• It's okay

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Never seen

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghost

Gentleman of the Night
I was going to post in OE's thread, but I didn't want to hijack it.

Anyone else absolutely loathe 'A Christmas Story?' It seems like 99% of the population loves the film, but I hated it as a kid, and hate it more now.

Since I'm going to be stuck watching it again today I figured I would see if there was any like-minded people out there that hate it.

Merry Christmas!

51xfl4cSmoL._SX500_.jpg

I remember going to see it in the theater, thought it was great when I was a kid. I watched it a couple years ago and wasn't impressed. It's not the worst movie ever, but it's just OK...and people talk about it like its a classic.

I voted for "It's okay". I love some parts of the movie, but sometimes it feels like it drags on.

Hint: there's a whole Off Topic forum just for these kinds of threads.

And no,I'm not the Grinch.

No line says Christmas quite like, you'll shoot your eye out.

I love the movie, but the 24 hour marathon lost its appeal a few years back

I voted for hate it. Because it's a horrible, unfunny movie. As far as Christmas movies go, I'll take the the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

Not a huge fan but there are moments.

Now, Christmas Vacation is a whole different story - classic

THIS. Chevy Chase is great in that series.

Great movie. Not sure how you can hate it. The fathers lines alone are worth watching it.

I voted for hate it. Because it's a horrible, unfunny movie. As far as Christmas movies go, I'll take the the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

Nothing compares to Alistair Sims- he was made for that role. He was
Known as a comedic actor- which doesn't quite jive with that role.

Rocky IV... I have just realized is a Christmas movie, and therefore is my choice for best Christmas movie ever

Never heard of it. (Seriously).

Color me baffled! I thought it was unavoidable - especially considering the 24 hour marathons each year.

Hint: there's a whole Off Topic forum just for these kinds of threads.

And no,I'm not the Grinch.

I don't think there's enough traffic flow on the off-topic board to justify this, but I would prefer the off-topic board be split into two boards. One board for "volitile" topics like politics and religion, one board for non-sports related topics that aren't such emotional issues. Because I have absolutely no interest in reading anyone's political opinion on this forum - for me sports is a diversion from the "real world", so I'm not interested in hearing anyone's thought on the US economy, how Obama is doing, etc. As a result I avoid that board completely...and don't really mind when someone posts a meaningless topic like this on one of the higher traffic sports boards during a slow traffic day.

(And yes, I realize my posting on the Fine Mess board is in clear violation of my desire to keep this board as a place I go for sports and meaningless chatter...but that is just a train wreck I can't help gawking at.)

I like all three movies in the series and I have several of Jean Shepard's books of shorts stories (the movies basically took a selection of the short stories and wove them together). Shepard not only narrated all of the movies but did a cameo in each one (In A Christmas Story, he was the guy telling Ralphie and Randy that the line to see Santa "starts back there")

So yeah, I'm a big fan. I always watch the DVD though and never turn on the marathon on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom