ACC Atlantic | Syracusefan.com

ACC Atlantic

GoSU96

Living Legend
One of the points of emphasis from Wildhack this week was division play based on what he's learned from the NFL.

Here are the last two years results.

1544967186966.png

Other than Clemson, SU is the only team to at least spit with the rest of division.

Shows just how bad Lville has been the last two years.

Next year, Clemson, Wake, BC at home, NCst, FSU, Lville on the road.

It will be interesting battles between NC State and SU going forward.

have to get 4-2 out of this, every time you do you have a shot at a great season. win your OC and you are sitting at 7-8 wins no matter how everything plays out.

I hope divisions are going the way of the dinosaur.

One of the points of emphasis from Wildhack this week was division play based on what he's learned from the NFL.

Here are the last two years results.

View attachment 147228

Other than Clemson, SU is the only team to at least spit with the rest of division.

Shows just how bad Lville has been the last two years.

Next year, Clemson, Wake, BC at home, NCst, FSU, Lville on the road.

Well, it really all comes down to:

SU is the only team in the Atlantic to NOT get swept by Clemson the past 2 seasons.

Conversely, we were one of only 2 teams that lost to Llvll the prior year.

Interesting that Wake “owns” NCSt, but got “owned” by FSU.

What our schedule next year
@Duke
@ FSU
@L'ville
@Liberty
@ Maryland
@ NC State
Western Michigan
Holy Cross
Clemson'
Pitt
BC
Wake

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but on paper, this is an 11 win football team if things shake out right. Very realistic shot at another 8-10 win season.

It will be interesting battles between NC State and SU going forward.

I could see them being our new “Virginia Tech” or “West Virginia” type rival. Similar fan bases IMO.

lol, only team who's WL flipped from last year, team for team.

@Duke
@ FSU
@L'ville
@Liberty
@ Maryland
@ NC State
Western Michigan
Holy Cross
Clemson'
Pitt
BC
Wake

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but on paper, this is an 11 win football team if things shake out right. Very realistic shot at another 8-10 win season.
Getting Devito snaps this year I think was crucial for next years success. I was scared for the early matchup against Maryland, but now that they hired a 3-31 coach and Devito's faced a good amount of situations, I think we can definitely sweep the OOC (thank god for no ND).

Pitt's gonna be a lot easier next year than this year. They're losing senior 4 offensive linemen and their 2 runningback studs, as well as some other pieces on offense and defense (they still have Ffrench though). NC State is gonna largely be reliant about how their new QB can pick up off of Finley. They're losing their QB, RB, 3 OL, and lose their easily best defensive player in Pratt. Duke's always a tough team, and I see them being probably being one of our hardest games. They lose a good QB, 2 of their OL, and their 3 starting WR, but have a lot coming back on D. Much like a lot of the ACC, it's gonna come down to how you can replace their QB. I think another successful season can be in the works for next year, and as long as we stay lucky with injuries, Camping World or better is looking like a real possibility.

Louisville, Florida State and NC State will be the difference between a good season and a great season. Just like this season. Satterfield is a very good coach and will have the Cardinals decent in 2 or 3 seasons. We need to take advantage now.

@Duke
@ FSU
@L'ville
@Liberty
@ Maryland
@ NC State
Western Michigan
Holy Cross
Clemson'
Pitt
BC
Wake

It will be an all new mindset for the team. Going into a season being expected to win most of those games. No chip on our shoulder card to play. It's going to be exciting, that's for sure.

@Duke
@ FSU
@L'ville
@Liberty
@ Maryland
@ NC State
Western Michigan
Holy Cross
Clemson'
Pitt
BC
Wake

9-3. Back to back 9 win regular seasons.

Getting Devito snaps this year I think was crucial for next years success. I was scared for the early matchup against Maryland, but now that they hired a 3-31 coach and Devito's faced a good amount of situations, I think we can definitely sweep the OOC (thank god for no ND).

Pitt's gonna be a lot easier next year than this year. They're losing senior 4 offensive linemen and their 2 runningback studs, as well as some other pieces on offense and defense (they still have Ffrench though). NC State is gonna largely be reliant about how their new QB can pick up off of Finley. They're losing their QB, RB, 3 OL, and lose their easily best defensive player in Pratt. Duke's always a tough team, and I see them being probably being one of our hardest games. They lose a good QB, 2 of their OL, and their 3 starting WR, but have a lot coming back on D. Much like a lot of the ACC, it's gonna come down to how you can replace their QB. I think another successful season can be in the works for next year, and as long as we stay lucky with injuries, Camping World or better is looking like a real possibility.

Doeren needs to bring in a good replacement at OC since Drinkwitz took the App St job. I’d argue a good bit of their success these past few years was due to his hire and him bringing Finley with him from Boise.

Never mind that thought above, it looks likes McDonald’s was promoted to co-OC
NC State promotes Des Kitchings and George McDonald to co-offensive coordinators

Of course, other teams are saying, “Look at Syracuse, Losing a top QB, both OL Tackles, starting RB, top WR, Top DL, both starting linebackers, starting TE.” Every team has challenges. I trust HCDM (Oops, make that HCDB) to keep SU going. But it’s not like SU doesn’t have holes to fill.

Of course, other teams are saying, “Look at Syracuse, Losing a top QB, both OL Tackles, starting RB, top WR, Top DL, both starting linebackers, starting TE.” Every team has challenges. I trust HCDM to keep SU going. But it’s not like SU doesn’t have holes to fill.

I trust HCDB more than HCDM at this point. ;)

Of course, other teams are saying, “Look at Syracuse, Losing a top QB, both OL Tackles, starting RB, top WR, Top DL, both starting linebackers, starting TE.” Every team has challenges. I trust HCDM to keep SU going. But it’s not like SU doesn’t have holes to fill.
I wouldn't say we have that many holes though compared to other teams. When looking at players that will fill those holes (Abdul Adams and Trishton Jackson are very talented, Devito, Shy, and Armstrong have gotten plenty of experience) they only lead to the real holes to fill being the tackles and spreading out the production on the DL with Slayton gone.

Other teams will have to replace talented experienced guys with no experience (for us it's pretty much only the tackles). NC State will have to replace an NFL QB with a guy who only has eight passes, Pitt has to replace 2 1,000 yard rushers and 4 senior experienced OL, Maryland's gotta replace 4 senior OL and several outside weapons, and the list goes on with the other teams we play. We were already ahead of many of these teams this year, and we have smaller holes to fill than those teams. If we can stay healthy, it's definitely not unreasonable to believe that we can replicate this success.

Maryland on the road is not a guaranteed win.
Of course not, but to get that team, that early, with all it's baggage, and distractions, combined with a new coach trying to install his system...there aren't a lot of other P5 teams I'd feel better about playing ooc save for Rutgers, or Kansas.

I wouldn't say we have that many holes though compared to other teams. When looking at players that will fill those holes (Abdul Adams and Trishton Jackson are very talented, Devito, Shy, and Armstrong have gotten plenty of experience) they only lead to the real holes to fill being the tackles and spreading out the production on the DL with Slayton gone.

Other teams will have to replace talented experienced guys with no experience (for us it's pretty much only the tackles). NC State will have to replace an NFL QB with a guy who only has eight passes, Pitt has to replace 2 1,000 yard rushers and 4 senior experienced OL, Maryland's gotta replace 4 senior OL and several outside weapons, and the list goes on with the other teams we play. We were already ahead of many of these teams this year, and we have smaller holes to fill than those teams. If we can stay healthy, it's definitely not unreasonable to believe that we can replicate this success.
Agreed. I’m just pointing out how fans of those other teams will view things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom