2nd annual College Draft | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2nd annual College Draft

USC??? LOL.

SU made more money than they did. They spend like drunken sailors. Then again, you are a military man.

Texas A&M would have been a nice 5th round pick.

Sent using my Commodore 64
Now thats a picture I could "like a few hundred times"The one on the far right is cheeky. Gotta love that. Way to go Beezy.:eek:

Just thought you all would like some facts on BYU and Boise...two of the teams in what has been scoffed at in my western division:

I don't buy the argument that BYU & BOISE harm my overall conference and western division:

BYU has finished in the top 25 6 times since 2001.

BOISE has finished in the top 15 9 times since 2002.

Tell me Bees and Kaiser...how have your bottom teams done against these two...which you continue to indicate are poor selections?

LSU?

LSU is 11th IMO. Oklahoma has more history, and Georgia/LSU a razor thin margin I just thought the state of GA population and recruiting grounds would make it slightly above LSU even though LSU has been slightly better at football recently. IMO 9, 10, 11 were very close and could be ranked in any order I just have it Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, the top 8 are pretty much locks above them IMO.

I'm thinking TAMU is 12th...
Yes, A&M would have been 12th for me yes. I don't think anybody reached early its just personal preferences and following the criteria. At 9 overall Texas A&M was a good pick and definitely nowhere near a reach they worked well with Texas and protected that rivalry for your conference which would be worth $$$. The Lone Star Showdown was a top 5 football rivalry until this past year. I am spending too much time analyzing this and have asked an outsider who is an expert on realignment for their opinion on the draft.

Yes, A&M would have been 12th for me yes. I don't think anybody reached early its just personal preferences and following the criteria. At 9 overall Texas A&M was a good pick and definitely nowhere near a reach they worked well with Texas and protected that rivalry for your conference which would be worth $$$. The Lone Star Showdown was a top 5 football rivalry until this past year. I am spending too much time analyzing this and have asked an outsider who is an expert on realignment for their opinion on the draft.

There are no experts on realignment.

Just thought you all would like some facts on BYU and Boise...two of the teams in what has been scoffed at in my western division:

I don't buy the argument that BYU & BOISE harm my overall conference and western division:

BYU has finished in the top 25 6 times since 2001.

BOISE has finished in the top 15 9 times since 2002.

Tell me Bees and Kaiser...how have your bottom teams done against these two...which you continue to indicate are poor selections?

That can sometimes happen when you play in a weak league and the record is inflated. Voters are blinded by records sometimes. There has to be a reason Colorado and Utah are in the Pac10 and Boise and BYU aren't.

Btw, Utah has beaten BYU 4 of the past 5 years.

There are no experts on realignment.

it doesnt take an expert to laugh at us for drafting 4 mwc's and leaving boston college & possibly rutgers out of the equation.

id dump minnesota for BC right now. their cache of location, brains and alumni power is overwhelming.

shuffling the pods around wont be an issue.

it doesnt take an expert to laugh at us for drafting 4 mwc's and leaving boston college & possibly rutgers out of the equation.

id dump minnesota for BC right now. their cache of location, brains and alumni power is overwhelming.

shuffling the pods around wont be an issue.

I would've drafted BC late but my POD Geography wasn't there. What I found amazing was Ole Miss was still available with the 64th pick. Flagship, great FB recruiting area, Exc Tailgating and school spirit, rising Hoops program...a steal at 64.

BTW, I was surprised Rutgers didn't get picked but they really do have some pathetic sports programs, scandal and lots of debt

Let me throw this out for discussion: Was Cuse (taken at #44 by Arbs) a steal at #44, about right or taken too soon? IMHO I saw Cuse as a 13th or even a 14th round pick. So I think they were taken a round or two too soon.

Cuse pros: Tradition, National Championships in different sports, Overall sports teams are strong, State Flagship by default, Doesn't carry but can get you into NYC market, Elite Hoops w/elite attendance, FB team plays indoors to overcome some bad weather in October and November

Cuse Cons: Hasn't had sustained excellence in 15 years in FB, FB attendance and culture is mediocre, no IPF and overall facilities are not nationally in the Top 50, Dome is structurally sound but spartan, weather can hurt recruiting, geography can restrict it to only one or two possible leagues, Still some scandal stink from Bernie Fine and NCAA inquiries into Hoops.

mark, Cuse went about as high as they could. no quarells with it. its good that they are grouped with penn st.

but the thing is, you really cant split up the northeast. penn st is a monster, they can easily be grouped with anyone in the midwest or the mid atlantic. one could argue even virginia and then reach into north carolina if need be, but the rest, almost need to be together.

boston almost certainly has to be in someones conf...and also almost certainly you need either Syracuse or rutgers to be with them.

ideally...both.

otherwise you get the mess we have in reality, with b1g in jersey and the ACC in NY & new england.

which of course allows me to point out, for those of you who cant read between the lines...how utterly Fn useless storz is and why they are left out.

I think Kaizer won this fairly convincingly. Pretty much a toss up between the other three.

Anyone going to spill it or are you waiting on Bees and all post at once?

I already named mine. Big Bee's Conference.

mine is simply:

De-generation X...East and West: separated by a continent but together in everyone's heart

Judging by the above, I guess I should name mine..."The Hart Foundation".