ACC tournament projection v.7.5 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC tournament projection v.7.5

I think the big 10 is overrated this year but I don’t think UNC would be top 5 either.

So, your post got me thinking. I went back and looked at the records in the JB era (76-77 season through present). I knew there were several times this has happened, but I wanted to see the record. The results were a bit eye-opening.

It has happened 5 times that we have closed the regular season with an opponent and the faced them in the very next game in the conference tournament.

The surprising thing is that we are 5-0 in the conference tournament rematch, while being 2-3 in the previous game. The results are below. I'm not sure if this supports your theory or not (small sample size, one bounce the other way and we're 3-2 in the final regular season game, etc.). But I thought it was interesting.

YearTeam
Final Game
Conf Tourney
80-81St. John's
L​
W​
82-83G'town
L​
W​
91-92Nova
L​
W​
92-93Pitt
W​
W​
95-96ND
W​
W​

I remember that Nova one. I think they whooped us in the Dome by like 20 and we gutted out a 55-50 type win the BET. That was one where our science teacher rolled in the old TV monitors so we watch in class, as it was an afternoon game.

Good research btw, interesting stuff

I remember that Nova one. I think they whooped us in the Dome by like 20 and we gutted out a 55-50 type win the BET. That was one where our science teacher rolled in the old TV monitors so we watch in class, as it was an afternoon game.

Good research btw, interesting stuff
Good memory. Lost at home by 20 (76-56) and won the first game of the BET 55-52.

BTW, we ended up winning the BET that year. :)

Playing a team back to back like that allows them plenty of time to make adjustments to what they just saw days ago. I just think it makes it harder for us.
That works both ways. Sure, if the team that won doesn't learn anything, then the losing team has an advantage, but that's not a given.

I think the big 10 is overrated this year but I don’t think UNC would be top 5 either.

There are only three B1G teams definitely better than UNC: Maryland, Michigan State and Ohio State. Most B1G schools except the three will lose their first game in NCAA tournament.

So if we win or NC State losses, were the 5 seed

5 plays the winner of the 12/13 game

- If we beat Miami, they finish 6-14. If NC State beats Wake, Wake finishes 6-14. This way even if UNC loses to Duke, UNC (who has the tie breaker) would get the 11 seed. Like many have said we want to avoid UNC round 1

I just want to do whatever it is needed to be done to avoid UNC, even if it means losing to Miami!
There will never be a good reason to lose to Miami.

Everything broke correctly for us to finish 5th in the ACC. Hopefully we bring our A game on Saturday and shut down the Miami 3-point shooters -- Lykes and Vasiljevic and Wong and McGusty. Miami shot 12% against GT and 25% against UVA yesterday on 3s. Unfortunately they are due.
With girard and Boeheim usual stellar defensive effort those poor shooting numbers by Miami are bound to continue

Funny how last week at this time most thought we would walk over UNC. Now we want to avoid them more than corona virus.
Who thought su was going to walk over that match up nightmare?

With girard and Boeheim usual stellar defensive effort those poor shooting numbers by Miami are bound to continue

and a sketchy line at -1 nonetheless. Vegas begging you to take cuse. Hate everything about it. Someone will have career high in 3s today

and a sketchy line at -1 nonetheless. Vegas begging you to take cuse. Hate everything about it. Someone will have career high in 3s today

totally agree. As a rule I don’t bet cuse games but this I would definitely avoid

if cuse lville and duke win do we avoid unc and duke? or does more crap have to happen?

if cuse lville and duke win do we avoid unc and duke? or does more crap have to happen?
You want Duke and Louisville to win and then if we win yes Virginia would be the 4 and Florida State the 1 and Pitt-UNC in 11-14 game.

You want Duke and Louisville to win and then if we win yes Virginia would be the 4 and Florida State the 1 and Pitt-UNC in 11-14 game.

thank u! if that happens i think we can make some magic happen

all they've got to do is guard the line tomorrow and they win.
jimmy would never face guard the shooters but that’s all it would take. Instead we defend the twilight zone at the foul line like it’s got buried secrets.

I may have missed it but if we end up in a 3-way tie with NC State and Norte Dame, I believe State finishes 5th but who takes 6th?

I may have missed it but if we end up in a 3-way tie with NC State and Norte Dame, I believe State finishes 5th but who takes 6th?
I believe it was said a page or 2 back that we do

1. Florida State
2. Virginia
3. Louisville
4. Duke
5. NC State
6. Syracuse
7. Notre Dame
8. Clemson
9. Miami
10. Boston College beat UVA
11. Virginia Tech
12. TBA
13. TBA
14. TBA

Looks like UNC will be either 11 or 14 so Cuse will draw them either way. Cool, cool

Looks like UNC will be either 11 or 14 so Cuse will draw them either way. Cool, cool
If UNC wins they will be the 12 if they lose they will be 14.

Which means we would play the winner of Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina.

If UNC wins then will we get the winner of Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh.

Got it. Well I’ll miss most of it as I fly at 8pm. Probably for the best!
I fly Jet blue or delta which have WiFi or TVs so I would watch them on the plane.
What airline you using. Most have WiFi if you wanted to torch yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom