AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

Paul Wight will bring attention when wrestles Shaq eventually.

Christian I like the guy but this a terrible signing to hype. He isn’t going to get you much attention.

Keep pushing MJF, Moxley, Omega.
Wait for a WWE talent that could actually make a difference get his contract up. A Cesaro or Kevin Owens type.

These old timers are sugar pills they are short term benefit long term decay.

Feel exactly the same about Christian. I enjoy him, but he doesn't deliver on the hype they gave.

No Titles changed hands. One thing AEW Titles too long between title changes. Omega should still be AEW Champion good with that. But do the Young Bucks have to have retained ? Could have put the titles on Jericho and MJF.

Paul Wight will bring attention when wrestles Shaq eventually.

Christian I like the guy but this a terrible signing to hype. He isn’t going to get you much attention.

Keep pushing MJF, Moxley, Omega.
Wait for a WWE talent that could actually make a difference get his contract up. A Cesaro or Kevin Owens type.

These old timers are sugar pills they are short term benefit long term decay.

I don't think they need to wait for any more WWE people to leave. They are building their own young stars, and once the crowds are back, they will elevate them. Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, and MJF are right there, with Sammy Guevara and PAC about to join them. I understand why they needed the 'established' stars to get notoriety, but they're now in a position to take the next step.

If Tony Khan has a weakness, it's similar to McMahon's obsession to sign wrestlers just b/c they're available.

I don't think they need to wait for any more WWE people to leave. They are building their own young stars, and once the crowds are back, they will elevate them. Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, and MJF are right there, with Sammy Guevara and PAC about to join them. I understand why they needed the 'established' stars to get notoriety, but they're now in a position to take the next step.

If Tony Khan has a weakness, it's similar to McMahon's obsession to sign wrestlers just b/c they're available.
There's such thing as being too deep a roster, correct. If you have too many, you can't effectively manage everyone in the time allotted. You can't flesh out character arcs and storylines or feuds.

No Titles changed hands. One thing AEW Titles too long between title changes. Omega should still be AEW Champion good with that. But do the Young Bucks have to have retained ? Could have put the titles on Jericho and MJF.

I think the story line is the disintegration of The Inner Circle. It is playing into the elevation of MJF and Sammy Guevara. Don't think the Bucks will be champs much longer, but it didn't make sense for the titles to change hands here.

There's such thing as being too deep a roster, correct. If you have too many, you can't effectively manage everyone in the time allotted. You can't flesh out character arcs and storylines or feuds.

That's a good point. Not sure if AEW is quite there, but Vince has paid several guys just to sit at home.

I’m a big Christian fan so a bit biased there, but I think it’s a good signing. He still looks to be in good shape, he can talk, and it’s clear that he’s a pros pro and is respected. Could probably contribute in a number of areas...can move into the main event on occasion, can probably manage or do commentary if needed.

There just aren’t any “holy shoot” 35 year old free agents out there. Christian is at least fresh IMO because he hasnt really been around in years. I think he’ll prove to be valuable there.

Disagree, I think that’s something AEW does right. Title changes should be a big deal and not everybody should get to be a champion.

The more I see them, the more I don’t care for the Bucks though. The super kicks spot was stupid. Just...fall down, ya know?

I think the story line is the disintegration of The Inner Circle. It is playing into the elevation of MJF and Sammy Guevara. Don't think the Bucks will be champs much longer, but it didn't make sense for the titles to change hands here.

I know where its leading up to MJF turning on Jericho and taking over the Inner Circle idk how far off we are to seeing that. Btw Sammy is off TV right now so idk bout elevation.

I know where its leading up to MJF turning on Jericho and taking over the Inner Circle idk how far off we are to seeing that. Btw Sammy is off TV right now so idk bout elevation.

Seems like Sammy could either could back to save Jericho when the others turn on him.

Or come back to stick the knife in further when the others turn on Jericho.

I’m a big Christian fan so a bit biased there, but I think it’s a good signing. He still looks to be in good shape, he can talk, and it’s clear that he’s a pros pro and is respected. Could probably contribute in a number of areas...can move into the main event on occasion, can probably manage or do commentary if needed.

There just aren’t any “holy shoot” 35 year old free agents out there. Christian is at least fresh IMO because he hasnt really been around in years. I think he’ll prove to be valuable there.
the WWE tweek is he just was at the Rumble Royal and him and Edge had a big homecoming.

shocked hes there, unless Vince has a plan...

Christian is fine, he is (was? It's been a while) a really great wrestler, but Tony Khan was building this signing up big time. Christian doesn't fit the bill for that. If they had just signed him without all the hoopla, not that big a deal to me.

I bought the PPV, it was the first one I bought since the initial show in May of 2019.

I was kinda underwhelmed. The way the explosion went at the end really left a bad taste in my mouth

I bought the PPV, it was the first one I bought since the initial show in May of 2019.

I was kinda underwhelmed. The way the explosion went at the end really left a bad taste in my mouth

Ive bought a couple of them - I think that last one I bought was the first one last spring without fans, where they had that empty stadium match.

I just can’t really justify spending $50 for a PPV in 2021, too often. WWE network ruined me on that.

Ive bought a couple of them - I think that last one I bought was the first one last spring without fans, where they had that empty stadium match.

I just can’t really justify spending $50 for a PPV in 2021, too often. WWE network ruined me on that.

Agree about the $50 when you compare it to the WWE Network. And now the Network will be on Peacock for only $5 a month too. I'm thinking about getting Wrestlemania for that price.

Agree about the $50 when you compare it to the WWE Network. And now the Network will be on Peacock for only $5 a month too. I'm thinking about getting Wrestlemania for that price.
I’ve gotta read up on that more. I got the network again maybe a month ago. Not sure if they transfer me over to Peacock, or what?

I’ve gotta read up on that more. I got the network again maybe a month ago. Not sure if they transfer me over to Peacock, or what?

I got an email with this link that has some info in the FAQ section

You have to login via their email they send you if you don’t have a peacock account.

I am going to not renew because I am not adding Peacock to my Netflix, Disney bundles and will just wait till I want to watch old shows
Again to renew.

It’s 5 dollars a month if you want the commercials during watching stuff and I think either 8 or
10 dollars without commericals.

I was looking for a reason to stop using it the Peacock deal was it for me.

It's time for the Big Show to hang them up. He's 49 and with his body type he is not a Jericho who at 50 who is already slowing down but could probably wrestle for a couple more years or even a Flair who was winning the IC Championship in his mid 50s.

The Revolution PPV last year was maybe the best ppv ive ever seen. They’ve definitely dropped in the past year and not just due to lack of fans. Way too many ex wwe guys. The whole appeal was fresh and new

Ok I gave in. I subscribe to the free version of WWE Network and I got an email to get 4 months of Peacock Premium for $10 so I did it. Seemed like a solid deal for Wrestlemania and everything else on Peacock. I'll probably cancel after the 4 months.

Ok I gave in. I subscribe to the free version of WWE Network and I got an email to get 4 months of Peacock Premium for $10 so I did it. Seemed like a solid deal for Wrestlemania and everything else on Peacock. I'll probably cancel after the 4 months.

I renew and cancel so often. Sometimes the mood just hits me to want to watch old wrestling, and I’ll sometimes catch the new PPVs if I’m intrigued enough too. They probably get $30-50 out of me each year, and I never have those stretches where I’m paying for it but not using it. Best way to do it, for me.

Depending on your viewing preferences, Peacock is a pretty good deal and offers a lot of content.

It's time for the Big Show to hang them up. He's 49 and with his body type he is not a Jericho who at 50 who is already slowing down but could probably wrestle for a couple more years or even a Flair who was winning the IC Championship in his mid 50s.
I can’t imagine that Big Show will be wrestling regularly. Seems like a guy who will have a match or two a year at this point.

Guys like Flair and Jericho are not physically imposing once they get old, but Big Show will always be absolutely massive and physically imposing.

In hindsight, AEW should’ve never taken the title off Jericho. He was an awesome champ, but then just wasted time as a comedy act for 6 months.

Imagine if they kept the title on him this whole time, did the MJF angle, and had him lose it to a white hot heel in MJF?

I think they’d be in a better place.