ACC Schedule !!!!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule !!!!!

CLEMSON
Look at the home games for Syracuse for 2019. Besides Clemson, we have Western Michigan, Holy Cross, Wake Forest, Boston College and Pitt.

Sure sounds like Clemson.

If it is Clemson, I am sure there will be a game day and if there is a game day, gbo will be glad because the game will not be played on a Friday night.

If the Clemson game is played on 9/14, they almost have to have it a night game.
You know the crowd will be a sell out or near sell out. If you have 49,500 people in the Dome for a noon to 3:30 pm start and it is a humid, sunny day with temperature in the high 80s, low 90s (very possible for that time of year), there will be a lot of people who will get sick and need medical care. You can't fill the Dome with enough cold water to avoid an epic disaster.

FYI, I checked and the high in Syracuse on 9/14/18 was 82.

Sure, that was FSU weekend - remember how hellishly hot it was inside and out? That was epic.
I remember. I sit one row from the top of the Dome. That old axiom that heat rises? Turns out it is very very true!

Adding 15K or 20K additional fans in the place on a day that like that one would not be a good idea. That promised AC cannot get here fast enough.

I remember. I sit one row from the top of the Dome. That old axiom that heat rises? Turns out it is very very true!

Adding 15K or 20K additional fans in the place on a day that like that one would not be a good idea. That promised AC cannot get here fast enough.
Yes but if Clemson players pass out before our players do that's all that matters.

Literally felt like 10 degrees difference from the field to the top of the Dome on hot days

I hope Clemson's not on the 14th. Considering both teams' attrition, Syracuse is going to need more time to gel. This isn't like Florida State in 2018.

Also, a loss that early would take away momentum in what could be a special season.
We got drubbed by Kirk Herbstreit in the 3rd game of 1992 and I think many would look back on that season as being pretty special.

Always enjoy your predictions. Hope this one's wrong, at least for Pitt, because I've got a wedding in Pittsburgh that weekend. And that would make 3 out of 4 seasons that coincidentally I've been in the Pittsburgh area on the day of the SU-Pitt game and couldn't make it.
Could easily see pitt and wake flipped or away

Don’t know if this true or not but a Clemson leak I saw has them at Louisville week 3 and at Syracuse week 6.
So don’t know but that would be better for us.
I wonder if we would get a bye week 3 then.

I'll be booking hotels today once the schedule drops. I tend to go with the 2nd tier Hilton Garden Inn type places so not as concerned about the hotels right on campus (the Sheraton is NOT a $300 hotel). The home opener (whatever it is), BC, and probably 2 more home games.

Clemson week three would be ridiculous

ESPN Gameday wish fulfillment over a favorable schedule, I'll side with a favorable schedule every time.

Sept. OOC with an open week in the middle, a favorable ACC opener will lead to a likely 5-0 hosting Clemson = Gameday anyways.

Someone on Nunes said the only opponents with week 3 open are @FSU and Clemson.

Clemson week three would be ridiculous

ESPN Gameday wish fulfillment over a favorable schedule, I'll side with a favorable schedule every time.

Sept. OOC with an open week in the middle, a favorable ACC opener will lead to a likely 5-0 hosting Clemson = Gameday anyways.

I fully plan on bringing shame to my family should there be an opportunity to hold up signs on espn

I do not want Clemson week 3, I am a little worried about the Maryland game, they lose a lot on offensive line, but both their QBs are athletic and fast, I think we win, but definitely not a lay up. Would hate to lose to them looking with Clemson looming.

Don’t know if this true or not but a Clemson leak I saw has them at Louisville week 3 and at Syracuse week 6.
I would think if the conference wants its most important games relatively late in the season, Syracuse-Clemson would be held off until at least week 10 or week 11. Clemson and FSU have been playing in those weeks for a while now. I assume this was because that matchup was thought likely to decide the Atlantic division winner.

I would not look forward to playing FSU in Tallahassee in week 3 because of the heat factor, but that program is going through some massive changes and it wouldn’t be a bad thing to play them before they have a chance to get their act together.

I would think if the conference wants its most important games relatively late in the season, Syracuse-Clemson would be held off until at least week 10 or week 11. Clemson and FSU have been playing in those weeks for a while now. I assume this was because that matchup was thought likely to decide the Atlantic division winner.

I would not look forward to playing FSU in Tallahassee in week 3 because of the heat factor, but that program is going through some massive changes and it wouldn’t be a bad thing to play them before they have a chance to get their act together.

3 road games to open the season would be interesting. A 3-0 start with 3 road wins could have us in the top 10 with a heavily home-tilted schedule in our last 9. On the other hand though, 3 road games with a new starting QB is not my favorite idea

Louisville is already scheduled to play Western Kentucky on September 14th. “On Sept. 14, the Hilltoppers face Louisville at Nissan Stadium, home of the NFL’s Tennessee Titans.”

Looks like Clemson at home, Florida State on the road, or a bye (although another post says Zunic Award is scheduled to take place on Setpember 14th). I would much rather have a bye in Week 5

Last edited:
Two years ago we actually flew in and out of Atlanta for the Clemson game. Hotels there Saturday Night was way cheaper than anywhere near Clemson Getting in and out of Clemson is a chore, but we had our first Bojangles experience!
I drive up from Tampa Bay. I stay in Perry. The motels run from $60 to $120. The town is shardhole but I'm just spending 8-10 hours there.

I think he meant teams we’re actually eligible to play

yep, so if we don't get Clemson on the 14th, the only other two options are pretty crappy: a very early bye or at FSU, which means 3 straight road games to start the season.

I'd take FSU early in week 3. I have a feeling they'll be a much improved team at the end of the season compared to the beginning of the year (plus they have a really rough start to the season with WVU being September 5th and Boise State being the 19th).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom