ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 271 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

The ACC "owns" the GoR Anyone who leaves the ACC before the GoR expires in 2036 owes the ACC a huge check as an exit fee, PLUS the departing team must sign over all their TV money from the new conference to the ACC. so any team leaving before the expiration better have some really deep pockets lined up to pay the exit fee and fund the program by replacing the lost TV money. The ACC has no reason whatsoever to accommodate an early departure, and, after being criticized for compromising with Maryland, will probably insist on enforcing the GoR to the letter.
Yes, if I am the ACC and FSU etc wants out, you say ok if they pay every single nickel, no flexibility

Why? Should SU be forced to give up Otto? Of course not. Their teams "are a color", just like SU's are. While you're The Orange, they're The Cardinal.
The tree looks like its coming off a week long ecstasy binge at some music festival. That's what Walton probably looks like too after such an event. Haight Ashbury has been over for quite some time.

Voting tonight.
1693254887334.png

Last edited:
Our insiders seem to be hinting that Clemson and FSU will leave the conference by summer of next year at the latest...
How? Nobody has figured out how to break the GOR and exit fees. The remaining schools have no incentive to allow either team leave early. What is the magic method that teams and teams of legal eagles cannot figure out but internet wannabe contract and entertainment attorneys have solved?

This is not directed at you, GBO. Just trying to grasp why posters believe they are smarter than literally thousands of attorneys, corporate executives, and school administrators.

How? Nobody has figured out how to break the GOR and exit fees. The remaining schools have no incentive to allow either team leave early. What is the magic method that teams and teams of legal eagles cannot figure out but internet wannabe contract and entertainment attorneys have solved?

This is not directed at you, GBO. Just trying to grasp why posters believe they are smarter than literally thousands of attorneys, corporate executives, and school administrators.
I wish I had an answer for you buddy. No one has a clue except for the admissions. Either they have figured it out after months and months of research, or FSU continues to complain publicly while Clemson does it privately for the next 13 years...

Our insiders seem to be hinting that Clemson and FSU will leave the conference by summer of next year at the latest...

GBO, with all due respect your insiders are morons if they believe that. The GOR is air tight (The league apparently had lawyers that deal with federal courts to see if they could find a way to break it). FSU/Clemson will lose a lot more than they gain if they leave next summer.

Most fans want to stay in the ACC. The fear, that I share, is that with the yearly increase in the financial divide it will make it harder to compete. What I mean by that is perception. There is already constant talk about the Power 2 so how long will it be before elite recruits only want to play in those two conferences. Once that happens, it will be extremely difficult to keep up and win at a consistent high level.
Those are fair concerns but kids will not clamor to the bottom half of either conference, not if they can win and get exposure for the NFL at FSU and Clemson ... and a few more.

GBO, with all due respect your insiders are morons if they believe that. The GOR is air tight (The league apparently had lawyers that deal with federal courts to see if they could find a way to break it). FSU/Clemson will lose a lot more than they gain if they leave next summer.
Hey, if Clemson and FSU want to pay out the nose to get smushed in the SEC or B1G, I'm all for it. The ACC is well-positioned to be league #3, regardless.

Clemson and FSU together don’t have as much money and lawyers as Texas and they couldn’t weasel out of it. They got out one year early for 50 million but FSU and Clemson think they will walk 13 years early. Good luck.

I hope they do make it to the SEC so all the BS calls go against them instead of for them. Both schools get preferred treatment in scheduling and refs from the ACC. That shyte won’t fly in the SEC. They will be treated like us.

The tree looks like its coming off a week long ecstasy binge at some music festival. That's what Walton probably looks like too after such an event. Haight Ashbury has been over for quite some time.
Has Bill Walton been seen since the PAC-12 was drawn and quartered? Hope the big guy's OK.

You just don't have an appreciation of the multitudinous permutations of college football.

Naturally the weak attempt at flattering the late Noah Webster doesn't land. Coming in flat on that one UMassAL

Has Bill Walton been seen since the PAC-12 was drawn and quartered? Hope the big guy's OK.
I don't think any execs want to give him any airtime, it could go crazy bad off the rails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom