ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 291 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Shorter NCSU:

back to back drake GIF

Presumably a school would play one of the two CA schools away, and one at home.
For Olympic sports, a pair of teams will go to Cali. One will play Cal and the other Stanford on Fri and then switch and play on Sunday. Same thing when Cal and Stanford come east. WLax example - Duke and UNC go to Cali and Cal and Stanford come east to play UVa and VPI.

Here are the only key questions and its in two parts:

1) Did SU have a 100% confirmed spot in the SEC or B1G if the ACC dissolved? If the answer is no, please proceed to question two.

2) How fast can you vote yes to expansion?

Everything else is less important by an order of magnitude.

All three will be gone way before then...

will they though? You might have to hope the Big10 wants a foot hold in South Carolina. I don't know why the SEC would since they area already there. They want to gain a couple of million more people? Upstate NY has as many people as the entire state of South Carolina.

FSU would be even less of a market for the SEC.

Last edited:
I guess. I feel like if you have, say, 6 teams out west you could split off divisions and only have a couple crossovers a year. I guess its functionally the same
Well you sure complain with the best of them FRANKIE. What is your alternative solution to this? The ACC dying on the vine in 2036?

Well you sure complain with the best of them FRANKIE. What is your alternative solution to this? The ACC dying on the vine in 2036?
Yes then he could be happy with that misery

1. Temple was a Football Only member with no voting rights.

2. Temple only drew 10-15K attendance, well below the BE's minimum requirement.
Don’t interject facts into a good mindless rant…

It's not and the kids don't care.
Glad to know you can read minds.
SMU has the potential to be good, so they aren’t Southern Rutgers
Wasn't the same said about Rutgers? That kids would want to go there to compete against the best and they never had to leave home to do it? The only thing that happened was that their backyard got raided more. For SMU, it opens up Texas even more to the ACC. The same thing is on the table for SMU.

Possibly. I'm sure the donor shakedown will be immense to cover the staggering cost. Have fun with that.
I don't think it will be but we will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom