48th in the BCS!! | Syracusefan.com

48th in the BCS!!

I wonder where we would be ranked if we beat Rutgirls... 35ish?

Hypothetically if SU finishes 3rd in BE who would they play in a bowl game?

I was wondering the same thing to myself the other day about how the BE Bowls are going to shake out this year.

1. BCS - Probably ACC Champ
2. Charlotte - (I think Champs Sports takes ND this year) ACC's #4
3. NYC - BigXII's 5th or 6th if I recall.

Should be an awesome 2nd half of the season with so many 6-0 teams

While I know a bowl win is great for the seniors and team short term but for the long term it's the extra practice time for the remaining non-senior players for the next year - incredibly important for a school trying to rebuilt it's program.

The goal should be the Belk Bowl in Charlotte or Pinstripe Bowl. Notre Dame unless they win out against USC, and Stanford will not get a BCS bid and will take the Champ Sports Bowl bid. Thus, best case scenario SU finishes 4-3 in the Big East and get to either the Pinstripe Bowl again or get a future conference game in Charlotte against UNC or Miami. We need to finish 1 game ahead of Rutgers to be ahead of them. Right now my Big East power rankings are 1. WVU 2. Cincinnati 3. Rutgers 4. Syracuse 5. UConn 6. South Florida 7. Pittsburgh 8. Louisville. So we would be looking at the Beef O'Brady Bowl if ND steals the Champs Sports or Belk Bowl if we finished 4th. I brought this up before if the Big 12 continues its hot streak they aren't going to be able to fill its bowl slots Missouri is no lock to get to 6 games.

The goal should be the Belk Bowl in Charlotte or Pinstripe Bowl. Notre Dame unless they win out against USC, and Stanford will not get a BCS bid and will take the Champ Sports Bowl bid. Thus, best case scenario SU finishes 4-3 in the Big East and get to either the Pinstripe Bowl again or get a future conference game in Charlotte against UNC or Miami. We need to finish 1 game ahead of Rutgers to be ahead of them. Right now my Big East power rankings are 1. WVU 2. Cincinnati 3. Rutgers 4. Syracuse 5. UConn 6. South Florida 7. Pittsburgh 8. Louisville. So we would be looking at the Beef O'Brady Bowl if ND steals the Champs Sports or Belk Bowl if we finished 4th. I brought this up before if the Big 12 continues its hot streak they aren't going to be able to fill its bowl slots Missouri is no lock to get to 6 games.

What are you counting as the Big East's bowl order? I could be wrong, but I think the order is as follows:

If Champs takes ND (as we both expect) I have the Charlotte Bowl as #2.
Pinstripe Bowl #3
Liberty Bowl #4
Birmingham Bowl #5
St. Pete #6

What are you counting as the Big East's bowl order? I could be wrong, but I think the order is as follows:

If Champs takes ND (as we both expect) I have the Charlotte Bowl as #2.
Pinstripe Bowl #3
Liberty Bowl #4
Birmingham Bowl #5
St. Pete #6
The bowls don't have to follow the standings. I predict most Big East teams will be jumbled together within a game of each other. If that is the case then the bowls can select whomever has 7 wins and is within 1 game of the school they are skipping. Thus, I speaking ideally about wanting either the Pinstripe or Belk bowl. If we get stuck in the Beef Bowl or Birmingham Bowl so be it, but I don't want to think about that yet.

The bowls don't have to follow the standings. I predict most Big East teams will be jumbled together within a game of each other. If that is the case then the bowls can select whomever has 7 wins and is within 1 game of the school they are skipping. Thus, I speaking ideally about wanting either the Pinstripe or Belk bowl. If we get stuck in the Beef Bowl or Birmingham Bowl so be it, but I don't want to think about that yet.

Isn't there some kind of 2 game rule?

Isn't there some kind of 2 game rule?
I believe it is a 1 win rule, but it may be 2 wins I am not sure. Also, don't forget in 2004 when BC left the Big East and lost to SU they were given no help by the Big East Conference in the bowl selection process. However, the Belk Bowl which was the Continental Tire Bowl at that time selected Boston College because the ACC helped BC, and the ACC send North Carolina to fill Bank of America Stadium. If UNC continues on their 7-8 win path the Belk Bowl would want them, and the ACC could ask them again to help out either Pitt or Syracuse out so the Big East doesn't try to screw either.

I thought the rule was set up when a bowl took VT over SU (don't remember the year) even though SU had 2 more wins, including having beaten VT. I think the rule is the bowls follow a pecking order loosely based on the final standing, but they can't take a team that finishes 2 or more wins behind another team. I think that's how it works.

While I know a bowl win is great for the seniors and team short term but for the long term it's the extra practice time for the remaining non-senior players for the next year - incredibly important for a school trying to rebuilt it's program.
Absolutely. I think those extra practices are extremely important for year to year success.

Give me beef or give me death!! :rolling:

Im in the group if that it isn't the BCS just get me back to the Pinstripe

I dont care if we play St John Fisher in a bowl this year just as long we get to one. the extra practice time is critical

at this point, making it to any bowl would be good. making it back to the pinstripe would be great, and making it beyond that would be nuts.

I dont care if we play St John Fisher in a bowl this year just as long we get to one. the extra practice time is critical

Back to back bowls with the practice time will be huge, but where I think it helps even more is recruiting. If potential recruits see that this coaching staff has gone back to back in bowls in only three seasons, it should strengthen interest from better recruits. And that will surely help in landing those better recruits. Add the back to back with the ACC announcement and things really start looking positive for the Orange!

Now onto this facilities issue.....lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom