$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little

He doesn't have to authorize anything. If Tucker wanted it he could've had it.
Good to know. I thought the families that previously wore it needed to authorize.

He doesn't have to authorize anything. If Tucker wanted it he could've had it.
This is true, but a year after he wanted it and then decided to make 34 his brand.

Not a disagreement, just some more context. I think by the time it was offered the ship had sailed unfortunately.

If we were referring to the same person and that’s who donated, yes. I never confirmed it was the same person but the timing is highly coincidental to something I was told.

If you're not comfortable sharing, I understand, but just curious how a gift to SU would hurt UConn.

This is true, but a year after he wanted it and then decided to make 34 his brand.

Not a disagreement, just some more context. I think by the time it was offered the ship had sailed unfortunately.

He's starting a new tradition.

Though I would love if he wore 44 for his final home game.

Educated guess...Robert Burton stops giving money to UConn(assuming he still does) and starts giving to us. Could definitely be wrong and don't want to put words in people's mouths.
His son played FB at SU. Other son played at UConn. Is from CT.

Robert reportedly asked for a $3M donation back from UConn about a decade ago:

I believe he ended up giving this money to the school. But I cannot imagine he'd be happy with where the program is now.

His son who played at SU, Joe, was a mentor of mine when I was a young kid in Strength In Motion. He was really cool looking back at it.

Would consistently get back to me. And as I’m older I have more perspective… a college kid with a teenager pestering him getting back consistently with good advice. I still have the emails actually. Really cool.

His son who played at SU, Joe, was a mentor of mine when I was a young kid in Strength In Motion. He was really cool looking back at it.

Would consistently get back to me. And as I’m older I have more perspective… a college kid with a teenager pestering him getting back consistently with good advice. I still have the emails actually. Really cool.
Wonder what Gerber from Strength In Motion is doing now? I think he moved.

Wonder what Gerber from Strength In Motion is doing now? I think he moved.
He was in Montana for awhile with the Grizzlies… Not sure lately though.

I was with him and Coach Parker back in the old Fayetteville Mall days.

He was in Montana for awhile with the Grizzlies… Not sure lately though.

I was with him and Coach Parker back in the old Fayetteville Mall days.
My son went there too with them and I think they moved to Onondaga Hill at some point that he went to also. I can’t remember if Onondaga Hill was the latter one or not.

If we were referring to the same person and that’s who donated, yes. I never confirmed it was the same person but the timing is highly coincidental to something I was told.
Burton back in the fold?

Last edited:
1668723026915.png

?

Anyone know when this thing is expected to be done?
Phase 1 is underway. Additional phases will be announced as funding is raised. My understanding is that additional phases must be fully funded before they are officially announced/underway. As you may know, the Lally Complex will be fully funded by private donations.

Here is a link to joining the Legends Society, the vehicle that is funding this project, and others for Syracuse athletics. Donors make a commitment of 25k or more, with donations paid over a period of up to 5 years.

Legends Society