50th Consecutive Winning Season !! | Syracusefan.com

50th Consecutive Winning Season !!

Dont fully understand why this is such an important thing to some followers of the program. It seems to ring pretty hollow when the program isn’t even confidently getting into the NCAAs on a regular basis anymore.

Dont fully understand why this is such an important thing to some followers of the program. It seems to ring pretty hollow when the program isn’t even confidently getting into the NCAAs on a regular basis anymore.
Of course .500 seasons is not the goal -and it's not like winning the ACC or Nat Championship-
Important b/c the record for consecutive winning seasons is a tribute to the SU hoops program.
The record will reflect program excellence, and I want SU to hold records in every possible category!
Yes, to this fan everything positivie for the SU hoops program IS important.
Any program would celebrate the consecutive winning seasons record.
Let's bump UCLA out of there! SU should get the record then keep adding to it.

Yeah, really long streaks are kinda meaningless, no?
:rolleyes:

If it was easy, everybody would do it.
It’s not.
Which is why they don’t.

Was Cal Ripken playing his best ball towards the end of his streak?
How about guys like Brett Farve or Eli Manning?

Assuming they don't get in, they will have appeared in 7 NCAA's, 2 NIT's, and 1 post season ban the last ten years. That includes two final fours, one regional final, and one sweet sixteen.
The ten years before that, 7 NCAA appearances.

Such a drop off from the 80's and 90's when it was 8 in both decades.

I think DC said it best.

With this team and the way the year started, it's definitely positive by itself. And if you can't comprehend 50 years without a losing season, you just can't see beyond your own bias.

We are the Eli Manning of elite college basketball schools

Assuming they don't get in, they will have appeared in 7 NCAA's, 2 NIT's, and 1 post season ban the last ten years. That includes two final fours, one regional final, and one sweet sixteen.
The ten years before that, 7 NCAA appearances.

Such a drop off from the 80's and 90's when it was 8 in both decades.

I think DC said it best.

Spoiled fanbase

We used to have one of the fastest flashiest cars on the block. the over .500 thing to me just means that rusty clunker now barely gets you to the store and back. we gave up our porsche for a pinto. and the AARP drivers discount reaction time has definitely slowed.shoot he's had the left turn signal on last couple hundred miles.

We used to have one of the fastest flashiest cars on the block. the over .500 thing to me just means that rusty clunker now barely gets you to the store and back. we gave up our porsche for a pinto. and the AARP drivers discount reaction time has definitely slowed.shoot he's had the left turn signal on last couple hundred miles.

All it means is that the worst season this team has had under JB is likely a 5th place finish in the ACC, between 17 and 2something wins.

Your routine is tiresome and played out.

I hate Boeheim...yada. Yada. Yada.

Your routine is tiresome and played out.
like the bald tires we run these days . no tread left just bare cords slapping the road all the way to the NIT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom