ACC Refereeing | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Refereeing

Here ya go. You must have missed this:

No need to thank me. :)
That’s funny. I wasn’t replying to hoopsupstate. I even bolded a sentence for you but you were probably wearing your ref glasses. ;)

That’s funny. I wasn’t replying to hoopsupstate. I even bolded a sentence for you but you were probably wearing your ref glasses. ;)

I'm not surprised you couldn't make the connection.

blaming the refs is weak. same song after every loss. face facts. pc, marek and sid were vastly overmatched.

There were a lot of things SU did wrong in the first half, but they were instrumental in shaping the course of the game. IDK what to tell you.

Figures Cowtown didn't answer what handchecking is.

I have no idea where you're going with that. Nobody asked me about "hand checking." Would you like to take issue with something I did say, rather than what I didn't?

Teams like VPI/DUKE/Virginia/Pitt and Louisville of years past are at an incredible advantage because of the allowance of handchecking.
Maybe SU should try that defense instead of letting teams sit back and put up threes?

Handchecking is going to happen regardless. It's amatuer basketball. 90% of these guys won't be paid to play the game. They're just not that good, relatively.

As for SU fouls, a lot of it is just positioning. Syracuse is late to the spot a lot of times because they're playing an area and not the man. As result they're at a disadvantage and they're not in a strong defensive position relative to the ball handler. In tying to overcome that they tend to get caught reaching and swatting.

Last edited:
but everyone has unconscious bias, it is how we are made and is not debatable.

Example of an unconscious bias: noticing 100% of the bad calls that go against your team, but 0% of the bad calls that benefit your team, and coming to the perceived conclusion that the officiating world is out to get you.

It's like in the movie Rounders when Matt Damon says that poker players remember all of their bad beats with precise accuracy, but none of their winning hands.

I have no idea where you're going with that. Nobody asked me about "hand checking." Would you like to take issue with something I did say, rather than what I didn't?

I have zero issues with what you said. I have issues when officials ignore the rulebook and make calls that make zero sense.

Example of an unconscious bias: noticing 100% of the bad calls that go against your team, but 0% of the bad calls that benefit your team, and coming to the perceived conclusion that the officiating world is out to get you.

It's like in the movie Rounders when Matt Damon says that poker players remember all of their bad beats with precise accuracy, but none of their winning hands.
And then there are the calls you don't see at all.

Like that elbow that OB took to the side of the face on that open dunk vs. UNC?

Blatant minimum flagrant 1... Flagrant 2 and ejection at max. Game calling pundits were debating which they were gonna call.

Instead, no foul, UNC ball!

That was the one of the most blatant, worst no calls I've ever seen. Maybe THE worst.

Imagine if OB did that to Williamson last night?? He'd probably have been arrested...

Danny Schayes was on orange Nation today and said that Paschal's problem is that he gets too close to the guy he was defending. He needs some space between him and the offensive player and use his long arms in front of him rather than reaching.

(But somehow he played 30 minutes vs. Pitt and 7 minutes vs. Duke. )

First of all great movie. Second who said I didn’t see any missed calls against us. I did and saw some but the calls against us were pretty bad last night

Like that elbow that OB took to the side of the face on that open dunk vs. UNC?

Blatant minimum flagrant 1... Flagrant 2 and ejection at max. Game calling pundits were debating which they were gonna call.

Instead, no foul, UNC ball!

That was the one of the most blatant, worst no calls I've ever seen. Maybe THE worst.

Imagine if OB did that to Williamson last night?? He'd probably have been arrested...
It’s baffling but people continue to say I’m imagining it and it’s called fair

Danny Schayes was on orange Nation today and said that Paschal's problem is that he gets too close to the guy he was defending. He needs some space between him and the offensive player and use his long arms in front of him rather than reaching.

Actually I recorded the game (in case we won which I woulda been watching all day today) and Chewy had his hands straight up standing still on two fouls where Zion drove into him. And of people can’t see that the calls last night and against UNC and other Duke games were one sided, maybe they need to put on Chewys goggles

I don't bitch about the zebras. But there was an agenda in this game. Pascal and marek were taken completely out of the first half on touch fouls allowing Zion to go off against Sidibe. It wasn't in the Friday night Espn script to have Cuse play UNC with Zion healthy. And K kept the starters in to the final horn still jacking up threes. F the ACC, we will never get a fair shake down there. Proud of our kids without tyus taking it to them.
There's a better way to f the ACC. Get a well-known big on staff and watch our 4/5 recruiting sky-rocket. We need bulk in the middle like oxygen. So tired of getting tomahawked by UNC/Duh-K, and seeing excuses (from otherwise knowledgeable posters) why 180 lb. forwards are "just fine" in the middle. Did MD play hard? Of course. I love him as a player. And Frank, OB and Buddy manned up. We just need more beef. There are plenty of scholarships ... bring on the burgers!

Last edited:
There's a better way to f the ACC. Get a well-known big on staff and watch our 4/5 recruiting sky-rocket. We need bulk in the middle like oxygen. So tired of getting tomahawked by UNC/Duh-K, and seeing excuses (from otherwise knowledgeable posters) why 180 lb. forwards are "just fine" in the middle. Did MD play hard? Of course. I love him as a player. And Frank, OB and Buddy manned up. We just need more beef. There are plenty of scholarships ... bring on the burgers!

Stewart woulda helped or Dajuan before his bionic knees. Rewatching the tourney rum From a few years ago. Roberson was an absolute beast on the boards. It’s weird how are big guys bring that like 1/4 games though

or the one he threw at ty jerome off the ball ?

Why wouldn't he think he could get away with it after that UNC whistle swallow?

He got decked and a contusion on his head from that elbow in a 1v1 dunk.

Jerome was barely grazed in midst of rebound scrum in the pack.

But if you're with Jay Williams, OB should be arrested by ice and deported.

i don't blame the refs for losses. i don't believe there is an agenda against us. and when we lose we lose.
sorry i can't join the mob that believes every loss is somebody else's fault and blames the officiating.

i don't blame the refs for losses. i don't believe there is an agenda against us. and when we lose we lose.
sorry i can't join the mob that believes every loss is somebody else's fault and blames the officiating.

I don't either.

Just the UNC and dook games.

There's enough body of evidence at this point to make a strong case.

Christ, the lowered shoulder charges they are calling on Barrett in this game are exactly the same charges they called blocks on Dolezaj when Barrett steamrolled him when they beat us at home

Last edited:

Fellow Yankee opponent vs. Carolina mafia opponent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom