2nd annual College Draft | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2nd annual College Draft

You had the best football portfolio, but had geography problems. I had DOMINANT basketball and geography and really good Football to take the title. I thought you and I were the top 2 last year.
i won last years and it was stamped with approval in reality when delaney moved the b1g right into my NE pod claiming television revenue.

Tornado passed 180 miles to my north...San Antonio is south of tornado alley.

BTW, Alsacs...my attendance was low because you credited Bees with my Illinois...you need to refigure both of our attendances. I knew 58k was too low.

Tornado passed 180 miles to my north...San Antonio is south of tornado alley.

BTW, Alsacs...my attendance was low because you credited Bees with my Illinois...you need to refigure both of our attendances. I knew 58k was too low.
Illinois would lower your attendance and raise his figures if I did that. Illinois only drew 45k last year, but I will check my work over.

Alright I counted only 15 schools for Mark and 17 for Kaiserand divided by 16 for both.
The audit of my results is the same for Bees and Arb, but it has changed to this.
2012 average attendances
Kaiser-67,078
Bees- 65,270
Mark- 61,483
Arb-52,248

Kasier still wins, but its closer for Mark.

bees still wears his "I am RutgersAl' tshirt from that lville game in 06 proudly.

If I had one of those, I would wear it to a tailgate just to freak out any newbies.

Alright I counted only 15 schools for Mark and 17 for Kaiserand divided by 16 for both.
The audit of my results is the same for Bees and Arb, but it has changed to this.
2012 average attendances
Kaiser-67,078
Bees- 65,270
Mark- 61,483
Arb-52,248

Kasier still wins, but its closer for Mark.
Dont forget that stadium capacity is only one measurement...how many fans go to game has been decreasing annually throughout football stadiums. Attendance is only one measure...don't forget eyeballs--for example my east-south division has the most eyeballs and either the best or one of best travel distances to get fans to games.
The west coast for the MWC teams is not a poor as you are all led to believe...BYU and Boise are good and growing...both BYU and Boise have own TV rights for football...and UNLV is building a brand new very large stadium...the other west coast teams are either aces or kingpins in their states: UCLA/Stanford...Oregon St and Washington St...stadium size is not the ultimate factor for selecting the best divisions...insofar as winning teams...3-1 in BCS and losing team is also one of mine and 8-4 in bowls...anyone have a better record...and the BBALL with 2 teams in final four and the national champion...yup BEES you and Kaiser really have the better conferences...I doubt that.

We need one more round where the Commissioners come up with a name for their conference (actual marketable names). Or two rounds if they want to include a funny one . Then the poll function can be used to rank the conferences without introducing bias to voters who didn't follow the thread.

We need one more round where the Commissioners come up with a name for their conference (actual marketable names). Or two rounds if they want to include a funny one . Then the poll function can be used to rank the conferences without introducing bias to voters who didn't follow the thread.
Can we get this done this participants/ board moderators. Next year we need American Idol judges/posters commenting after each pick.

If you want in next year post here and I will put it in my spread sheet. I am going to post the my in-depth analysis soon, and plan I showing where teams went this year compared to last year in it.

I figure whoever the winner is gets an auto-invite, BlackKnight for his maps is in next year. We need co-GMs for teams. I plan on expanding to do 5 teams considering there are 14 ACC, 14 B1G, 14 SEC, 12 Pac-12, 10 Big XII, 10 AAC, 12 MWC teams, plus Notre Dame and BYU. That has 88 teams there and 5 teams times 16 would equal= 80.

For the record my personal top 10 draft board looked this for 2013.

1. Notre Dame
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. Ohio State
5. Alabama
6. Michigan
7. Southern California
8. Florida State
9. Georgia
10. Oklahoma

What say you all what were your top 10 boards. The reason why I ask is because at the top of the draft you want as many brands as possible unless a rivalry game can be preserved and its close in the rankings.

Can we get this done this participants/ board moderators. [?]

I figure whoever the winner is gets an auto-invite, BlackKnight for his maps is in next year. We need co-GMs for teams. I plan on expanding to do 5 teams considering there are 14 ACC, 14 B1G, 14 SEC, 12 Pac-12, 10 Big XII, 10 AAC, 12 MWC teams, plus Notre Dame and BYU. That has 88 teams there and 5 teams times 16 would equal= 80.

I'd keep it as a big 4, since that's the logical end game of conference realignment (looks to be a ways off in real life though).

We could do a second draft to reconfigure the minor conferences (CUSA, MWC, AAC, MAC), then use a relegation system: winner of that draft replaces the last place commish in the next major draft (or top 2 replace bottom 2). Losers of the big-time draft drop to the minor leagues along with 2 or 3 new commish's (more if you use co-commissioners). Wouldn't need 16 rounds - could either do one 9-10 team league or a 12-teamer with smaller divisions.

I'd keep it as a big 4, since that's the logical end game of conference realignment (looks to be a ways off in real life though).

We could do a second draft to reconfigure the minor conferences (CUSA, MWC, AAC, MAC), then use a relegation system: winner of that draft replaces the last place commish in the next major draft (or top 2 replace bottom 2). Losers of the big-time draft drop to the minor leagues along with 2 or 3 new commish's (more if you use co-commissioners). Wouldn't need 16 rounds - could either do one 9-10 team league or a 12-teamer with smaller divisions.
I just want to get more people involved and not make anybody feel this is a good old boy network. Since May-July is mainly dull except the LAX playoffs this type of thing is a fun exercise. I will keep it at 4 then, but any ideas to make it better are appreciated.

I just want to get more people involved and not make anybody feel this is a good old boy network. Since May-July is mainly dull except the LAX playoffs this type of thing is a fun exercise. I will keep it at 4 then, but any ideas to make it better are appreciated.
If many people want to play, you could have multiple groups of four having drafts at the same time. Personally, I have no desire to do the amount of research as our four players this year did to come up with their conferences. I think they all did a great job. Very fun to follow along.

Alsacs, have you thought about playing this game with three other team's boards?
Great idea and I know we have visitors from other boards a lot I know some UNC fans would be interested. UConn fans are decent when they aren't angry about realignment, and I know we have UVA, Ga. Tech, Florida State fans who come by. I would love that idea we would have to have a braintrust for the SU board and I know we got lots of smart people on here.

Great idea and I know we have visitors from other boards a lot I know some UNC fans would be interested. UConn fans are decent when they aren't angry about realignment, and I know we have UVA, Ga. Tech, Florida State fans we come by. I would love that idea We would have to have a braintrust for the SU board and I know we got lots of smart people on here.
Yes, I was thinking you could find a group of people making the decision with one in charge for final decision. Maybe a chatroom for the private discussion. It would be fascinating to see what each fanbase valued for a conference. I don't think you could include a fanbase of a program not sitting at the big boy table at this point, I am looking at you UCONN. It could taint their decision making. Or, maybe it would be an interesting perspective.

For the record my personal top 10 draft board looked this for 2013.

1. Notre Dame
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. Ohio State
5. Alabama
6. Michigan
7. Southern California
8. Florida State
9. Georgia
10. Oklahoma

What say you all what were your top 10 boards. The reason why I ask is because at the top of the draft you want as many brands as possible unless a rivalry game can be preserved and its close in the rankings.

LSU?

Sent using my Commodore 64

UConn fans are decent when they aren't angry about realignment...

[cough]...[cough]...[bu//$#^+]...[cough]...[cough]...[]...

Dont forget that stadium capacity is only one measurement...how many fans go to game has been decreasing annually throughout football stadiums. Attendance is only one measure...don't forget eyeballs--for example my east-south division has the most eyeballs and either the best or one of best travel distances to get fans to games.
The west coast for the MWC teams is not a poor as you are all led to believe...BYU and Boise are good and growing...both BYU and Boise have own TV rights for football...and UNLV is building a brand new very large stadium...the other west coast teams are either aces or kingpins in their states: UCLA/Stanford...Oregon St and Washington St...stadium size is not the ultimate factor for selecting the best divisions...insofar as winning teams...3-1 in BCS and losing team is also one of mine and 8-4 in bowls...anyone have a better record...and the BBALL with 2 teams in final four and the national champion...yup BEES you and Kaiser really have the better conferences...I doubt that.

Just a few points Arb.

1. Stadium capacity isn't the end all, but those with large stadiums have large ones because they have a large fanbase. Teams that have a small one, like SU and several others on your team, are small because they can't sell tickets to support a large one.

2. Eyeballs? You know this as well as anyone. But eyeballs don't have to be watching college football. The rabid fans aren't where your eyeballs are.

3. If your 4 west coast teams were so good, why did you take all 4 with your last 4 picks and nobody else sniffed a one of them? They are all money losers and no better than a Utah.

4. Why do you keep mentioning travel distance as an advantage? Looking at a map? Your's may be the moat difficult. You trumpeted your east teams but SU isn't close to Lville. Your west teams are as west as anyone else.

5. Oregon St and Washington St are kingpins or aces in their states? Does Oregon and Washington know this?

Sent using my Commodore 64