jersey number added on their shirt when the coaches/trainers think the player has earned it.

In the weightroom:
  • NO hands on knees - it's a sign of weakness.
  • NO hands on hips - it's a sign of weakness.
  • NO hands over head - it's a sign of weakness.

The MAT drills (capture in the video posted today) started yesterday.

The Work IS The Work and it's all about DART.

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!

Hopefully this extra emphasis in the weight room will help with preventing injuries. I don't need the players being overworked to death, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the team may not have been preparing as well as possible given the one player comment you listed in your comment

Hopefully this extra emphasis in the weight room will help with preventing injuries. I don't need the players being overworked to death, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the team may not have been preparing as well as possible given the one player comment you listed in your comment
I don't think we need to worry about being worked to death now. This is the time to kill it, then you schedule in a recovery phase of S&C to get guys fresh before you get to the grind of the season.

That’s some off field team building.

I wonder how much of this activity is new stuff in comparison to the other regimes.

That’s some off field team building.

I wonder how much of this activity is new stuff in comparison to the other regimes.
I like it. They had to run all over campus and back to south based on insta stories. Hard work now pays off in November.

certainly seems new because we never saw anything get posted like this. They’re definitely opening things up in a way we never saw either. Create some buzz.

I like it. They had to run all over campus and back to south based on insta stories. Hard work now pays off in November.

certainly seems new because we never saw anything get posted like this. They’re definitely opening things up in a way we never saw either. Create some buzz.
Looks like the team is coming together.
Work hard and play hard, hopefully hard work will make some of our Oline leaner and meaner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom