ACCNetwork is worthless | Syracusefan.com

ACCNetwork is worthless

Isn’t this what u kids want????

Games not on cable and only streamed on puny iPhones and iPads that freeze, yet u can save $4 a month????

Put these games on cable or don’t put them on at all.

That way it would save me a ton of frustration.

At some point I think we need to stop blaming Watchespn or accnetwork and maybe look to SU.

I stream every sporting event I watch, and hardly ever have a problem. The rare times I do, it’s a Cuse game.

I feel like I need to hire my own IT guy just to watch a basketball game.

What are the ppl with the crystal clear game feeds doing differently than me? I’m paying 40 bucks a month for my internet through Spectrum.

I miss the good old days when I could watch EVERY game on tv in HD. How have we regressed in that regard? It’s so odd to me.

Last edited:
At some point I think we need to stop blaming Watchespn or accnetwork and maybe look to SU.

I stream every sporting event I watch, and hardly ever have a problem. The rare times I do, it’s a Cuse game.
I'm not saying your wrong, but how is SU at fault? I don't have nearly enough technical expertise to know how the ESPN network works. Is a poor quality stream from SU to ESPN servers or something else entirely?

Had an issue as well. I’m in Southwestern CT and have Optimum. Have friends in NYC that I was texting during the game that have TimeWarner - or whatever it is now- and they were having same exact issues.

Tells me it’s not the provider.

I have wondered this before as well. Syracuse's are the only streamed games I have problems with ... other team no peblem

Had an issue as well. I’m in Southwestern CT and have Optimum. Have friends in NYC that I was texting during the game that have TimeWarner - or whatever it is now- and they were having same exact issues.

Tells me it’s not the provider.
I'm outside Houston, TX and the stream on Watch ESPN didn't work for me for about the first 6 minutes or so of game action - but every other ACC game on at the same time did load properly. Had to have been a problem with this specific game feed - definitely was not your internet provider.

My feed often becomes very blurry during the game but I chalk that up to teenage daughters watching stupid youtube videos while I'm trying to watch the game.

the half that was not frozen

I think some members of the board are fans of Frozen, if I remember some posts corrrectly. I think they blame it on the kids or something, lol.

It really is a joke. Somehow, with all of the advances in technology, the game watching experience has regressed.

I agree, but I think the CONCEPT has great future potential. Tons of games that we couldnt see before(from other schools), which I'd guess might keep folks like Marsh in front of the stream in much of his free time, if it didnt freeze. The current application/performance of the concept is leaving a lot to be desired. Again, I feel for the older folks or anyone that just isnt adept with technology, who dont watch it at all.

Anyone else have an issue with the repetitive commercials? Seeing the same commercial 20 times in a game can wear on some of us. Sometimes I see the same commercial twice during the break. I kind of miss the recycling one from a couple of years ago though, it kind of comforted me for some reason. Maybe subconsciously I related it to reincarnation?

Anyone else have an issue with the repetitive commercials? Seeing the same commercial 20 times in a game can wear on some of us. Sometimes I see the same commercial twice during the break. I kind of miss the recycling one from a couple of years ago though, it kind of comforted me for some reason. Maybe subconsciously I related it to reincarnation?

I mentioned in the game thread that the ESPN app ad was designed to taunt viewers. I stand by that.

Man, if they ever fix that issue, I’ll kiss someone

I'm outside Houston, TX and the stream on Watch ESPN didn't work for me for about the first 6 minutes or so of game action - but every other ACC game on at the same time did load properly. Had to have been a problem with this specific game feed - definitely was not your internet provider.

My feed often becomes very blurry during the game but I chalk that up to teenage daughters watching stupid youtube videos while I'm trying to watch the game.
Same experience here in NC. First 5 to 6 min error loading, try again (I love that message!!). Once it come on it was OK. During first 5/6 min all other games were loading OK. Had to be Syracuse feed.

I'm in Maryland using Fios and had many of the same problems. In addition to the problems at the beginning of the game, the stream kept freezing up constantly. I've had similar problems before with the stream of Cuse games, but this one was the worst by far.

I'm in Maryland using Fios and had many of the same problems. In addition to the problems at the beginning of the game, the stream kept freezing up constantly. I've had similar problems before with the stream of Cuse games, but this one was the worst by far.

Agree, it was the worst it has ever been. I got so frustrated when the freezing continued in the 2nd half, I gave up and went to Plan B. I stayed off Twitter and the board for an hour and watched the replay around 9:30pm as if it were live. And good news -- absolutely zero freezing at that time! Now I will go back and watch the first half again to see what I missed the first time (and it sounds like everyone missed the first 5 minutes till the TO).

Last edited:
My screen froze so many times just as a shot approached the rim that I swear I was being Punk'd...there's no way it could be coincidental THAT many times. Also, every time it resumed after freezing, Frank Howard was lying on the ground lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom