ACC Schedule !!!!! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule !!!!!

If we start 2-0 Clemson will be ESPN Gameday game
I just hope their are no good week 2 matchups. A&M-Clemson looks like a top 15 battle and if they go there will they do back to back Clemson games?

Hopefully Gameday goes to LSU at Texas week 2 and not A&M at Clemson

Clemson has a gauntlet to start the year.
Georgia Tech
Texas A&M
@ Syracuse
That is hard.

not easy, but Tech is going to be installing a brand new offense(and it's at Death Valley). TAMU is certainly tough but again with it being in Death Valley they will win by 14 at least. now that 3rd game is going to be rough

SYRACUSE Date Opponent
Aug. 31 at Liberty
Sept. 7 at Maryland
Sept. 14 CLEMSON
Sept. 21 WESTERN MICHIGAN
Sept. 28 HOLY CROSS
Oct. 10 at NC State (Thurs.)
Oct. 18 PITT (Fri.)
Oct. 26 at Florida State
Nov. 2 BOSTON COLLEGE
Nov. 16 at Duke
Nov. 23 at Louisville
Nov. 30 WAKE FOREST

Overall pretty decent I think. Feels a bit like an SEC schedule playing a 1AA that late (yes I know they play them in November as well) but all in all pretty good. Obviously I wish we were playing Clemson later in the year but clearly that was the only date that we could match up on. Not a huge fan of the non Sat games especially the Thursday night game but what can you do. Love the bye before the last three games especially with back to back road games coming right after. Assuming we can start off 2-0, that Clemson game sets up ENORMOUS.

not easy, but Tech is going to be installing a brand new offense(and it's at Death Valley). TAMU is certainly tough but again with it being in Death Valley they will win by 14 at least. now that 3rd game is going to be rough
Conference did the best team no favors.

Agreed. Game 1 vs a new HC/system at home should be a gimme for the Clemson machine

No schedule is ever laid out perfectly. Seems fine to me. Upside to getting Clemson on 9/14 is that the fanbase will be into the season from the jump. That'll help ticket sales for the entire season I suspect. Not having BC to close the season doesn't matter much, it's a decent little tradition when it can happen, but it's not exactly Army-Navy. Chance to close the year strong with that BC/Duke/Louisville/Wake finish.

No schedule is ever laid out perfectly. Seems fine to me. Upside to getting Clemson on 9/14 is that the fanbase will be into the season from the jump. That'll help ticket sales for the entire season I suspect. Not having BC to close the season doesn't matter much, it's a decent little tradition when it can happen, but it's not exactly Army-Navy. Chance to close the year strong with that BC/Duke/Louisville/Wake finish.

I actually prefer BC not being Thxgiving weekend so we'll have students in the house (theoretically).

Agree about your point re: fans being engaged right off the bat. Usually those first couple of cupcakes draw flies but hopefully with a good Clemson performance, that should push bigger crowds for the 2 following games.

Clemson has a gauntlet to start the year.
Georgia Tech
Texas A&M
@ Syracuse
That is hard.
That will help make the early game against Clemson more palatable. The Tigers are going to be a little preoccupied before they play us and might be a little banged up. You can't have everything and I guess we can be happy that we will probably finally host a Game Day. That game will be a night game now, which my sweat glands will greatly appreciate.

While we play twice on weekdays, we don't have to deal with any short weeks. Cool how they had one happen after a bye and the Friday game played the week after the Thursday game.

I like playing Duke relatively late. That makes that one a combined football/golf road trip.

Finishing with UL and Wake is going to be weird. We have a relatively easy schedule late for the first time in a while.

If we beat Maryland the Dome will be sold out or really close as the home opener at night will be get people.
That game at worst will be ACCN primetime if ABC primetime passes.
It won’t be a 3:30 game.

Overall, good with the schedule. Would've liked Devito to get a few more games under his belt before Clemson. Hope he's ready for them in week 3.

Who makes these schedules? Its unbelievable to me that they’re putting Clemson in the dome in week 3 after they play jimbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom