A Knight's Tale is the greatest movie ever made | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A Knight's Tale is the greatest movie ever made

I wonder how that gig pitch meeting went from his agent.

Alan Tyduk: "What's my character's motivation?"

I was thinking more of King Kandy from Wreck It Ralph -- but your post just builds upon the legend.
I think he won some awards for Wreck It Ralph. I just think the Hei Hei thing is hilarious. I remember watching one of the making of features for Moana and seeing him clucking into a mic and cracking up, so it always stuck in my head that he was Hei Hei.

I’m not sure, but it would explain a lot.

What I've heard anecdotally:
  • Raimi shot all or part of Evil Dead as a film school project, super low budget. Bruce Campbell was his buddy from college, and that was his first "official" acting role
  • Obviously, the first one was a straight horror film, but super low budget / relatively poor quality due to the above
  • Raimi got the idea to remake the movie frame-by-frame, but making it a pseudo-comedy / horror movie instead, so they remade the movie -- which is Evil Dead 2, which basically "replaces" the first movie
  • Evil Dead 2 was also low budget, but is a cult classic because of the innovative horror / comedy approach, and also because it highlighted Bruce Campbell's unique acting style -- catapulting him to C-list stardom
  • The sequels were pretty lame, but the Starz series based upon Evil Dead from a few years ago went three seasons, and was pretty entertaining

Of course, some of the above could be wrong, but that's what I know about the franchise.

• Raimi shot all or part of Evil Dead as a film school project, super low budget. Bruce Campbell was his buddy from college, and that was his first "official" acting role
  • Obviously, the first one was a straight horror film, but super low budget / relatively poor quality due to the above
  • Raimi got the idea to remake the movie frame-by-frame, but making it a pseudo-comedy / horror movie instead, so they remade the movie -- which is Evil Dead 2, which basically "replaces" the first movie
  • Evil Dead 2 was also low budget, but is a cult classic because of the innovative horror / comedy approach, and also because it highlighted Bruce Campbell's unique acting style -- catapulting him to C-list stardom
  • The sequels were pretty lame, but the Starz series based upon Evil Dead from a few years ago went three seasons, and was pretty entertaining

Of course, some of the above could be wrong, but that's what I know about the franchise.

All of that sounds vaguely familiar. Especially the last bullet. I literally remember nothing about Army of Darkness.

• The sequels were pretty lame

All of that sounds vaguely familiar. Especially the last bullet. I literally remember nothing about Army of Darkness.

Army of Darkness is awesome! I'll fight you both!

AOD6.gif
AOD3.gif
AOD1.gif
AOD4.gif

Fight me.

Story line. Sound track. Incredible acting and great characters.

It has it all.

Great movie. Also
Fight me.

Story line. Sound track. Incredible acting and great characters.

It has it all.

Great movie. Also, the woman who plays Kate, the female blacksmith,is Lydia from breaking bad. Heath Ledger left us way too soon

“catapulting him to C-list stardom”

Your word choice was truly excellent.

His movies were fun. I can't ask more than that. Encino Man, The Mummy series, Blast From the Past, George of the Jungle... all easy watches.
the quiet american was a high quality film and he was very good in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom