ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 151 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Not happening. But then again I am assuming ESPN's $1000/hr lawyers graduated from law school.
This is a battle to the death between FOX and ESPN as to who controls collegiate sports and FOX just got a huge upper hand. ESPN is toast.

Pretty clear it’s going to be the big “12”

They’ll pickup cuse, Pittsburgh. (North eastern bloc) Virginia tech and Louisville (regional fits)

UNC, Virginia to BIG,

FSU, Clemson, Miami to SEC

NC State potentially fills an SEC spot but unlikely (UNC will block them from BIG)

Wake, Duke, BC, and Georgia Tech are the odd ones out.
I see the endgame playing out a little differently. I see Notre Dame, Stanford, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Miami going to the Big Ten to form a league of 24. I then see the SEC adding Virginia Tech, NC State, FSU and Clemson to finish at 20. Finally I see the big 12 adding Pitt, Louisville, Duke, UConn/Syracuse.

There is a late rumor today that the big 12 will add Gonzaga and UConn as basketball only members. If UConn takes this deal, they could be the 20th team in the Big 12 and Syracuse would potentially be left out and join BC, WF as football independent and Big East in basketball.

Personally, I think our best long-term ceiling is the Big 12 conference and our floor is football independence with Big East basketball

This is a battle to the death between FOX and ESPN as to who controls collegiate sports and FOX just got a huge upper hand. ESPN is toast.
Why though? Because they’re paying less for essentially the same amount of football? Will there be a bit of an imbalance? Of course. That doesn’t mean ESPN just folds. They still have the biggest brands in football in the SEC, a sweetheart deal with the ACC and at the end of the day, college football and basketball fans will continue to subscribe to linear or get a DTC offering.

I see the endgame playing out a little differently. I see Notre Dame, Stanford, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Miami going to the Big Ten to form a league of 24. I then see the SEC adding Virginia Tech, NC State, FSU and Clemson. Finally I see the big 12 adding Pitt, Louisville, Duke, Syracuse.

There is a late rumor today that the big 12 will add Gonzaga and UConn as basketball only members. If UConn takes this deal, they could be the 20th team in the Big 12 and Syracuse would potentially be left out.
Why would they take 2 basketball only and lose out on additional value on the football front? Syracuse would be at worst a mid-tier brand in the big 12.

I could careless at this point, honestly, I am actually surprised Clemson isn’t gone and i’m about 95% sure Clemson and a few others will be gone soon. Not worth worrying about.

Florida State will be gone by 8/15/2023 one way or the other.

Book it.

I see the endgame playing out a little differently. I see Notre Dame, Stanford, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Miami going to the Big Ten to form a league of 24. I then see the SEC adding Virginia Tech, NC State, FSU and Clemson to finish at 20. Finally I see the big 12 adding Pitt, Louisville, Duke, UConn/Syracuse.

There is a late rumor today that the big 12 will add Gonzaga and UConn as basketball only members. If UConn takes this deal, they could be the 20th team in the Big 12 and Syracuse would potentially be left out and join BC, WF as football independent and Big East in basketball.

Personally, I think our best long-term ceiling is the Big 12 conference and our floor is football independence with Big East basketball

UConn just left the AAC because the travel expenses were killing them.

They're not crossing three time zones so they can play WLAX against Arizona St.

SEC isn’t staying at 20 if Big 10 goes to 24. At this point, there is no one for the SEC to add because of the GORS. SEC is currently boxed in. Waiting for the ACC to get closer to end of life before pouncing on the top brands.

UConn just left the AAC because the travel expenses were killing them.

They're not crossing three time zones so they can play WLAX against Arizona St.
They left the AAC because they were making 7 million dollars a year and their basketball programs were deteriorating. If they joined the Big12 they would make roughly 31 million a Year. Over 4 times the amount they made in the AAC. 31 million more than makes up any excess travel costs.

It’s kind of fun watching all these liberal college presidents forming a monopoly, isn’t it?

I was wondering where all the liberal college presidents were hired to, the Deep South and the Midwest. You learn something new all the time.

Book it.
IMG_0739.gif

Idk, maybe should have done this like a month or 2 earlier? No way the top 8 PAC teams say no to a full membership. Big 10 only got serious this week after Colorado left and Big 12 started talking to other teams. ACC jumps out in front of this weeks ago they would be in a bicoastal conference right now.

View attachment 229902
Day late and a dollar short.

Don't discount Boston College. They have the advantage of location. And, well, they've never backstabbed and cutthroated their way into a Conference before...:rolleyes:

They left the AAC because they were making 7 million dollars a year and their basketball programs were deteriorating. If they joined the Big12 they would make roughly 31 million a Year. Over 4 times the amount they made in the AAC. 31 million more than makes up any excess travel costs.

He was responding to a poster who said he heard a rumor of Uconn joining as a bball Only. If that was the case they wouldn't be making any where close to 31 million and would still need a home for their olympic sports because the BE isn't letting them stay. The B12 adding Uconn as a bball only makes little sense for either.

Seems like some have claimed it will be three conferences of twenty four teams each. I’d like to think we would be included in those 72 teams. I’m impressed at how the Big 12 after almost dying twice has rose from the dead yet again. ACC should consider adding Penn State and some Big 12 teams

I mean, that’s not actually possible even if they were meeting tonight. So I’ll bet against that one with a ton of money.
I’ve convinced myself that he’s right mostly based on how some FSU media people are acting.. Bud Elliot seems confident in something but he dances around it.

Seems like some have claimed it will be three conferences of twenty four teams each. I’d like to think we would be included in those 72 teams. I’m impressed at how the Big 12 after almost dying twice has rose from the dead yet again. ACC should consider adding Penn State and some Big 12 teams

How in the world would the ACC add Penn State? Have you been following conference realignment at all??

Book it.
Where are they going? B1G isn't taking them and Florida (along with a few other schools like South Carolina) will block them from the SEC.

So the ACC soaks up Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, and WSU, and we’re at 4 conferences with 68/69 schools. Sweet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom