ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 149 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

F2uKbt_XUAAioul
College football needs the equivalent of a non-partisan citizens’ redistricting commission.

He isn't. As usual, you are mistaking the value of some schools.
Which school out of 8 do you think is a weak addition? would the SEC offer to take 8 ACC schools? Doubtful.

Not sure if the Big 12 made itself better than the ACC. The ACC’s top is still much better. However, the gap shrunk when you look at the collective sum. Either way. The ACC did not help itself once again and has allowed another conference to close the gap. Meanwhile, being left even farther behind the top 2.

Which school out of 8 do you think is a weak addition? would the SEC offer to take 8 ACC schools? Doubtful.

They wouldn’t take any of the current B12 schools (current as of 1 minute ago) or they would have already. So just based on that, the ACC has more valuable teams than the B12. Might as well throw the B10 in there too.

They wouldn’t take any of the current B12 schools (current as of 1 minute ago) or they would have already. So just based on that, the ACC has more valuable teams than the B12. Might as well throw the B10 in there too.
Of course. Did the Big 12 make themselves better? I guess. But volume alone doesn't do that. Or much.

As things look in 2024-25 (as of Aug 4):

ACCSECBig 12Big 10Pac 12AmericanMWCCUSAMACSun BeltIndependent
Boston CollegeAlabamaBaylorIllinoisCaliforniaEast CarolinaAir ForceFIUAkronAppalachian StateArmy
ClemsonArkansasBYUIndianaOregon StateMemphisBoise StateJacksonville StateBall StateArkansas StateNotre Dame
DukeAuburnCincinnatiIowaStanfordNavyColorado StateKennesaw StateBowling GreenCoastal CarolinaUConn
Florida StateFloridaHoustonMarylandWashington StateSMUFresno StateLibertyBuffaloGeorgia SouthernUMass
Georgia TechGeorgiaIowa StateMichiganSouth FloridaHawaiiLouisiana TechCentral MichiganGeorgia State
LouisvilleKentuckyKansasMichigan StateTempleNevadaMiddle TennesseeEastern MichiganLouisiana
Miami (FL)LSUKansas StateMinnesotaTulaneNew MexicoNew Mexico StateKent StateLouisiana–Monroe
NC StateMississippi StateOklahoma StateNebraskaTulsaSan Diego StateSan Houston StateMiami (OH)South Alabama
North CarolinaMissouriTCUNorthwesternCharlotteSan Jose StateUTEPNorthern IllinoisTexas State
PittsburghOle MissTexas TechOhio StateFlorida AtlanticUNLVWestern KentuckyOhioTroy
SyracuseSouth CarolinaUCFPenn StateNorth TexasUtah StateToledoMarshall
VirginiaTennesseeWest VirginiaPurdueRiceWyomingWestern MichiganOld Dominion
Virginia TechTexas A&MArizona*RutgersUABSouthern Miss
Wake ForestVanderbiltArizona State*WisconsinUTSAJames Madison
Oklahoma*Colorado*Washington*
Texas*Utah*Oregon*
UCLA*
USC*
All these genius academics forming conferences named after the wrong number of teams

This reminds me of fans at the trade deadline in any sport. They see a rival making moves and they think we are done. Why haven't we done anything? The ACC isn't in a position where right now, they have to make panic moves. Down the road, they might have to. But not right now.

This reminds me of fans at the trade deadline in any sport. They see a rival making moves and they think we are done. Why haven't we done anything? The ACC isn't in a position where right now, they have to make panic moves. Down the road, they might have to. But not right now.

That’s actually a great analogy.

Exactly. Reminds me of when people get over excited about some teams going nuts in the portal for hoops...

I have a question, what if Miami, North Carolina, fsu and clemson ( there the 3 crazy enough to do it) all figured out a way to pay out the 300 million each to leave the league and the remaining schools divided up the cash amongst themselves. Would that be such a travesty? Personally I say go ahead give us the pay day, Buh bye.

Estimates are closer to $800m to get out now. The buyout and the tv rights for 13 years.

However the problem with that is it’s slim pickings now in regards to football. The ACC may have inquired but didn’t close the deal on any high major football programs which makes use vulnerable

The PAC was positioned to put the Big12 out of business. They failed to take any action. Now they are the ones in the trunk of the car.

I think the next moves will be contraction as TV money dries up. Vanderbilt, Purdue, South Carolina, Rutgers, Maryland and prob more as a super league forms with the best teams in the SEC and B1G. Will be NFL lite and everyone else.

However the problem with that is it’s slim pickings now in regards to football. The ACC may have inquired but didn’t close the deal on any high major football programs which makes use vulnerable

Do you think that adding Arizona or Utah or Texas Tech would make the ACC any less vulnerable? This is a confusing line of thinking.

I’m sorry I don’t see the value in half the teams the Big Ten has I’ll include the list Northwestern, Rutgers, Iowa, a lot of these teams are in the big ten as a matter of geography and nothing more also that map shows how weak the conference is when it comes to the coast and northeast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom