ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 128 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I think FSU has a distorted view on who they are and how much they are worth. I think they may find that out in short order if they do try and leave.
I wonder if Florida state can advocate their position in the Florida legislature to allow the state to pass an anti-competitive law that would assist the Seminoles in breaking the grant the rights.

I wonder if Florida state can advocate their position in the Florida legislature to allow the state to pass an anti-competitive law that would assist the Seminoles in breaking the grant the rights.
Well, nothing that state does would surprise me but I doubt it. FSU willingly signed that GOR

Well this would make watching FSU fb games must see TV in the same way one watches Notre Dame play.

I think FSU has a distorted view on who they are and how much they are worth. I think they may find that out in short order if they do try and leave.
Exactly. What is fascinating in a macabre sort of way- both the SEC (OU and Texas) and B10 (USC/UCLA) expanded without a whisper until effectively the deal was done. So FSU decides to go nuclear in public without a guaranteed landing spot? Does the SEC really need to add another program in Florida? Maybe yes, but…

After that performance, if I am the other ACC schools I wouldn’t give them a cent more than they are currently afforded under revenue distribution rules and, if it gets there, hold a hard line on GOR.

We live in crazy times…

Gives a great insight to what FSU is thinking and to some off the delusion that guy has on where FSU is in the national landscape right now.
They are eiffffffng delusional

They will find out this season in football when they lose at least 3 or 4 games.
The good calls they got the last few years to win games they shouldn't have won aren't going to go their way.

How many schools are needed to break the GOR? I know they need 8 to dissolve the conference but that doesn't exactly get rid of the GOR.

My only thinking here is they found an 8th school to vote aye on.
That is false. Can’t dissolve with 8.

It's funny how this has gone from FSU internet posters getting called out for being delusional, to the school president doing exactly what they reported. IF this gets any traction, ACC schools will be in ultimate every man for themselves mode.

Absolutely. But it seems they are doing nothing.

I read an SEC guy yesterday say he thinks that ESPN and Fox worked together too are certain that the ACC and Pac each would have weak do nothing commissioners when they made the next big moves so that those leagues could be dispensed with. His view is that each network determined years ago to force consolidation fort their benefits.

Honestly, that just sounds made up. They have “Do nothing” commissioners so we’ll destabilize two leagues. Either of those leagues at any point in time can change commissioners, it’s not like they’re Supreme Court justices and hold their position for life. So to base a decision on a position that changes over time sounds like click bait. Which a majority of these stories are.

Exactly this. College football isn't the NFL. Most people's fandom and team loyalty is driven by where they went to undergrad. That won't change just because there are only 48 teams playing major college football. What drives the massive viewership numbers is that there are 132 (I think?) 1A teams with built in fanbases of varying size. A lot of those people will go away and not come back.

I already don't watch Georgia-Ole Miss. I'm not going to start just because Syracuse isn't on TV anymore.

Exactly. I’ll just stop watching CFB in general. Frees up my Saturday’s. Not wasting family time for SEC and especially the B10. Syracuse, yeah sure. I’ll make that sacrifice.

How many schools are needed to break the GOR? I know they need 8 to dissolve the conference but that doesn't exactly get rid of the GOR.

My only thinking here is they found an 8th school to vote aye on.
Where is it written that 8 schools can dissolve the conference? I think ESPN also might have some legal issues with that.

I’m not exactly sure what we are witnessing here, unless they know something we don’t about the grant of rights, this is essentially like watching a four-year-old have a hissy fit because they can’t have an ice cream.

Have a hissy fit because they can’t have an ice cream they think they earned from picking up 1 toy that was right by their feet.

Man, if Big 12 adds the other 3 corner schools, and B1G adds Oregon, Washington, Stanford, and Cal... ACC is just frozen stiff, like Pac-12.

IMG_7143.png

I’m 57. I don’t give a sheet anymore about anything except my family.

The Big Ten sucks. I pay attention to it as I have a couple Spartans who I sired. Very boring football unless Sparty is waxing Michigan.

The SEC has Georgia and Alabama and a ton of teams sponsored by the Klan. Not every team can come in first. Good luck to Clemson and FSU. You will compete for nothing.

SU has sucked for 20 years. If it comes crashing down when the GOR expires in the next decade, I don’t care. Put us out of our misery.

Just reinvigorate hoops.

And make love slowly to Notre Dame

FSU is in a tough spot. They view their peer schools as the SEC and Clemson, not most of the ACC schools. And, they are about to get lapped financially by the SEC schools.

If they lose a GOR challenge, the ACC isn't booting them and they will continue to make the same money. If they win the GOR challenge, they don't have to leave the ACC, but they will have the ability to leave if they can find a spot.
Not so fast my friend. The league and ESPN could counter sue based on the details of the GOR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom