Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL

He’s brought some press (but of course, it’s mostly about himself) so I would call him a net zero when it comes to impacting SU basketball at this point. As for complaining about him? He’s had some very serious issues in the past both legally and personally that have affected quite a few people in the community. He is making amends for them which is admirable, but i would stop short of calling any hate toward him purely a result of jealousy.
The only knock on him I am aware of is the federal jail time for passing bad checks? Would be interested in hearing what else you are referring to.

And yes I will admit that a blanket statement on being jealous is the wrong way to characterize it.

I dislike when people blindly hate him, I also dislike when people act like he’s gods gift to upstate NY.

I also see his new project with Jeff Knauss as a bs smoke and mirrors show in my opinion.

The only knock on him I am aware of is the federal jail time for passing bad checks? Would be interested in hearing what else you are referring to.

And yes I will admit that a blanket statement on being jealous is the wrong way to characterize it.

I dislike when people blindly hate him, I also dislike when people act like he’s gods gift to upstate NY.

I also see his new project with Jeff Knauss as a bs smoke and mirrors show in my opinion.
He’s had some run ins with locals that have left a bad taste in people’s mouths. Shortly after he was was released from prison, he wasn’t exactly the bastion of human decency in many situations. I have heard he has changed considerably lately though.

And yes, his latest venture is at best, a stupid money grab and at worst a soon-to-be Ponzi scheme

79A8DB87-9962-4F8F-A1AC-7C106D84409B.png
Hope he isn’t wearing Wake gear.

People who say "who cares" or "odd" to Weitsman bringing celebrities to the Dome/ around SU really do not get the big picture of modern college athletics. In a year like this when there's absolutely zero momentum around the program, the need to stay relevant is more crucial than ever, especially to recruits. This is a recruiting tool.

Complain about the on-court product all you want, the guy bringing more star power and eyes to the program is not and will not be the issue.

People who say "who cares" to Weitsman bringing celebrities to the Dome/ around SU really do not get the big picture of modern college athletics. In a year like this when there's absolutely zero momentum around the program, the need to stay relevant is more crucial than ever, especially to recruits. This is a recruiting tool.

Complain about the on-court product all you want, the guy bringing more star power and eyes to the program is not and will not be the issue.

If Giannis is hanging with the players after or talking to some recruits at the game sure. Otherwise it's just another celeb catching a game at the Dome. So far there is no evidence these celeb visits are doing much for us.

Billion dollars in bad checks.

People who say "who cares" or "odd" to Weitsman bringing celebrities to the Dome/ around SU really do not get the big picture of modern college athletics. In a year like this when there's absolutely zero momentum around the program, the need to stay relevant is more crucial than ever, especially to recruits. This is a recruiting tool.

Obviously, Adam can do what he likes. If he can convince somebody to come watch SU w/ him, good for him; but nobody is coming to play for SU because Mr. Weitsman got somebody to attend an SU game. Now if Giannis or his relatives were playing or coaching that might matter.

If Giannis is hanging with the players after or talking to some recruits at the game sure. Otherwise it's just another celeb catching a game at the Dome. So far there is no evidence these celeb visits are doing much for us.
Of course he can't coach the players, but in NIL era, starpower and presence will become only a bigger deal aka in recruiting, as he has mentioned. Weitsman is putting SU in a position to point at his influence and will only help the program in a time where money and status matter more than ever in college sports to attract top talent.

They're 9-10, nobody would be talking about that game, now they are. This brings more eyes on the game and allows the program to promote that stars will be at their games.

His presence being anything but a positive is bizarre to me.

They're 9-10, nobody would be talking about that game, now they are. This brings more eyes on the game and allows the program to promote that stars will be at their games.

Are these things we want with this current product?

Is this weird to anyone else? I concede that I may just be out of touch and old, and I’m a huge nba fan (and love Giannis), but is this really helping us?

If it is, hey, I’m all for it. Keep running it back.

Just likely an out of touch old guy not seeing it.

It’s cool for Weistman.
He likes going to SU games.
Giannis is cool guest. I wish we had a good team it would create buzz but when we are mediocre it doesn’t help.

Of course he can't coach the players, but in NIL era, starpower and presence will become only a bigger deal aka in recruiting, as he has mentioned. Weitsman is putting SU in a position to point at his influence and will only help the program in a time where money and status matter more than ever in college sports to attract top talent.

His presence being anything but a positive is bizarre to me.
He has been doing this for what, four seasons? So when will it help the program in time?

No one outside of Syracuse and the team’s fans is talking about this. It is only relevant in our circle. So how does this add exposure or get recruits?

Is this weird to anyone else? I concede that I may just be out of touch and old, and I’m a huge nba fan (and love Giannis), but is this really helping us?

If it is, hey, I’m all for it. Keep running it back.

Just likely an out of touch old guy not seeing it.
Don’t get it.

The fact he’s sending out a press release with friends he’s paying to hang out is perverse?

I mean this isn’t showtime.

Don’t get it.

The fact he’s sending out a press release with friends he’s paying to hang out is perverse?

I mean this isn’t showtime.

Again, I just might be out of touch on this. Honestly.

It’s his money tho, so c’est la vie. Never going to tell anyone what to do with their money.

It just doesn’t *seem* to be helping us, but maybe it is? Dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom