ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

If Arizona goes to the Big 12 it's hard to see ASU not wanting to keep their rivalry with them in a conference.
I’m pretty sure the two schools can’t be split up

Bubba. You need to cook the Gator to a minimum internal temp of 165.
No more raw Gator. Its not an aphrodisiac.

Poor FSU. They just don't have enough money to be competitive
In their eyes it hasn't been shitty coaching or anything or that they aren't nearly as desirable a destination for players, coaches or TV viewers as they believe.

Last edited:
I worry there isn’t enough life boats for us, and where the heck do we end up the AAC making 8 million a year for TV revenue smh. Someone better be pro active because the schools who arnt will be playing Macaction or should drop football.
The AAC blows. FB isn't that good and BB is worse

It’s funny in a conference that includes Clemson, FSU thinks it’s getting screwed and they should be getting a ton more money for doing……… not sure.

And why have no national reporters that I’ve seen, joked about how FSU who hasn’t been relevant in forever, thinks they’re king .

I think it steels about 10 of the schools to come together.

The only schools with better options are FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC. Duke and UVA might be a tag along...but by themselves no.

UNC is the kingmaker in the ACC...would they give that up?
Not unless teams have left that will render the ACC something less a Major/Power conference. And that means the loss of both FSU and Come-on, the league's 2 largest football fan bases, could do the trick, because TV money is all about TV viewer numbers. There is 0 chance the ACC could replace FSU and Clemson with teams that would draw numbers that good.

I think FSU may now be pushing the ACC leadership to get really busy. And I do think that FSU might be appeased significantly if the ACC shifts revenue to reflect TV numbers, meaning that teams will get paid per the numbers of viewers their games have.

It’s funny in a conference that includes Clemson, FSU thinks it’s getting screwed and they should be getting a ton more money for doing……… not sure.

And why have no national reporters that I’ve seen, joked about how FSU who hasn’t been relevant in forever, thinks they’re king .
TV money is not about anuybody winning. It is about the numbers of TV viewers for that league. And that means that teams in a league that draw the most viewers have indeed done exactly what brings in the TV money.

That means a 4-8 FSU team that loses by 35 to a 10-2 Wake team is still much more valuable to the ACC than Wake.

It's the same reason that Syracuse basketball was always the most valuable BE member: largest basketball fan base in the BE and in the entire northeast.

FSU has reached Notre Dame level of arrogance as of late.
It appears that way. I am hoping that they are just trying to force the ACC to get off it's ass and make a move. The ACC needs to be smarter than both the B1G and SEC. Both those conferences are working from a position of power, but there are moves to be made that can get us on equal footing. It will take aggressive and creative thinking, but it can happen. It takes strong leadership, I hope we have the right guy in that position right now.

TV money is not about anuybody winning. It is about the numbers of TV viewers for that league. And that means that teams in a league that draw the most viewers have indeed done exactly what brings in the TV money.

That means a 4-8 FSU team that loses by 35 to a 10-2 Wake team is still much more valuable to the ACC than Wake.

It's the same reason that Syracuse basketball was always the most valuable BE member: largest basketball fan base in the BE and in the entire northeast.
Largest in the world--have you not heard of The Ottoman Empire? :)

After reading these articles: "Good bye, FSU. Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out."

But they are not actually going anywhere. They are trying to do what JoePa wanted to do in his proposed Eastern Conference in the early 80s: Set up a revenue scheme where FSU (or was PSU) makes more money than other members.

Maybe we have now found our evil empire rival in the ACC.

Ok. Not sure why you wrote this in response to my post.

The ACC has been asleep at the wheel watching all the moves go down.

What moves could they have made that they didn’t. Nobody who’s gone to the B10 or SEC would have come to the ACC for less money. ND refuses to completely join the ACC. All the other teams don’t add enough value to increase payouts.

So what moves did they not make that they should have?

I just keep thinking about the fact FSU can't win an ACC title in close to 10 years, yet they think SEC or B1G is going to be a better road to a national title. Comical.

What moves could they have made that they didn’t. Nobody who’s gone to the B10 or SEC would have come to the ACC for less money. ND refuses to completely join the ACC. All the other teams don’t add enough value to increase payouts.

IMO should have been aggressive after Texas/OU went after Baylor/ TCU, Okie State/ WV/ KU maybe after UCLA and USC left, should have gone after Oregon/ WU/ UTAH/ ASU/ Arizona maybe.

Would rather have seen us be more aggressive in trying to be a super conference instead of waiting for the hands to be played and grabbing the leftovers. Understand it has to be accretive to make sense and football money is all that matters, hence UCONN.

Maybe it will play out fine, who knows.

Hard to make FSU whole and cut back everyone else. The ACC is doing right thing which is nothing.

Every conference not sec or big (or ND) is angling right now no matter what they negotiate. It’s all a battle to the end.

Apparently there is some thought that the B1G/SEC’s long game in the hoops realm is to steal March Madne$$ from the NCAA so the Big 12 is trying to beef up their already A+ hoops side to the level where they can’t be left out of anything basketball related.

Of all the realignment stuff I think that is the absolute worst idea of them all but I can comprehend the thought process from all three leagues.
Can’t imagine voluntarily watching big 10 basketball.

In a way I can understand why FSU is doing this I mean the ACC has not been very proactive in adding teams like these other conferences. Washington and Oregon and even Stanford should have been added by now and a call should have been made to Penn State. it’s very frustrating. Yes I am assuming this hasn’t been done yet because the Big Ten looks like they will be adding more teams

In a way I can understand why FSU is doing this I mean the ACC has not been very proactive in adding teams like these other conferences. Washington and Oregon and even Stanford should have been added by now and a call should have been made to Penn State. it’s very frustrating. Yes I am assuming this hasn’t been done yet because the Big Ten looks like they will be adding more teams
to be fair, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, maybe we asked and they declined

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom