ACC Schedule !!!!! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule !!!!!

I'll be booking hotels today once the schedule drops. I tend to go with the 2nd tier Hilton Garden Inn type places so not as concerned about the hotels right on campus (the Sheraton is NOT a $300 hotel). The home opener (whatever it is), BC, and probably 2 more home games.

We like to stay at the Sheraton for evening games (short walk, baked-in parking, pet friendly) and one of the Hampton Inn's for day games (the one on Erie is convenient, pool/hot tub are clean well-maintained, free breakfast).

We like to stay at the Sheraton for evening games (short walk, baked-in parking, pet friendly) and one of the Hampton Inn's for day games (the one on Erie is convenient, pool/hot tub are clean well-maintained, free breakfast).
I hear ya. I'll sometimes do the crowne or parkview for that reason, but rarely want to deal with the $ of the sheraton. Back pre-renovation, the genesee was a great affordable option but since they redid it, they have becoming outlandishly priced

It should be interesting to see what effect the ACC Network will have on the schedule, as well as the change in our status in the conference (we will probably be considered the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference.

I think we will likely see less noon starts for both reasons. It was common to have 2 or 3 ACC games that started at noon or 12:30 pm in past years. Raycom specials sponsored by Mellow Mushroom and Bojangles.

I think this will only happen now if ESPN/ESPN2/ABC is showing an ACC game at noon, as the ACC will arranges things to have 3 games every Saturday on the ACC Network, starting at noon, 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm.

I don't think they announce start times tomorrow though.

There were 4 Thursday night games and 5 Friday night games last year. We play in one last year and will probably play in one or two this year.

Will the ACC Network show games on Thursday and Friday nights? As far as I can tell, the SEC doesn't schedule games on Thursday or Friday nights. Period. with a possible exception for the first week of the season, when things are looser with no classes in session.

But the ACC does. Will they show live games on Thursday or Friday nights? I think the extra Raycom inventory will pretty much be used up to cover the ACC Network Saturday live game requirements. It looks like they might have a couple of games they could move to a weekday night to provide more live content, on weeks there are no ACC games played on weekday nights on the regular ESPN channels, and on these occasions, I suspect they will probably sneak a couple more weekday night games in.

So keep an eye on the number of Thursday and Friday night games announced.

Selfishly, I want the FSU game in Tallahassee scheduled for late in the season, so I can get a golfing/football vacation in after golf has been shut down in CNY. FSU will probably play a tomato can the second last week of the season to rest up for Florida. Maybe we could play them the week before that? That would be week 12.
Kickoff times generally are not announced until 12 days before the game unless an ACC game is a Thursday or Friday night ESPN game.

Kickoff times generally are not announced until 12 days before the game unless an ACC game is a Thursday or Friday night ESPN game.

Yep. Given that I prefer afternoon games, I think this time around I may book hotel reservations for all the games and just cancel the ones that dont work for me a week before

Who knows, Syracuse might have begged the ACC for a bye in week 3 or @fsu to give them extra weeks and time to work on Dome renovations. I wouldn’t hate this option.

Would prefer to see Clemson late in the season to decide who will be in the ACC Championship. Would 100% be a sellout at that point.

SYRACUSE Date Opponent
Aug. 31 at Liberty
Sept. 7 at Maryland
Sept. 14 CLEMSON
Sept. 21 WESTERN MICHIGAN
Sept. 28 HOLY CROSS
Oct. 5 BYE
Oct. 10 at NC State (Thurs.)
Oct. 18 PITT (Fri.)
Oct. 26 at Florida State
Nov. 2 BOSTON COLLEGE
Nov. 9 BYE
Nov. 16 at Duke
Nov. 23 at Louisville
Nov. 30 WAKE FOREST

I like the schedule a lot to be honest. Especially that nice Bye week followed by a Thursday game.

Three consecutive Saturdays without a game. October 5, 12,19.

Senior Day against Wake? Guess they decided the BC rivalry thing could be tossed out the window.

Eh, Clemson on the 14th is kind of dumb. I'm glad they gave us a bye for the second week of November.

Senior Day against Wake? Guess they decided the BC rivalry thing could be tossed out the window.

Eh, Clemson on the 14th is kind of dumb. I'm glad they gave us a bye for the second week of November.
It can only happen when Pitt/Miami/Duke have Boston College on the schedule.

NC State gets a Thursday night home game a lot I figured we would be the draw this year since we are solid and Clemson wouldn’t want it.

Three consecutive Saturdays without a game. October 5, 12,19.

Ya gotta be honest not a fan of that at all. Put Pitt on Saturday and it feels a lot better. Sat is college football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom