ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Sunbelt will be a pretty fun league. They have the ability to challenge the AAC and MWC and the top G5 league in a few years.

Sunbelt will be a pretty fun league. They have the ability to challenge the AAC and MWC and the top G5 league in a few years.
Yep, they’ve done a really nice job positioning themselves.

We've got 2025 covered.

SU vs Tennessee at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
I'll be there!!
Here's a funny story for you regarding that pair of teams. I grew up in TN, as did my wife. In high school, she worked at a nice locally owned clothes shop. The owner was a Tennessee grad. When she was a senior, she, along with two other female employees, got to go with the owner and his wife, to a trade show in Atlanta.

While there, the owner wanted to meet some guy who had spoken about something, and my future wife was standing with the owner's wife when they made introductions. The other man was living in Indianapolis - my wife's boss said that the guy didn't sound like IN people he knew, so the other guy said he had been born and raised in Philadelphia.

So then my wife's boss asks: 'Can you tell where I'm from?'

The guy says he can't tell much about accents, so my wife's boss says, 'I'll give you a hint: Big Orange Country.'

The guy who grew up in Philly says immediately: 'Syracuse.'

They're leaving after this season. Book it.
I think this is right. Just no way for a conference to hold on to teams in that situation. Deals will be made. Money or agreements will exchange hands. People will move on.

I think this is right. Just no way for a conference to hold on to teams in that situation. Deals will be made. Money or agreements will exchange hands. People will move on.

And the commissioner is being replaced. The new commissioner will not want to deal with the headaches of trying to keep TX and OK. He will broker the best deal possible, cut ties and then start working on new media rights.

They're leaving after this season. Book it.
I don't know if it will be this summer or next. So far, the "Price Isn't Right". Undoubtedly, the Big XII is asking for exit fees that are too high in the view of Texas and Oklahoma. The SEC has probably told them that they will put up X% of the fee.

I don't know if it will be this summer or next. So far, the "Price Isn't Right". Undoubtedly, the Big XII is asking for exit fees that are too high in the view of Texas and Oklahoma. The SEC has probably told them that they will put up X% of the fee.
What he said. Or, The GOR guarantees the Big12 the television rights until the end of the contract. As the GOR serves as the liquidated damages clause, there is no need to agree to anything less than what is specified in the GOR.

As the GOR diminishes in total value each year, the cost to buy out the GOR is more palatable. Once UT and OU are O.K. incentivising an earlier break from the Big12, it will be offered At four years it was better for UT and OU, both of whom could have handled the matter financially, to wait out the GOR. Also, the leverage of the Big12 diminishes as the GOR comes to a close. If either side pushes too hard, the other side simply runs out the GOR and everyone goes on their merry way.

i don't have inside information from big donors but I hear rumblings that UT would like to move on. Likewise for OU, again from sources without influence. Take the free info for what it is worth.

BIG 10 & alliance. lol
whatta joke!
felt a lil vulnerable after the UT, OU invites & now BIG wants n probaly get a billion $$ deal.
That'll definately make everyone else feel O so comfortable lol

Seeing the list of teams going to the AAC makes you wonder, why? None of those programs are quality. They already have a TX school, do they really need to add 3 more? Especially when none of those add value? They already have teams in FL and NC, is there really value in adding more? Maybe you add 2 teams as 8 is on the small side but why go to 14? Wouldn't a 10 team league with a true round robin in both sports be better than a 14 team league?

Look at the fanbases they are adding (2019 / 2021 attendance)

Charlotte 12,300 / 13,300
Florida Atlantic 17,600 / 18,825
North Texas 21,350 / 16,650
Rice 22,200 / 18,600
UAB 24,725 / 25,625
Texas San Antonio 19,900 / 26,650

App State, Marshall, Southern Miss, and Troy have better fanbases than most of those teams, yet get left out?

IMO they should have added UAB and UTSA only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom