ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 150 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Sources confirm
@Matt_Fortuna
report that new B1G members Oregon and Washington will enter the league at a reduced revenue share of around $30 million, which would increase by $1 million each year during the current media rights deal with FOX/NBC/CBS.
they went in there begging and pleading Phil knight won’t be there forever to bail Oregon out

Pretty crappy all around, I do feel especially bad for Oregon State and Wazzu, it might be I feel like Syracuse could be not far behind them in a similar situation. Unfortunately it’s every man for themselves, I hope Syracuse is already looking at all the scenarios, and not praying for the best. The GOR is the only thing saving us right now.

The PAC is dead. 4 teams left. The MWC currently has a 33 million dollar exit fee if you exit within a year (PAC has 4 teams for next year currently, and 16.5 million dollar buyout if more than a year notice is given. And what company is giving a conference of Stanford, cal, Oregon state, Washington state and a bunch of leftovers a deal close to 15 million dollars a year?

AAC pays about 7 million a year

Mountain West pays out 4 million a year

Big east is about to expire but pays about 4.6 million.

Rumors were this week the best offer on the table was low 20 million per school. They now lose 5 of the top 6 programs left in their conference. Would not shock me if Stanford ends up in the Big10. The problem is, Big 10 doesn’t want Cal and they are a package deal. But that would give the Big 10 6 west coast teams.

Regardless, the PAC is getting no where close to 20 million a year with the programs left. In addition, with the MWC’s current buyout. Who do they turn to? Their toast

And there’s no legal right to get your GOR rights back even if you show up with the check; it would have to be negotiated.
The teams give their rights to the conference and the conference sells the rights to the media. If the conference is dissolved, the media is out of luck. So, if the Big12 and the B1G, which are owned by FOX, both say they will take enough teams to have the votes to dissolve the league, then ESPN will be forced to have the SEC go after the top value teams to keep them as ESPN properties. The ACC is on the chopping block now.

The teams give their rights to the conference and the conference sells the rights to the media. If the conference is dissolved, the media is out of luck. So, if the Big12 and the B1G, which are owned by FOX, both say they will take enough teams to have the votes to dissolve the league, then ESPN will be forced to have the SEC go after the top value teams to keep them as ESPN properties. The ACC is on the chopping block now.
I really don’t think so. There would be a line at the courthouse door headed by ESPN’s lawyers, lawyers for the schools left behind and state AGs arguing antitrust. None of Fox, the BiG or Big 12 want that kind of mayhem.
Besides you likely need at least 10 ACC schools to even try a gambit like that.

Pretty crappy all around, I do feel especially bad for Oregon State and Wazzu, it might be I feel like Syracuse could be not far behind them in a similar situation. Unfortunately it’s every man for themselves, I hope Syracuse is already looking at all the scenarios, and not praying for the best. The GOR is the only thing saving us right now.
As a football fan it’s probably more fun for those schools to be in the Mountain West than the Big Ten or 12. A real chance to compete instead of cashing checks.

But I don’t disagree with what you’re saying.

Idk, maybe should have done this like a month or 2 earlier? No way the top 8 PAC teams say no to a full membership. Big 10 only got serious this week after Colorado left and Big 12 started talking to other teams. ACC jumps out in front of this weeks ago they would be in a bicoastal conference right now.

IMG_2075.jpeg

I really don’t think so. There would be a line at the courthouse door headed by ESPN’s lawyers, lawyers for the schools left behind and state AGs arguing antitrust. None of Fox, the BiG or Big 12 want that kind of mayhem.
Besides you likely need at least 10 ACC schools to even try a gambit like that.
They would offer 12 schools.

Got my email from Arizona State this evening that they are going to the Big 12 or the Big 18 or whatever it will become. I was a season ticket holder for women's basketball.

Im going to try and enjoy these next 10 years or so of college football because once our GoR expires i just don’t see a place for us.
Pretty clear it’s going to be the big “12”

They’ll pickup cuse, Pittsburgh. (North eastern bloc) Virginia tech and Louisville (regional fits)

UNC, Virginia to BIG,

FSU, Clemson, Miami to SEC

NC State potentially fills an SEC spot but unlikely (UNC will block them from BIG)

Wake, Duke, BC, and Georgia Tech are the odd ones out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom