ACC Move | Syracusefan.com

ACC Move

You posted this on the recruiting forum. Do you mean recruiting wise, or did you post this here by mistake?

Anyway, pretty much everyone is pumped for the move. August 31 can't get here soon enough. Recruiting wise it gives us a huge edge. In more ways than just competition as we will have a much larger revenue flow.

What are thoughts on the move to the ACC this coming season?
Like it or not its a business move that will strengthen the program. Recruiting and competition along with more $will be the up side. Those thinking we start out weak may be in for a surprise. I'm excited by the prospect.The Big East was a drag on football.

Beats the crap out of being grouped in with ECU, Tulane, UCF, SMU, etc...

Helps recruiting, should be on TV more in Florida and rest of south, opportunities for recruiting during the season (Florida kids come to see Cuse v FSU, Cuse v Miami), more $ to infuse in program.

Also don't think the ACC is much of a step up from the Big East. So, if Cuse repeats their same year (8-5), it will be viewed nationally as a sign that Syracuse is back and will almost finish the brand recovery.

But yea, terrible move...

It helps recruiting lots, I hope it excites the fans to show up more, and while I don't think the ACC is a giant upgrade in competition, I think it would've been nicer if SU and Pitt flipped divisions, so that the Orange didn't have to deal with FSU and Clemson every year. You have for the most part three "should be elite" teams, plus whatever VaTech decides to do, and going through the weaker ones make it easier to get to the championship game.

Kev

Puts Orange Football on the map nationally with the ACC. Even at 8 - 5 with the bowl win couldn't get the Cuse into the Top 25 last year.

You posted this on the recruiting forum. Do you mean recruiting wise, or did you post this here by mistake?

Anyway, pretty much everyone is pumped for the move. August 31 can't get here soon enough. Recruiting wise it gives us a huge edge. In more ways than just competition as we will have a much larger revenue flow.

Posted on the recruiting forum by accident. I meant for the football season in general.

It helps recruiting lots, I hope it excites the fans to show up more, and while I don't think the ACC is a giant upgrade in competition, I think it would've been nicer if SU and Pitt flipped divisions, so that the Orange didn't have to deal with FSU and Clemson every year. You have for the most part three "should be elite" teams, plus whatever VaTech decides to do, and going through the weaker ones make it easier to get to the championship game.

Kev
We have a lot of crap in our division too though. I'd rather play FSU and Clemson every year.

I think it sucks but there was no choice for SU if it wanted to continue a major college football program. Money grubbing is the name of the game in college football

The BE was a mess and had no future. I am also very happy to be renewing rivalries with BC, VT & Miami. The ACC is a solid league especially with the addition of ND.

As a fairly new resident of Raleigh I am personally really excited. This can only benefit the program. The ACC shouldn't think they are getting a push over either. Though 'cuse is rebuilding a little more than retooling, I think they can do well i ntheir divison of the ACC.

A new era for SU Football.

Just as the expansion of Archbold Stadium raised the bar in the early 1950s, just as the construction of Manley Field House raised the bar in 1962 and the construction of the Carrier Dome raised the bar in 1980, the move to the ACC will raise the bar in 2013.

This is huge.

And I can't wait for it to get started.

Just wish it had happened when Jake thought he had a deal in 2003.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom