ACC Schedule !!!!! | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule !!!!!

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but is the Liberty game locked into Saturday, or could it still be moved to Friday night as the TV schedule is developed?

New plan for parking passes is due to be announced next week. Traditionally you needed to be a donor with donations of at least $300 (recently raised to $500) in order to purchase passes in the West Lots. Donation requirement INCLUDES preferred seating donation so a couple of A level seats gets you there. HOWEVER, changes are being made as referenced above.

Worst case, park at MLK school. It's a five minute walk to a staircase that takes you directly into the Fine Lot. Many of our group use that option and swear by it.

here anything on the new plan?

First Blush

I might sponsor up to 4 road tailgates this Fall. I'll probably look at up to 75 for @Maryland and @FSU.

@Maryland is a given (I'll definitely avoid the upper deck for tix)
@FSU is a given

I might do either or both (@Liberty and @ Duke). I have to hash out a few things.

For CNY'ers planning on attending the FSU game. I recommend flying into Tampa, St Pete, Orlando or Atlanta). Check Allegiant and Frontier first. Southwest has a nonstop to Tampa out of Rochester. JetBlue IIRC has one to Orlando too from Syracuse.

I booked two separate reservations into Perry. FL. One for Friday night and one for Saturday night. I only plan to stay in Perry one night. Early kickoff I'll drive up Friday. Later kickoff I'll drive up early Saturday and stay Saturday night after the game. Not sure I would recommend staying over by Panama City/Apalachicola yet (hurricane recovery). However, it is worth a look.
I'll probably fly into New Orleans and drive over from there Friday.

One could argue either way, but as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, an early season loss is generally better than a later season loss when it comes to rankings, etc. So make sure you don't lose to TA&M, because two losses would be devastating to your CFP chances;):cool::p.
BTW, I hope your able to make it up for the game! (I know you can't say yet...)
An early in the season loss doesn't kill you so that is the only plus I can think of yes.

Yeah I hope I can. Would love for a chance to check out the campus.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but is the Liberty game locked into Saturday, or could it still be moved to Friday night as the TV schedule is developed?
Well TV is controlled by Liberty. Nothing is guaranteed, If you plan to go, book rooms that can be changed.
A Friday night game isn't the worst thing...leaves the rest of Labor Day weekend for other stuff. I tend to think we would hear something by May/June. ESPN likes to put out the first three weeks early.

Last edited:
TAMU is a trap game for Clemson. How cool is that!

On a serious note, if Clemson only loses to SU, they would still be in the mix for the CFP, depending on the final ranking, though they would miss out on the ACC Title.
875.gif

Not a good schedule for me. I really wanted to be there for Clemson. But I WILL make a lot of money selling those tickets, on the good side. Orange Central is Holy Cross? Holy boring Batman!! I have to be there for this game. I could potentially also be in for the Western Michigan game. SU football might want to pay for me to come for Clemson as I am undefeated in the last 4 games I have come to see (and that includes the Clemson win 2 years ago).

I might be in the minority but I enjoyed Dr Gross’ philosophy on scheduling. To be the best you want to play the best. I don’t understand playing Liberty and Holy Cross. This does nothing for us and gains us zero respect.

I might be in the minority but I enjoyed Dr Gross’ philosophy on scheduling. To be the best you want to play the best. I don’t understand playing Liberty and Holy Cross. This does nothing for us and gains us zero respect.

Agreed - once you actually have the team to compete. Going 4-8 against a top 10 schedule, or going 10-3 against a top 40 schedule. Which do you really prefer?

Back when we first played LSU we just simply couldn't compete. The idea is to schedule lighter for a few years, that way when you win 8-11 games you start getting better recruits because kids like winning. Then once you feel like you're an established team you can play a game like LSU, USC, Wisconsin, etc.

Imagine if we swapped out WMU and UConn this past year with an LSU and another top 25 team. Not saying we automatically lose those games but the difference between (pre-bowl) 7-5 and 9-3 is a big difference.

Also with Clemson and FSU locked into our schedule every year I am okay with taking Holy Cross and Liberty too

Agreed - once you actually have the team to compete. Going 4-8 against a top 10 schedule, or going 10-3 against a top 40 schedule. Which do you really prefer?

Back when we first played LSU we just simply couldn't compete. The idea is to schedule lighter for a few years, that way when you win 8-11 games you start getting better recruits because kids like winning. Then once you feel like you're an established team you can play a game like LSU, USC, Wisconsin, etc.

Imagine if we swapped out WMU and UConn this past year with an LSU and another top 25 team. Not saying we automatically lose those games but the difference between (pre-bowl) 7-5 and 9-3 is a big difference.

Also with Clemson and FSU locked into our schedule every year I am okay with taking Holy Cross and Liberty too

To be the best you have to go undefeated in season, win your conference and conference championship. That gets you into the playoff. It doesn't matter that you played Liberty and Holy Cross early on.

Alabama played LVille, Arkansas St, TheCitadel in 2018. Their 2019 schedule is Duke, New Mexico St, Southern Miss and Western Carolina.

You schedule for success because PERCEPTION is everything. Recruits want to see 10-3 and juicy bowl games. They don't want to see 7-5 & 6-6 because they don't reason that you played a gauntlet of a schedule.

Imagine if we swapped UConn and WMU out for LSU and another top 25 and lost both games? The whole season is blah then. Is Michigan looking to swap out WMU ? no

Last edited:
You might enjoyed it, but it is terrible for the team at this time. SU needs to do what all teams do. The goals for the team is to get to 6 wins minimum, have a winning ACC schedule, and compete for the conference title.
Examples: Clemson plays Wofford and Charlotte, NC State plays West Carolina and Ball State, Virginia Tech plays Rhode Island, Furman, Old Dominion(which beat VTech last year).

Those two wins mean more than respectful losses.

All you see on here is how the '97, '98 and '12 underachieved, and those teams all played three or more P5 teams OOC.

A. You know Liberty is D1 (FBS), right? In upcoming years, in addition to SU, Liberty plays UVa, VT, Ole Miss, Rutgers, Wake, NC St, Duke, and UNC among other P5 teams. I guess it does nothing for them and earns them zero respect.
B. Every single ACC team plays one FCS team. All but one Big XII team (TX) plays an FCS team. B1G plays 9 conference games, so they have one less OOC game and 5 of them still play an FCS opponent. 5 of the PAC 12 don't. Every SEC team plays an FCS team. So overall, more than 75% of P5 teams play an FCS team in 2019. I don't see that changing.

At this point, it makes no sense to overload the schedule. We play one FCS, one P5, and two non-P5 FBS teams. Perfect.

Those two wins mean more than respectful losses.

All you see on here is how the '97, '98 and '12 underachieved, and those teams all played three or more P5 teams OOC.

But no one has anything but great memories of those exciting years, while nobody ever remembers a game against the non-conference dregs.

Whatever. We've all got our opinions, and nothing anyone says here is moving the needle for people on the other side.

But no one has anything but great memories of those exciting years, while nobody ever remembers a game against the non-conference dregs.

Whatever. We've all got our opinions, and nothing anyone says here is moving the needle for people on the other side.

I mostly remember losing to Tennessee and NC State twice. I vividly remember Dee Brown's fumble at home against NC State. I would preferred to have not remembered a 58-10 throttling of some patsy that year.

It was a different time if you had NC aspirations though. The idea now is to make the playoff, you can have your marquee memory games then.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom